U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-07-2011, 02:03 PM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
14,330 posts, read 19,074,450 times
Reputation: 18436

Advertisements

Scott Walker belongs on "Green Acres" in Hooterville, not running the state of WI. His approval ratings are dropping, and it is expected that he and about 8 WI GOP senators will to be RECALLED. The state of WI will never make that mistake again of supporting Republicans after they have shown their arses like this.

WI like 48 other states, thrown into an economic free fall because of Bush/Republican policies over 8 years. Their strategy? Ignore the Bush effect and after-effect; pretend Dems and Obama are the cause of the after-effect which has spilled over into Obama's first term. Absurd. The result? Walker (GOP) ratings are tanking and Obama's ratings are RISING.

Rough times ahead for the GOP.

First Read - Reversal of fortune in Wisconsin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-07-2011, 02:06 PM
 
Location: Massachusetts
10,032 posts, read 6,895,794 times
Reputation: 4207
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Scott Walker belongs on "Green Acres" in Hooterville, not running the state of WI. His approval ratings are dropping, and it is expected that he and about 8 WI GOP senators will to be RECALLED. The state of WI will never make that mistake again of supporting Republicans after they have shown their arses like this.

WI like 48 other states, thrown into an economic free fall because of Bush/Republican policies over 8 years. Their strategy? Ignore the Bush effect and after-effect; pretend Dems and Obama are the cause of the after-effect which has spilled over into Obama's first term. Absurd. The result? Walker (GOP) ratings are tanking and Obama's ratings are RISING.

Rough times ahead for the GOP.

First Read - Reversal of fortune in Wisconsin

LMMFAO- apparently you think if you say this enough times it might actually be true?

No worries though....I'm sure this will be your typical post and run thread with no replies or debates from you as the OP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2011, 02:30 PM
 
Location: Maine
15,163 posts, read 19,812,140 times
Reputation: 17381
Scott Walker is the lapdog of the Koch brothers. Nothing more. He's just taking orders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2011, 02:30 PM
 
30,996 posts, read 24,421,247 times
Reputation: 17868
yes it is true that the unions are spending tons of money to try and recall 8 GOP senators, but by the same token, wisconsin citizens are starting recall petitions for 6 of the 8 democrat senators that fled the state to avoid a vote. i suspect that the gop will survive the recall attempts, and the dems wont.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2011, 03:14 PM
 
33,526 posts, read 14,708,788 times
Reputation: 7645
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Scott Walker belongs on "Green Acres" in Hooterville, not running the state of WI. His approval ratings are dropping, and it is expected that he and about 8 WI GOP senators will to be RECALLED. The state of WI will never make that mistake again of supporting Republicans after they have shown their arses like this.

WI like 48 other states, thrown into an economic free fall because of Bush/Republican policies over 8 years. Their strategy? Ignore the Bush effect and after-effect; pretend Dems and Obama are the cause of the after-effect which has spilled over into Obama's first term. Absurd. The result? Walker (GOP) ratings are tanking and Obama's ratings are RISING.

Rough times ahead for the GOP.

First Read - Reversal of fortune in Wisconsin

Many posters have used the same language before, "because of Bush/Republican policies over 8 years." and I have challenged them to supply data for EACH of those 8 years, and who was in charge of the Congress, give us the details as to which exact policies to support your claim. Or is this just another baseless rant.?


I hate to break your little bubble but if history repeats itself Walker will pobably be re-elected.

"As in Wisconsin, these events prompted an initial period of political backlash. Engler’s approval ratings fell far below Walker’s (into the 20s as I recall), and the experts rated his chances for re-election as slim to none.
Engler and Michigan Republican legislators were faced with the same choice that Scott Walker and his allies face today. Cave in to the pressure and seek accommodation or stick to their guns and make the changes necessary to put their state on the right path. They chose the latter course and accomplished their mission. Soon Michigan was out of budget danger. Later, as the state’s economy improved, Michigan not only moved into the black but was able to build a large surplus. That the state’s resurgence was not merely a reflection of a national trend could be seen in the numbers, which indicated that for the first time in years Michigan’s unemployment rate was “below” the national average. Adding further evidence was the announcement that Michigan was voted the number one destination for new business relocations due in large part to the 20 plus tax cuts Engler and his team had enacted.
As for Engler’s seemingly dim political prospects and dismal approval ratings, they too underwent a radical reversal. In 1994, he was re-elected with about 60 percent of the vote. Four years later, he won a third term with an even larger margin.'

The Michigan Experience | The Weekly Standard
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2011, 03:25 PM
 
Location: Massachusetts
10,032 posts, read 6,895,794 times
Reputation: 4207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Many posters have used the same language before, "because of Bush/Republican policies over 8 years." and I have challenged them to supply data for EACH of those 8 years, and who was in charge of the Congress, give us the details as to which exact policies to support your claim. Or is this just another baseless rant.?


I hate to break your little bubble but if history repeats itself Walker will pobably be re-elected.

"As in Wisconsin, these events prompted an initial period of political backlash. Engler’s approval ratings fell far below Walker’s (into the 20s as I recall), and the experts rated his chances for re-election as slim to none.
Engler and Michigan Republican legislators were faced with the same choice that Scott Walker and his allies face today. Cave in to the pressure and seek accommodation or stick to their guns and make the changes necessary to put their state on the right path. They chose the latter course and accomplished their mission. Soon Michigan was out of budget danger. Later, as the state’s economy improved, Michigan not only moved into the black but was able to build a large surplus. That the state’s resurgence was not merely a reflection of a national trend could be seen in the numbers, which indicated that for the first time in years Michigan’s unemployment rate was “below” the national average. Adding further evidence was the announcement that Michigan was voted the number one destination for new business relocations due in large part to the 20 plus tax cuts Engler and his team had enacted.
As for Engler’s seemingly dim political prospects and dismal approval ratings, they too underwent a radical reversal. In 1994, he was re-elected with about 60 percent of the vote. Four years later, he won a third term with an even larger margin.'

The Michigan Experience | The Weekly Standard
It is just another baseless rant. It doesn't really matter anyway because A_Lexus will not return to this thread to debate any of the rebuttals as is the case with just about all of his/her threads.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2011, 03:28 PM
 
Location: Massachusetts
10,032 posts, read 6,895,794 times
Reputation: 4207
BTW: dontchya just love the "Green Acres" in Hooterville thing? Of course that's perfectly OK. However, if I said that Barack Obama belongs on "Sanford & Son" in Watts that of course would be racist and cause for alarm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2011, 03:47 PM
 
Location: Gone
25,237 posts, read 13,399,338 times
Reputation: 5915
We shall see what the final outcome will be in Wis; I think it is too early to call. In the long run I think the GOP will pay at the voting polls and maybe a few before then (recalls) if they show no willingness to compromise, we are talking about a state that has a high number of union members, some of them Republicans. The problem with the new GOP is they have not learned to be subtle in their actions; in this case they are attempting to tie their union busting agenda with a new budget, which in itself garners a lot of attention. Now the GOP has backed itself into a corner that I see no solution to unless a few moderate Repubs decide to break ranks and require the removal of collective bargaining from the Bill for them to pass it. If this does not resolve the issue it may end up in the lap of the courts or the Federal Government, because even If the Dems were to return that still will not bring the teachers back to work. Still a ways to go folks should be interesting.
Casper
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2011, 04:12 PM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 15,362,768 times
Reputation: 6451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
BTW: dontchya just love the "Green Acres" in Hooterville thing? Of course that's perfectly OK. However, if I said that Barack Obama belongs on "Sanford & Son" in Watts that of course would be racist and cause for alarm.
You got that right! and that you can Bank on it!

And your right some think that they can say anthing about any other group, and it is perfectly accetable. But the minute one makes a joke about a certain group, there is cause for alarm, bells and sirens are going off, cause for alarm here, the way it has always been hasn't it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2011, 04:23 AM
 
13,513 posts, read 14,522,848 times
Reputation: 7690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Scott Walker is the lapdog of the Koch brothers. Nothing more. He's just taking orders.
Tell us who Obama is taking his orders from?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top