Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 02:25 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,037,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
So you agree with that lib method of quoting out of context? It excites me to see you admit that you do.

You might want to check the Jesse Jackson Jr. IPOD thread before you make that blanket statement.

His statement was shredded so much I'm surprised the OP's nose didn't grow a foot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

44,882 posts, read 33,129,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Yeah, and the "conservatives" like to try and compare Obama's Health Care Reform Act process to Walker's Budget Repair Bill...but Obama never tried to ram it through in six days. There was a lengthy debate over the bill. The Republicans then, like now, did not want to play ball whatsoever.
Was that lengthy debate included in the way Nasty Nancy managed to throw out her house's version and push the Senate version through the House so fast. Lengthy debate, my posterior.

14,317 posts, read 22,293,308 times
No, not an extraordinary letter, but a very forgettable one. Mr. Fitzgerald just another pompous representation of GOP lunacy and utter detachment. I applaud the Dems for taking these steps. They have exposed the utter nonsense that is the GOP in WI and alerted the nation. Their move was necessary after many voters were suckered into GOP deceptive marketing for the midterms, supporting GOP candidates who have no more business in the public eye than the unabomber.

Walker and Fitzgerald, pathetic GOP figures, but necessary in the ongoing struggle to eliminate the GOP, its influence in this country, and its outdated, ineffective, bigoted ideology.

Missing Dems and Dems in general are right and easily hold the superior position here. This stupid, simple-minded letter belongs in the trash.

Old 03-08-2011, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
No, not an extraordinary letter. Mr. Fitzgerald just another pompous representation of GOP lunacy and utter detachment. I applaud the Dems for taking these steps. They have exposed the utter nonsense that is the GOP in WI and alerted the nation. Their move was necessary after many voters were suckered into GOP deceptive marketing for the midterms, supporting GOP candidates who have no more business in the public eye than the unabomber.

Walker and Fitzgerald, pathetic GOP figures, but necessary in the ongoing struggle to eliminate the GOP, its influence in this country, and its outdated, ineffective, bigoted ideology.

Missing Dems and Dems in general are right and easily hold the superior position here. This stupid, simple-minded letter belongs in the trash.

I love it when the GOP reps walk out, it's patriotism. When the Dems do it, it's treason.

Double standard, party of several.

Old 03-08-2011, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
It's the Muslims fault,

No..wait, it's the gays fault...

No...wait, it's the teachers fault,

No...wait, it's the single parent's fault,

No...wait, it's NPR's fault,

No...wait, it's the feminists fault,

No.. wait, it's the immigrant's fault,

No...wait, it the <<insert scapegoat here>>'s fault.

You guys have to have a boogeyman, dontcha?

You might want to look at earmarks, stupid spending, and mismanagement of the Legislature and Governor's offices when you play the blame game on who got these states in the fix they're in. Not the people on the front lines.
Have you checked how many years in succession the Dems controlled the state legislature and the governor's office in Wisconsin? Maybe you should do that first chance you get.

Old 03-08-2011, 02:35 PM

Quote:
You might want to check the Jesse Jackson Jr. IPOD thread before you make that blanket statement.

His statement was shredded so much I'm surprised the OP's nose didn't grow a foot.
Ah so Pinnochio was the OP in that one. I failed to see that name there but then . . . . . . . . .

Old 03-08-2011, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
No, not an extraordinary letter, but a very forgettable one. Mr. Fitzgerald just another pompous representation of GOP lunacy and utter detachment. I applaud the Dems for taking these steps. They have exposed the utter nonsense that is the GOP in WI and alerted the nation. Their move was necessary after many voters were suckered into GOP deceptive marketing for the midterms, supporting GOP candidates who have no more business in the public eye than the unabomber.

HOLD OFF. At least wait to see if the mods delete the thread before you throw your computer in the trash.

Old 03-08-2011, 02:38 PM

Quote:
I love it when the GOP reps walk out, it's patriotism. When the Dems do it, it's treason.

Double standard, party of several.
Did the GOP Senators in Wisconsin pull that trick sometime or other? I guess the MSM forgot to report that one since I never heard about it.

Old 03-08-2011, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Have you checked how many years in succession the Dems controlled the state legislature and the governor's office in Wisconsin? Maybe you should do that first chance you get.

You might want to read the last paragraph of my post, Roy. It's reading comprehension 101. I did not mention what party was in charge, or was to blame did I?

Didn't think so.

I mentioned the Legislature and Governor's office. Now, didn;t I?

I really do think so.

Old 03-08-2011, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Did the GOP Senators in Wisconsin pull that trick sometime or other? I guess the MSM forgot to report that one since I never heard about it.

Not talking about WI, I'm talking about the GOP in Washington.

If the shoe, as it were, was on the other side of the isle, I'll bet there wouldn;t be a peep from you. I'd hear a lot of applause.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies