Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 04:37 PM

2,208 posts, read 1,830,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
Most people that have a gun, have more than one. I do not know a single person that has a gun, that just has that one gun.
This is true, about 62% of gun owners have more than one gun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2011, 05:21 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,889,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
Is that a CCW permit? If so congrats.
Yeah man it's a ccw in Mass. I hear it takes locals 90 + days... The whole thing is bunk if you ask me, and I am no one very special.

Hint, it helps if you already own hand guns and allude you will carry permit or no permit.

Old 03-07-2011, 05:31 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,319,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Yeah man it's a ccw in Mass. I hear it takes locals 90 + days... The whole thing is bunk if you ask me, and I am no one very special.

Hint, it helps if you already own hand guns and allude you will carry permit or no permit.

As a firearms instructor at a local school that teaches the safety class required for a Mass. license to carry I have to tell you that's the worst advice I've ever seen offered.

1. You're telling the police that you are currently committing a felony and will continue to do so

2. When applying for a LTC in Mass. you have to be courteous, respectful, and follow the licensing officer's directions. If you are rude and disrespectful as you suggest above you will be turned down instantly.

3. It's not 1970 anymore. What purportedly worked for you back then will NEVER work today. An LEO can turn down your application for any reason they see fit by law. An abrasive attitude is not going to work- end of story

Old 03-07-2011, 05:34 PM

29,970 posts, read 18,529,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
All I can say is that I am picking someone else's slack. Other US citizens need to buy more guns.

Old 03-07-2011, 05:37 PM

Sorry Rick, I Shall Not be Infinged seems to work...... I don't do that state thing well or surrender at all. If it's surrender bring body bags.......

Old 03-07-2011, 05:43 PM

4,128 posts, read 2,814,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
"U.S. most armed country with 90 guns per 100 people"

Makes you wonder why we even need a military. Who in their right mind would attempt to invade a country with that many armed citizens. Which by the way was the reason for the 2nd Amendment, not to have the ability to defend folks against the national government.

Which begs the question, if guns are so damned important to defend against the strongest military in the world, bar none, why are these same folks so damned scared of third rate ones?
Keep in mind, in an invasion scenario, not everyone that has a weapon is automatically gonna head off into the hills to fight a foreign military a'la Red Dawn. Some will, no doubt, but some won't. The jump from shopping at the mall, falling asleep on the couch with a beer - to guerrilla warfare is a big one. Many people in our culture just aren't prepared for that.

Old 03-07-2011, 05:45 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,319,937 times
Quote:
Sorry Rick, I Shall Not be Infinged seems to work...... I don't do that state thing well or surrender at all. If it's surrender bring body bags.......

I shall not be infringed in any Mass. PD shall get you shown to the door with no license to carry. If you don't believe me bring it up for discussion here:

www.northeastshooters.com

Go ahead and see if any other locals share your opinion.

Old 03-07-2011, 05:52 PM

4,128 posts, read 2,814,205 times
Quote:
I do agree with some of your other posts, repped you on one of 'em, but this kind of attitude can only hurt the 2A movement as it stands.

Old 03-07-2011, 05:59 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,367,200 times
Quote:
That attitude works just fine in Alaska, were you do not need law enforcement's permission to carry, openly or concealed.

As long as you immediately inform any law enforcement officer that stops you that you are armed, you are good to go. Although, they can ask to have your weapon secured for the duration of the contact with them.

Permits are for bureaucrats.

Old 03-07-2011, 06:05 PM

Rick I live in NH........ I am land locked behind Mass and NY... If you think I won't carry there you would be wrong. In 05 i carried in 40 states all the way to Cal and back. I shall not be infringed.

Like it or not I am a Free Man. I carry in NY state where my bride is from and any Leo or bad guys are the same thing to me.
Don't like it and bring body bags i will assist filling them untill I can't. It's just the way I am.

I shot a man legally and after that lost my father in law and his 2nd wife people my wife loved and so did I. The system did nothing to stop, or protect.

I will shoot anyone after giving them a chioce to go home bad guys or cops it all the same to me.

I am hard core, but have nothing against you and in fact defended you a few posts up.

I can assure you any times I pass thru Mass and NY states I am armed and always will be untill I don't waste air on this side of the grass. I shall not be infinged.

This has nothing to do with you personally, I have ot called you out, but I remain the same armed and have been every day since Easter 99 when the cops failed. I should have been armed every day since I shot my very own special bad guy.

I used to be more forgiving than I am now. It's just the way it is.

No LEO is very special to me. I don't 'do' anything to be remarkable and mind my own bee's wax.

I attend shoots out side of new England often and I don't go to shoots unarmed.

I have suffered at the hands of Mass Leo's and even demanded to be charged and arrested. Not a very common event. The demand led to me being released rather promptly I might add.

I wasn't breaking any laws. I was being illegally detained.

Me: I am sick of the elite, and I don't fear death, which gives me an edge. That double murder not 3 city blocks off from that cop shop set me off some. You suffer something like that and you get hard core big time.

At this point I got no more use of cops than they do of me. They are one in the same to me as a bad guys. The best we can do is leave one another the Hell alone.

Thars no bloomin way I will ever go unarmed anywhere. There is one way to stop me and only one way and you know what that is. I shall not be Infinged!

You don't have to like it, but you must accept it. This is the one law I will break every day untill I am dead... I just don't care what states honor, or respect my valid permits.
I am not the enemy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies