Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 05:55 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times

Advertisements

Not a word from the MSM.

If the opposite were to happen, it would be front page news on every major newspaper in America and the leading story on all MSM newscasts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2011, 05:56 AM

6,926 posts, read 6,551,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
But it's a religion of peace?
The suni's have never been a religion of peace and never will. They are they terrorists!!!!

Old 03-09-2011, 03:16 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,738,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopedelivers View Post
The suni's have never been a religion of peace and never will. They are they terrorists!!!!
The track record of the Sunnis is better than the Shiites, at least in terms of how they treat Christians.

Old 03-25-2011, 09:24 AM

1 posts, read 621 times
Ok first off i'm new and unaware on how to make my first thread. Please help.

I'm currently doing an essay on Muslims taking over the goverment. and well i have much to say and want to hear from others. I will keep in short on hear. and i know some of you will want hear more but i need you help on how to do so.

Thank You

This most certainly a important true topic. who ever discriminated on this question knows nothing about politics and our Goverment. I'm only 20 and i know more then a few of you. Muslims truely are tring to take over the goverment. All actions that are being taken are only making maters worse. What i muslim? It is a religion, a religion should be faught with a more powerfull and true force. (Christianity). Muslims has been created by the devil. So there God is not our God. That of that if a Muslim becomes apart of Congress. Christians need to spread there faith and we must grow stronger.

Old 03-25-2011, 09:28 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,130,599 times
I'm going to stick up for religion here.

Religion per se is not the problem, it's this particular KIND of religion. And no, I don't mean Islam. I mean fundamentalism. Buddhists aren't exactly well-known for their commitment to violence. Taoists don't tend to riot. Methodists and Episcopalians don't generally burn cars and shoot children.

Neither do most Muslims.

Uneducated, fervently religious people are dangerous in any society. It's only a question of degree.

Old 03-25-2011, 09:33 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strel View Post
i'm going to stick up for religion here.

Religion per se is not the problem, it's this particular kind of religion. And no, i don't mean islam. I mean fundamentalism. Buddhists aren't exactly well-known for their commitment to violence. Taoists don't tend to riot. Methodists and episcopalians don't generally burn cars and shoot children.

Neither do most muslims.

Uneducated, fervently religious people are dangerous in any society. It's only a question of degree.
+1

Old 03-25-2011, 09:34 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
(AINA) -- A mob of nearly four thousand Muslims has attacked Coptic homes this evening in the village of Soul, Atfif in Helwan Governorate, 30 kilometers from Cairo, and torched the Church of St. Mina and St. George. There are conflicting reports about the whereabouts of the Church pastor Father Yosha and three deacons who were at church; some say they died in the fire and some say they are being held captive by the Muslims inside the church.
Witnesses report the mob prevented the fire brigade from entering the village. The army, which has been stationed for the last two days in the village of Bromil, 7 kilometers from Soul, initially refused to go into Soul, according to the officer in charge. When the army finally sent three tanks to the village, Muslim elders sent them away, saying that everything was "in order now."
A curfew has been imposed on the 12,000 Christians in the village.
This incident was triggered by a relationship between 40-year-old Copt Ashraf Iskander and a Muslim woman. Yesterday a "reconciliation" meeting was arranged between the relevant Coptic and Muslim families and together with the Muslim elders it was decided that Ashraf Iskander would have to leave the village because Muslims torched his house.
The father of the Muslim woman was killed by his cousin because he did not kill his daughter to preserve the family's honor, which led the woman's brother to avenge the death of his father by killing the cousin. The village Muslims blamed the Christians.

Nearly 4000 Muslims Attack Christian Homes in Egypt, Torch Church
This is just a part of freedom loving, democracy loving, Muslims, and the most peaceful religion in the world - nothing to see here (cause the fire burned up all the evidence).

Old 03-25-2011, 09:39 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
I'm going to stick up for religion here.

Religion per se is not the problem, it's this particular KIND of religion. And no, I don't mean Islam. I mean fundamentalism. Buddhists aren't exactly well-known for their commitment to violence. Taoists don't tend to riot. Methodists and Episcopalians don't generally burn cars and shoot children.

Neither do most Muslims.

Try looking around at all the wars, genocide and rioting going on in the world, then find out how many Muslims are instigating it.

Maybe its just the times we live in, and their religion is going thru changes, but Muslims are prominent sources in the violence going on around the world.

Old 03-25-2011, 09:41 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,130,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Try looking around at all the wars, genocide and rioting going on in the world, then find out how manyFUNDAMENTALIST Muslims are instigating it.
FIFY.

Quote:
Maybe its just the times we live in, and their religion is going thru changes, but Muslims are prominent sources in the violence going on around the world.
It is just the times we live in. Why can you not differentiate between peaceful, moderate, EDUCATED muslims and the radicals?

Do you even know any muslims?

Old 03-25-2011, 09:47 AM

2,476 posts, read 2,603,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
(AINA) -- A mob of nearly four thousand Muslims has attacked Coptic homes this evening in the village of Soul, Atfif in Helwan Governorate, 30 kilometers from Cairo, and torched the Church of St. Mina and St. George. There are conflicting reports about the whereabouts of the Church pastor Father Yosha and three deacons who were at church; some say they died in the fire and some say they are being held captive by the Muslims inside the church.
Witnesses report the mob prevented the fire brigade from entering the village. The army, which has been stationed for the last two days in the village of Bromil, 7 kilometers from Soul, initially refused to go into Soul, according to the officer in charge. When the army finally sent three tanks to the village, Muslim elders sent them away, saying that everything was "in order now."
A curfew has been imposed on the 12,000 Christians in the village.
This incident was triggered by a relationship between 40-year-old Copt Ashraf Iskander and a Muslim woman. Yesterday a "reconciliation" meeting was arranged between the relevant Coptic and Muslim families and together with the Muslim elders it was decided that Ashraf Iskander would have to leave the village because Muslims torched his house.
The father of the Muslim woman was killed by his cousin because he did not kill his daughter to preserve the family's honor, which led the woman's brother to avenge the death of his father by killing the cousin. The village Muslims blamed the Christians.

Nearly 4000 Muslims Attack Christian Homes in Egypt, Torch Church

BUt but but its a religion of peace........My a$$!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies