Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 04:38 PM

694 posts, read 745,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
All of the female candidates are terrible.
Other than Hillary Clinton, I know of no female candidates specifially.

Charles Sands
Smyrna, TN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2011, 04:39 PM

2,430 posts, read 2,767,470 times
Default Thanks........

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Still is. Though I estimate in a few or couple years Prince Charles will take the reigns
thanks for the clarification. This I am certain of .....if will never happen , unless she could be reincarnated as an American ( what........actress)

Old 03-06-2011, 04:43 PM

Default yeah..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I believe that if Hillary had won the nomination in 2008, she would have been President.

I think we are ready for a female President, I know her sex wouldn't sway my vote one way or another, just as long as she was the best person for the job.

There will always be a small percentage of the population that would never vote for a woman, but I think that they would be countered by some folks that would vote for any woman, simply because of her sex.
first she must win nomination.

Old 03-06-2011, 04:44 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,651,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpsTN View Post
I would say the country IS pretty much ready. I would not vote for a woman because women are too emotional to handle the extreme pressure. Women would make EXCELLENT advisors, though.

Charles Sands
Smyrna, TN
England,India,Ireland and many more have had women leaders. Margaret Thatcher reportedly told George Bush Sr. to not go all wobbly on her during the first Gulf war. You have an outdated and incorrect view of woman as it relates to history, but of course you are entitled to vote how you wish!

Old 03-06-2011, 04:47 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
No. Women don't belong in politics.

Look at the recent election--they'd rather have a black man as President than have a woman in the vice presidency.

Old 03-06-2011, 04:52 PM

Default are all women too emotional?

Quote:
I would say the country IS pretty much ready. I would not vote for a woman because women are too emotional to handle the extreme pressure. Women would make EXCELLENT advisors, though.

Charles Sands
Smyrna, TN
.........a tested person is our saftey net I think......documented service,Military, government, teaching , medical....Like a Dr. Avens kind of guy..........male or female.....doesent matter , but show us the documentation, tax return, birth cirtificate, transcripts, driving record, brain scan and blood work up. Put it on the web we the people will decide at the polls.

Old 03-06-2011, 04:55 PM

Default I will same you time

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
Is this a plug for Sarah Palin?
I will just say NO, you will not have to read all the BS.

Old 03-06-2011, 04:57 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,386,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescityleon View Post
first she must win nomination.
True, but I don't believe Hillary lost the nomination because she was a woman. I believe she lost the nomination due to her Iraq vote, and because people wanted a President with a name that wasn't Clinton or Bush.

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times
Ever heard of Sarah Palin?

Hillary Clinton is a great actress: wolf in sheep's clothing.

Quote:
Other than Hillary Clinton, I know of no female candidates specifially.

Charles Sands
Smyrna, TN

1,446 posts, read 3,551,337 times
I wish Hillary wanted to run in 2012, but it seems either she likes her position or doesn't want to eeign how much Pres. Obama has to put up with. Oh and those leaked cables don't help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies