Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2011, 10:27 AM

88,930 posts, read 44,757,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
So... how do we actually tell "propaganda" spin from real "facts?" We look for the mealy mouthed qualifiers slipped into what would be a falsehood without them.

Words such as "virtual" (i.e. not an "actual monopoly"), "almost" (i.e. not "actually no bidding") and "de facto" (i.e. not "actual veto power.").
...OR those of us who are better informed and think rationally instead of communicating only emoted 'feelings' could look at the ACTUAL Risk Management and Insurance analysis referred to in the document:
http://www.wpri.org/Reports/Volume13/Vol13no8.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2011, 10:33 AM

20,893 posts, read 16,067,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
...OR those of us who are better informed and think rationally instead of communicating only emoted 'feelings' could look at the ACTUAL Risk Management and Insurance analysis referred to in the document:
http://www.wpri.org/Reports/Volume13/Vol13no8.pdf
You can pretend you are whatever you want to pretend you are.

You still would not recognize a "fact" if it bit you on the face.

Old 03-09-2011, 10:58 AM

Quote:
You can pretend you are whatever you want to pretend you are.

You still would not recognize a "fact" if it bit you on the face.
Your emotional opinion is that Risk Management and Insurance professionals don't know what they're talking about? That's what you're going to go on? Really?

Old 03-09-2011, 11:01 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,188,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
This poll was commissioned by a right leaning "free market" group and is considered by some, one of the most accurate of Wisconsin polls.

Another Poll: Wisconsinites Disapprove Of Walker, Want Him To Compromise | TPMDC

This right leaning poll also has him at majority disapproval and growing.

Wisconsin Governor Walker: 43% Approval Rating - Rasmussen Reports™

Tell me again why those 14 Dem Senators need to worry about voter backlash by standing up to some bully who doesn't represent the majority in his State?

probably for the same reasons that the bully in the wh decided that the usa needed uhc when the majority did not want uhc.

what a boondoggle that is, will be glad when oabam becomes just like carter, a 1 term president.

Old 03-09-2011, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Your emotional opinion is that Risk Management and Insurance professionals don't know what they're talking about? That's what you're going to go on? Really?
No. Not even close.

My sober opinion is that you don't know what you're talking about.

I give more credit to the Risk Management and Insurance Professionals for knowing what they are talking about. But I do not give your source any credit for honestly representing that knowledge given the political agenda that they are pushing.

Old 03-09-2011, 12:01 PM

Quote:
No. Not even close.

My sober opinion is that you don't know what you're talking about.
I refer to the facts. You respond with emotional unsupported opinions. Not much of a contest there.

Quote:
I give more credit to the Risk Management and Insurance Professionals for knowing what they are talking about. But I do not give your source any credit for honestly representing that knowledge given the political agenda that they are pushing.
I can tell by this that you didn't even read the analysis by a union member WI state employee and an independent consultant.

Old 03-09-2011, 12:04 PM

Quote:
I refer to the facts.
You refer to them constantly. What I am waiting for is for you to actually show us some.

Instead all we get from you is straw men, red herring and propaganda.

Old 03-09-2011, 12:05 PM

Quote:
You refer to them constantly. What I am waiting for is you to actually show us some.
I've posted the links. Numerous times.

Old 03-09-2011, 12:06 PM

Quote:
I've posted the links. Numerous times.
And when those links are followed, we find straw men, red herring and propaganda.

Look it up. "Link" and "fact" are not synonyms.

Old 03-09-2011, 12:07 PM

Quote:
And when those links are followed, we find straw men, red herring and propaganda.
You're claiming a union member WI state employee is publishing propaganda? Interesting...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies