U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 08:34 PM

4,457 posts, read 3,599,745 times

Advertisements

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ9z4uIUBJk&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s2J6JW1yI4

What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2011, 08:43 PM

3,776 posts, read 3,783,284 times
I don't know if I would go as far as calling it brainwashing. It is inappropriate.

These are young and impressionable children. It has no business in the school system. The parents should teach children values not the school.

The far left is so against having any religion in school or Christmas or God but presenting homosexuals to elementary children is ok with them?

Homosexuality is not the norm, it is not normal. But they are trying to make these children believe it is. So in that sense I can see where you are refering to it as brainwashing.

And don't be fooled there is a difference between teaching kids to be nice to each other and not bully or demean people that are different than you. I would assume good parents teach there children to be kind and considerate to all.

Old 03-07-2011, 08:47 PM

4,457 posts, read 3,599,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
I don't know if I would go as far as calling it brainwashing. It is inappropriate.

These are young and impressionable children. It has no business in the school system. The parents should teach children values not the school.

The far left is so against having any religion in school or Christmas or God but teaching about homosexuals is OK"
Homosexuality is not the norm, it is not normal. But they are trying to make these children believe it is. So in that sense I can see where you are refering to it as brainwashing.

And don't be fooled there is a difference between teaching kids to be nice to each other and not bully or demean people that are different than you. I would assume good parents teach there children to be kind and considerate to all.
Did it seem to you that the little boy speaking of "open mindedness" was advocating "trying" homosexuality instead of understanding or did he even know at his age what he was saying?

Old 03-07-2011, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Did it seem to you that the little boy speaking of "open mindedness" was advocating "trying" homosexuality instead of understanding or did he even know at his age what he was saying?
Oh, I can't even go there.

Parents should know what the heck their children are being exposed to that is all I have to say. Parents don't take it for granted that your children are getting math and science if they are in public school

Especially if you live in a liberal mecca such as Boston, San Fran, NY etc.

Old 03-07-2011, 09:00 PM

25,165 posts, read 47,387,514 times
Fat is not normal: look at all the fat kids eating junk food. Where is the big guilt trip for that? Oh BTW guilt tripping doesn't work look at how fat everyone is.

Quote:
Oh, I can't even go there.

Parents should know what the heck their children are being exposed to that is all I have to say. Parents don't take it for granted that your children are getting math and science if they are in public school

Especially if you live in a liberal mecca such as Boston, San Fran, NY etc.

Old 03-07-2011, 09:00 PM

3,858 posts, read 5,970,765 times
It's a private school.
It costs over $20,000/year.
Parents have choice to send their kids there or not.

Cambridge Friends School (http://www.cambridgefriendsschool.org/index.htm - broken link)

Quote:
The far left is so against having any religion in school or Christmas or God but presenting homosexuals to elementary children is ok with them?
It is a religious school.

Old 03-07-2011, 09:04 PM

2,086 posts, read 2,106,395 times
Quote:

Well said .This has no place in schools.

Old 03-07-2011, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Fat is not normal: look at all the fat kids eating junk food. Where is the big guilt trip for that? Oh BTW guilt tripping doesn't work look at how fat everyone is.
You are correct. Fat is not normal.

It is unhealthy and shortens ones lifespan, and sets people up for all kinds of disease processes as well as a lower quality of life overall.

And certainly if a group of people were going into public elementary schools and "teaching" children that it is perfectly normal and fine to be fat, and it is ok to overeat and eat french fries and cake for every meal I would take issue with it.

Of course we know this is a ridiculous comparison but I am just going with your example.

Last edited by Booya; 03-07-2011 at 09:38 PM..

Old 03-07-2011, 09:19 PM

68 posts, read 94,828 times
Why is it okay to poke fun at fat people but not okay to make fun of gays? Why does everyone bend over backwards to defend the rights of gays when obese people also get treated unfairly? I think having a school assembly for gay rights is unnecessary. If we had a gay assembly at my high school I would not even attend.

Gays do not deserve their own "month" or special "day" they aren't that significant in the first place.

Old 03-07-2011, 09:20 PM

37,072 posts, read 38,424,597 times
Firstly I think this is entirely inappropriate for kids this young whether it's public or private and there should never be anything like this in a public school.

If it's a private school being private they have the option to offer programs like this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or