Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 09:43 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,750,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
The story has no credibility because Limbaugh has high ratings. Charlie Sheen is not an addict because his show had high ratings. Gotcha!!

No one could be that dense. OK here we go. There are many unfounded attacks on these guys, including this one (argument one). Now, the effect of these unfounded accusations is to draw more attention to these broadcasters, increasing their ratings (argument two). Argument two flows from argument one. It doesn't cause it.Capisce?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2011, 09:44 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
The story has no credibility because Limbaugh has high ratings. Charlie Sheen is not an addict because his show had high ratings. Gotcha!!
You ignored the question..

What gives some anonymous "interviewee" credibility? Wouldnt you think that there would be more individuals to substantiate the claim? Dont you think there are enough right wing kooks in the country that would be willing to call for FREE? After all, they get what, 10 callers per day?

This is like the story about the costs of one of Obamas trips.. Some anonymous individual said the cost was $x, which was reported everywhere.. and you liberals said the story had no credibility because the individual wouldnt name who he was.. now all of a sudden, some anonymous individual makes some claim and liberals are foaming at the mouth, despite the fact that it just makes no sense given the number of people willing to do it for free..

Old 03-06-2011, 09:45 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,802,841 times
Talk about "Coals to Newcastle."
I can't even imagine how many calls
these national shows must get.
As if they need to pay for callers.
Are some people really that gullible,
or would they just believe anything
that might discredit Rush, etc.?

Last edited by Speleothem; 03-06-2011 at 10:12 PM..

Old 03-06-2011, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post

What gives some anonymous "interviewee" credibility? Wouldnt you think that there would be more individuals to substantiate the claim? Dont you think there are enough right wing kooks in the country that would be willing to call for FREE? After all, they get what, 10 callers per day?

This is like the story about the costs of one of Obamas trips.. Some anonymous individual said the cost was $x, which was reported everywhere.. and you liberals said the story had no credibility because the individual wouldnt name who he was.. now all of a sudden, some anonymous individual makes some claim and liberals are foaming at the mouth, despite the fact that it just makes no sense given the number of people willing to do it for free..

Nah, he didn't ignore it, he clearly is being obtuse because he knows these accusations have no credibility.

Old 03-06-2011, 09:49 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,289,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post

The callers who call in to Limbaugh sound a lot more polished than the right wing kooks, some in my family, who I come across in real life. Compare the tea party interviews on youtube to the callers on Limbaugh. The youtube right wingers are way nuttier, and racist. Paid actors you can control what they say and what they don't say. A left winger can call Limbaugh pretending to be conservative and give him a sucker punch, I've heard it before. Limbaugh's pretty good at catching it, but some get through and this is when he gets into trouble.

Old 03-06-2011, 09:54 PM

Quote:
The callers who call in to Limbaugh sound a lot more polished than the right wing kooks, some in my family, who I come across in real life. Compare the tea party interviews on youtube to the callers on Limbaugh. The youtube right wingers are way nuttier, and racist. Paid actors you can control what they say and what they don't say. A left winger can call Limbaugh pretending to be conservative and give him a sucker punch, I've heard it before. Limbaugh's pretty good at catching it, but some get through and this is when he gets into trouble.
Too funny. SO this is the basis of the credibility of the articles? Lame....

Old 03-06-2011, 10:00 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,289,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Too funny. SO this is the basis of the credibility of the articles? Lame....
Well aside from the fact that there are multiple sources of the story, and the same company which broadcasts the shows has a division which offers these type of services, and how many of their calls sound scripted and rehearsed, and very few left leaning callers ever get through, I'd have to say not much more.

Old 03-06-2011, 10:05 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:

Now if you have proof that the cites listed are not credible besides your opinion I'd like to see it. If they have been caught in lies before or have a reputation like fabricating news, you might have a point.
Again, just another made-up story from the Left, whose attacks on Rush and Fox have achieved great things.....for Rush and Fox.

Old 03-06-2011, 10:09 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You either lie or are misinformed.. Glenn Beck Limps Into 2011 With Falling Ratings

Is Right-Wing Talk Dying? | Story | BLTWY (http://bltwy.msnbc.msn.com/politics/is-right-wing-talk-dying-1680987.story - broken link)
How about neither. Where in my post;

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Let's see. When has the Left's attacks on Rush, Fox ever worked? Why do they bother? They lose big every single time.

Just look at the facts; since the left has been engaged in attacking Fox and Rush, their ratings have gone through the roof over the years.

Nice work, fellas.
Did I mention Beck?

Oh, you do know that Beck has a couple million viewers a night, don't you? Far, far, far, far more than anybody on the Left.

Old 03-06-2011, 10:12 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
The callers who call in to Limbaugh sound a lot more polished than the right wing kooks, some in my family, who I come across in real life.
Thats because they probably go through 20 callers to find 1 worthy of going on the air. So because they put the "educated" sounding callers on, they have to be paid?
Quote:
Compare the tea party interviews on youtube to the callers on Limbaugh. The youtube right wingers are way nuttier, and racist.
There clearly would be a world of difference between left wingers finding right wing "kooks" to pertray as "tea partiers", than those calling a talk show host.. Especially since the left wing has admitting to outright doing things to discredit the tea partiers, even pretending to be one and acting stupid in front of the camera.. Odd now that the left is making the same accusations that they've been caught doing themself..
Quote:
Paid actors you can control what they say and what they don't say. A left winger can call Limbaugh pretending to be conservative and give him a sucker punch, I've heard it before. Limbaugh's pretty good at catching it, but some get through and this is when he gets into trouble.
So by your own admission left wingers get through, so what again would give this story credibility? Do you think the left wingers were also paid?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies