U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-07-2011, 10:33 AM
 
10,017 posts, read 5,750,802 times
Reputation: 6884

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Well, IF you've actually listened to Rush for 20 years as you say you have, this wouldn't be a surprise, because you would KNOW that except for Fridays, Rush only takes calls that touch on the topic HE wants to talk about or has brought up.

So I would take your "story" with a lot of doubt. Do you have a voice print analysis sitting at home, because that's the only way I know you might be able to tell if voices match.

Well, your counter-argument makes no sense. Yes, the person calling in is talking about whatever subject Rush is talking about. The point I was making: there are a couple of callers whose voice I recognize, but seem to change names. That is the point. I also do not need a voice print machine, since my hearing is very good, and I, like many people, can discriminate between voices and recognize a 'familiar' voice.

Just like on Stern: there are some callers I recognize as soon as they speak (Mary Ann of Brooklyn, for instance).

Anyway, just my opinion that there are a few callers who certainly bear a strong resemblence to frequent callers. Sorry if such an opinion rocks your world.

Back to work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-07-2011, 11:14 AM
 
Location: Chicagoland
41,314 posts, read 38,491,655 times
Reputation: 7106
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
FYI, we are not attacking the ratings, we are attacking the intentional dispensing of misinformation for the purpose of an underlying agenda.

Now if you are entertained by propaganda, consider the consequences for countries whose citizens fed on it.
See, the problem is you have no evidence to back up the claims, just a few leftists pretending to be paid callers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2011, 11:34 AM
 
Location: Sarasota FL
6,525 posts, read 8,615,162 times
Reputation: 6048
If there was any person that was paid to talk on any conservative talk show, you can be sure that thay would be showing proof of payment with a check stub/cancelled check AND a recording of the phone call to every liberal news outlet. It would be story #1 every hour for days.
So, why don't the paid callers come foreward with the breaking news?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2011, 11:40 AM
 
Location: Chicagoland
41,314 posts, read 38,491,655 times
Reputation: 7106
Well, first of all, Rush has so few callers, what would be the point. I mean, he might get to 5 or 6 in a day.

As usual, another made-up story by the Left that doesn't make sense and is going nowhere.

Rush was laughing about this today.

The smell of desperation is in the air, but it's a little late, seeing as how Rush and Fox are at the pinnacle of success.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2011, 11:40 AM
 
Location: Wiesbaden, Germany
13,807 posts, read 25,852,834 times
Reputation: 3984
These "sources" leave a lot to be desired, but then again since when does that ever stop the leftist trolls? Y'all are pretty good at quoting wikipedia and opinion pieces as news and facts too. Oh well, someone has to be in the bottom 50%...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2011, 11:47 AM
 
48,519 posts, read 81,076,846 times
Reputation: 17978
I don't thnik nayone has to apy to get angry calers unless one beleive that PBS call in also pays.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2011, 03:22 PM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 15,298,472 times
Reputation: 6451
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Let's see. When has the Left's attacks on Rush, Fox ever worked? Why do they bother? They lose big every single time.

Just look at the facts; since the left has been engaged in attacking Fox and Rush, their ratings have gone through the roof over the years.

Nice work, fellas.

You got that right, and their jello, wriggles just a bit too much, know what i mean!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2011, 03:31 PM
 
5,915 posts, read 4,014,054 times
Reputation: 1396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
The callers who call in to Limbaugh sound a lot more polished than the right wing kooks, some in my family, who I come across in real life. Compare the tea party interviews on youtube to the callers on Limbaugh.
Have you heard the term Call Screening?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2011, 03:40 PM
 
5,915 posts, read 4,014,054 times
Reputation: 1396
It's funny to see how the very educated and sophisticated left is embracing a baseless allegation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2011, 04:17 PM
 
10,963 posts, read 7,760,409 times
Reputation: 3113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
" The talk show actors had to audtion to be considered. According to one man who participated in the charade, if the actor passed the audition he would be invited periodically to call in to various talk shows and recite various scenarios that made for interesting radio. He would never be identified as an actor, and his scenarios would never be identified as fabricated—which they always were."

Conservative talk radio accused of using actors as callers | Cal Coast News

Do Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity Use Paid Actors... | Gather
Hannity, Beck and Limbaugh being disingenious?

Who knew!

Once again Conservative show they will do "Whatever It Takes" to advance their agenda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top