Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Those at Fort Hood, who were killed or wounded, should be awarded Purple Hearts. It was a terrorist
Yes, they should be given Purple Hearts 20 52.63%
No. It was not a terrorist attack. They should NOT be awarded Purple Hearts 14 36.84%
other 3 7.89%
not sure 1 2.63%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 05:23 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,358,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
The US is the agressor in the middle east.
While crazy zealots caused 11 Sep; the US invaded Iraq and made/continues to make excursions into the Middle East with no provocation.

We are the aggressors.
It is our war.

Didn't take long for the "I hate America" crowd to show up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2011, 05:52 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,299,355 times
It was a man made disaster according to the child in the WH.

Old 03-07-2011, 06:09 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,072,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At_Last_2009 View Post
Those at Fort Hood, who were killed or wounded, should be awarded Purple Hearts. It was a terrorist attack on American.
Even if you decide it was a terrorist attack, what exactly would qualify them for a purple heart? Just being attacked isnt justification..

Old 03-07-2011, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
The US is the agressor in the middle east.
While crazy zealots caused 11 Sep; the US invaded Iraq and made/continues to make excursions into the Middle East with no provocation.

We are the aggressors.
It is our war.
BS.

Any war happens and our military personnel are honored no matter what.

Barry PROMISED to end both wars but instead he continues to step up the wars and orders drone to kill civilians etc.

On the other hand we ( America ) are being invaded by illegal Mexicans and radical Muslims and you say nothing.

The American hating left are always wrong on this issue.

Just like the haters from the left whining because the Gitmo killers never had trials for years, here we are almost 2 1/2 years into Obama and still NO TRIAL FOR KSM and nothing is being said.

Why is it radical liberals hate America so much they are willing to sell us out and put down our military who protect us.

Old 03-07-2011, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Even if you decide it was a terrorist attack, what exactly would qualify them for a purple heart? Just being attacked isnt justification..
WRONG ----

Here is how you get a purple heart.

Answers.com - Why is the Purple Heart medal awarded

a. The Purple Heart is awarded in the name of the President of the United States to any member of an Armed Force or any civilian national of the United States who, while serving under competent authority in any capacity with one of the U.S. Armed Services after 5 April 1917, has been wounded or killed, or who has died or may hereafter die after being wounded- [LEFT]
Read more: Answers.com - Why is the Purple Heart medal awarded

The attacks on these military people was an act of war by a radical Muslim and because it happens in America does not dis-qualify them.
[/LEFT]

Another left wing hate idea proved wrong.

Old 03-07-2011, 06:18 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,205,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
Doesn't the most common definition of terrorism require that the act be targeted against civilians, or non-combatants? What Hasan did at Ford Hood is an atrocity and he should face the harshest punishment for it, but I'm not yet convinced that engaging in violent acts against military troops can ever be terrorism. An act of war? Perhaps. An atrocity certainly.

But words matter. We have to make sure that terrorism doesn't become just a catchall phrase for bad or mean or terrible. I know there are definitions out there that don't require civilians to be the target, but it would seem that the more sound approach would be that terrorism is the use of terror against civilians in order to achieve a coercive goal.

I would just like for it to be called what it was
I am sick of down playing it
these are our finest and bravest!
They were unarmed and on their base in the US
what would you call that??
The battle cry of islam was given by this coward before he opened fire.
I will never forget that day when Obama strutted out and gave call outs to his buddies before he said what happened and scolded us to not to jump to conclusions, give me a frigging break!!!

Old 03-07-2011, 06:22 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,205,180 times
Quote:

maybe they were not killed good enough for you
this just pisses me off to no end
our military is the bravest and the finest on earth
and you want to say this crap!!!
I would love to see the cowards like this stand a frigging post for just one night
except you would be so busy peeing your pants you could not hold a gun
and I do not care if I get slaped down for this
people like you make me sick!!!!!
yet our milatary protect you and you dishonor them by this bull sh**

Old 03-07-2011, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
WRONG ----

Here is how you get a purple heart.

Answers.com - Why is the Purple Heart medal awarded

a. The Purple Heart is awarded in the name of the President of the United States to any member of an Armed Force or any civilian national of the United States who, while serving under competent authority in any capacity with one of the U.S. Armed Services after 5 April 1917, has been wounded or killed, or who has died or may hereafter die after being wounded- [LEFT]
Read more: Answers.com - Why is the Purple Heart medal awarded

The attacks on these military people was an act of war by a radical Muslim and because it happens in America does not dis-qualify them.
[/LEFT]

Another left wing hate idea proved wrong.
Dont stop there..
Navy and Marine Decorations - Purple Heart
In action against an enemy of the United States
They were not in an action against an enemy of the US
[SIZE=2]In action with an opposing armed force of a foreign country in which the Armed Forces of the United States are or have been engaged. [/SIZE]
They were not in an action with the opposing armed forces of a foreign country
[SIZE=2]While serving with friendly foreign forces engaged in an armed conflict against an opposing armed force in which the United States is not a belligerent party. [/SIZE]
They were not serving with friendly foreign forces engaged in an armed conflict.

etc.. you get the picture..

p.s. I'm not even close to left wing..

Old 03-07-2011, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
maybe they were not killed good enough for you
this just pisses me off to no end
The purple heart isnt awarded to people for simply dying in conflict..

Otherwise everyone from 9/11 would have qualified for the Purple Heart... Do they give them out to everyone who has died in conflict? Millions of them were passed out to everyone who's died? How many of them have been given out for Iraq?
Quote:
our military is the bravest and the finest on earth
and you want to say this crap!!!
Say what, that they dont qualify simply for dying? Yes.. I will say it because ITS TRUE.. No one disputed their braveness..
Quote:
I would love to see the cowards like this stand a frigging post for just one night
except you would be so busy peeing your pants you could not hold a gun
and I do not care if I get slaped down for this
You have no clue if I have spent time in the military or not... Just dying does NOT qualify you for a purple heart... We did not give everyone a purple heart who died at Pearl Harbor, nor Vietnam, or WWII for example.. So stop taking things so personal.. I am stated FACTS..

We do NOT give people purple hearts just for dying..
Quote:
yet our milatary protect you and you dishonor them by this bull sh**
I did not dishonor anyone.. in fact if you were to just pass them out like candy, then you would indeed be dishonoring those who have received them due to the steps they have taken over and above the call of duty..

Old 03-07-2011, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Dont stop there..
Navy and Marine Decorations - Purple Heart
In action against an enemy of the United States
They were not in an action against an enemy of the US
[SIZE=2]In action with an opposing armed force of a foreign country in which the Armed Forces of the United States are or have been engaged. [/SIZE]
They were not in an action with the opposing armed forces of a foreign country
[SIZE=2]While serving with friendly foreign forces engaged in an armed conflict against an opposing armed force in which the United States is not a belligerent party. [/SIZE]
They were not serving with friendly foreign forces engaged in an armed conflict.

etc.. you get the picture..

p.s. I'm not even close to left wing..

They were in action against an enemy of the US. Once he opened fired they became engaged with an enemy of the US.

It can be either friendly or unfriendly as long as they have been engaged. And they were by this radical muslim killer.

So you are saying that not one single military person should ever get a purple heart fighting in Afghanistan, Iraq or wherever correct?

Just because it happens on our soil does NOT exclude them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies