Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 03:27 AM

20,330 posts, read 19,921,823 times

Advertisements

"March 7, 2011

Sen. Mark Miller

Parts Unknown, IL

Dear Senator Miller,

Thank you for your hand-delivered letter with an offer to meet, in Illinois, about the business and future direction of Wisconsin.

Let’s set aside how bizarre that is for a moment.

As you know, this legislation is designed to finally balance the state budget, prevent layoffs and create jobs in the real world. There are hundreds of thousands of unemployed or underemployed Wisconsinites, and at least 1,500 more whose jobs are in the balance because of your media stunt. We all deserve better than this.

In the meantime, members of your caucus have been meeting with the governor’s staff, talking to the media, trying to find a way back to Madison, and contradicting your message in public. In case you don’t remember, you were present yourself at one of those meetings with the governor’s staff. Your grasp of reality, and control of your caucus as minority leader, continues to amaze me.

As you know, your opportunity to compromise and amend the bill was on the floor of the state Senate. As you know, you forfeited that right and opportunity when you decided to flee the state instead of doing your job.

Your stubbornness in trying to ignore the last election and protect the broken status quo is truly shameful. While we wait for you and your colleagues to finally show up, Senate Republicans continue to stand ready to do the job we were elected to do, here in Wisconsin. I hope you are enjoying your vacation, and your vacation from reality.

Sincerely,

Scott Fitzgerald

Senate Majority Leader

CC: Governor Scott Walker
".......

Best Letter Ever? Top Wis. GOP Senator Responds to Missing Dems - By Katrina Trinko - The Corner - National Review Online
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2011, 05:58 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,393,969 times
How condescending. This part is really funny:

and create jobs in the real world

Is he saying public sector employees don't have real jobs, or don't do real work? Just shows how divisive the GOP mentality really is.

Scott Fitzgerald is my state senator. I've written him twice regarding my concerns over the budget repair bill. His office never bothered to respond with even a form letter. I will personally be devoting myself to ensure he does not win re-election when his term is up.

Old 03-08-2011, 06:02 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Great letter, true as well.

The anarchy-loving democrats have been trying to nullify the results of an election, where they got their derrieres handed to them.

Old 03-08-2011, 06:03 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,616,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
How condescending. This part is really funny:

and create jobs in the real world

Is he saying public sector employees don't have real jobs, or don't do real work? Just shows how divisive the GOP mentality really is.
They're sure acting like they don't.
Quote:
Scott Fitzgerald is my state senator. I've written him twice regarding my concerns over the budget repair bill. His office never bothered to respond with even a form letter. I will personally be devoting myself to ensure he does not win re-election when his term is up.
You think the democrats have handled it appropriately? Really?

Old 03-08-2011, 06:11 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Sounds no different from some of the posts on this board, more lies, insults and whining, the things the right has become expert at.
Casper

Old 03-08-2011, 06:13 AM

I'm not excited that the Democrats are "hiding" in Illinois, but the conservatives sure are quick to forget that Walker wanted this bill passed in only SIX DAYS without any real public debate or input from the Democrats whatsoever. Winning an election doesn't mean you get to run things like a one party dictatorship.

The Democrats will have to come home soon enough, but they have shown the state and the nation the underhanded tactics of the GOP. Every day Walker's bill is exposed, it looks worse and worse.

Old 03-08-2011, 06:18 AM

Quote:
I'm not excited that the Democrats are "hiding" in Illinois, but the conservatives sure are quick to forget that Walker wanted this bill passed in only SIX DAYS without any real public debate or input from the Democrats whatsoever. Winning an election doesn't mean you get to run things like a one party dictatorship.
And we all know how national democrat leadership has done such a great job of setting an example of thoroughly debating EVERY bill? *cough * HCR * cough * stimulus * cough
Quote:

The Democrats will have to come home soon enough, but they have shown the state and the nation the underhanded tactics of the GOP. Every day Walker's bill is exposed, it looks worse and worse.
I'm sorry...but the GOP aren't the ones that are acting like spoiled brat 3 year olds that took their toys and ran when they didn't want to play nice.

Old 03-08-2011, 06:19 AM

4,458 posts, read 4,191,312 times
Quote:
I think Obama missed the memo...

Old 03-08-2011, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
I think Obama missed the memo...
Yeah, and the "conservatives" like to try and compare Obama's Health Care Reform Act process to Walker's Budget Repair Bill...but Obama never tried to ram it through in six days. There was a lengthy debate over the bill. The Republicans then, like now, did not want to play ball whatsoever.

Old 03-08-2011, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Yeah, and the "conservatives" like to try and compare Obama's Health Care Reform Act process to Walker's Budget Repair Bill...but Obama never tried to ram it through in six days. There was a lengthy debate over the bill. The Republicans then, like now, did not want to play ball whatsoever.
No....we just had Princess Nancy telling us we needed to pass it so we could see what was in it.

And they did try to ram the "stimulus" through, didn't they?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies