U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-06-2011, 10:45 PM
 
1,446 posts, read 3,021,066 times
Reputation: 598

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescityleon View Post
Tell us about the cables?

On an account linked to my e-mail address and risk my chance for a governemnt job? In your dreams.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-07-2011, 05:42 AM
 
Location: Murfreesboro (nearer Smyrna), TN
694 posts, read 625,036 times
Reputation: 345
You say that as though we knew that was the case. If the cables are public, which most everything is anymore, what difference does it make.

Charles Sands
Smyrna, TN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2011, 05:56 AM
 
Location: Londonderry, NH
41,505 posts, read 49,538,721 times
Reputation: 24548
I would possibly vote for a woman for president so long as they were left of center, if not completely leftist, politicians. I would never vote for Coulter, Palin or Clinton.

IMHO it is the policies, not the personalities or gender, that count.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2011, 06:06 AM
 
6,486 posts, read 5,481,808 times
Reputation: 1267
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescityleon View Post
I do not know but Can it happen. Maybe if she had Military experience, business and wasn't too pretty. old or too ambitious, or connected or beholhing.............nah not yet.
I honestly don't care if the candidate is male or female. I'll be curious to see though, if a conservative woman would get any votes from democrats. The amount of vitriol directed at Palin from the lefties is crazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2011, 06:16 AM
 
17,015 posts, read 11,381,491 times
Reputation: 8989
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescityleon View Post
.......2-6 years and you get your wish...........What I am afraid of if there is a back room agreement that favors Obama. If No-one steps up to challenge Palin, it makes me wonder how bad the republicans want it.
Obama may get re-elected. Stranger things have happened. If one was to evaluate his chances based on performance, he would not stand a snow balls chance in hell. However, apparently that is not how people vote.

Palin WILL NOT be the republican candidate. Too many republicans (myself included) would never support her. She is not widely favored by the money people in our state, which goes first for the primaries. Who WILL BE the republican candidate? I don't know- but I can tell you it will not be Newt Gingrich or Sarah Palin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2011, 06:33 AM
 
21,044 posts, read 19,007,637 times
Reputation: 5929
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpsTN View Post
I would say the country IS pretty much ready. I would not vote for a woman because women are too emotional to handle the extreme pressure. Women would make EXCELLENT advisors, though.

Charles Sands
Smyrna, TN
Didn't take long for that old myth to pop it's ridiculous head up!


Which means only intelligent people are perfectly fine with a woman president.



Boehner, MALE REPUBLICAN Speaker of the House blubbers like a baby if he's so much as asked for his address.


Are you fine with this????????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2011, 06:37 AM
 
18,104 posts, read 16,444,002 times
Reputation: 9746
Hillary is pulling Obama's strings like Cheney did with Bush so one could argue we already have a female president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2011, 06:39 AM
 
Location: Murfreesboro (nearer Smyrna), TN
694 posts, read 625,036 times
Reputation: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
The amount of vitriol directed at Palin from the lefties is crazy.
This, I believe, is because Palin is mostly what the libs like in women. She is intelligent, independent and strong willed. They "hate" her, I believe, because she is what they want in a woman, but she is operating against them. To the libs, women are supposed to be either Dems or horribly downtroden and suppressed by their men. This is BS, of course, but that seems to be what the libs want people to think about conservative women.

Charles Sands
Smyrna, TN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2011, 08:48 AM
 
873 posts, read 1,486,838 times
Reputation: 480
All of the candidates that make it to the primary are internationalist. They don't care about the U.S. citizens as anything but chattel....we're pawns in their game! Wake up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescityleon View Post
.....who do you think they are for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2011, 10:05 AM
 
21,044 posts, read 19,007,637 times
Reputation: 5929
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpsTN View Post
This, I believe, is because Palin is mostly what the libs like in women. She is intelligent, independent and strong willed. They "hate" her, I believe, because she is what they want in a woman, but she is operating against them. To the libs, women are supposed to be either Dems or horribly downtroden and suppressed by their men. This is BS, of course, but that seems to be what the libs want people to think about conservative women.

Charles Sands
Smyrna, TN
Since you refuse to acknowledge the fact that men are emotional could you at least think about these questions?:

How can you respect the advice of a woman if you can't respect her enough to have her lead?


How do you think men have done so far in "leading" the world?

Have they done a good job??

They've had about 10,000 years of leading so everything should be just perfect with their "superior" leadership....right???? RIGHT?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top