Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 10:11 AM

8,414 posts, read 7,409,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I was born and raised in Michigan. Believe it or not, some of us get out and about.
Same here...but I've family from Dearborn and worked in Dearborn for the past decade. The only way your view is closer than mine is if you lived in Dearborn.

So tell us all, how does your experience trump mine?

Quote:
For me it was 20 years of military service, so please...
Which is applicable to your opinion of a Detroit suburb exactly how?

Next time you wrap yourself in the American flag, try also carrying a cross with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2011, 10:51 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,074,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Actually it is muslims that have the most in common with the Westboro bunch but they take it a little farther. They hang homosexuals.
In Dearborn?

Old 03-08-2011, 11:01 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
So it's a civil right to attempt to incite a riot?

These "missionaries" went into a situation hoping to insult muslims, cause problems, pick a fight, and push an agenda. The more violence, the better for their cause.

If that's not what they were trying for, then why did they bring a camera and video tape it?

Why are there no other videos of them attempting to save souls among catholics or jews or episcopalians or buddhists or amish?

If they were really "missionaries", then they would go back to Dearborn to save souls - and this time WITHOUT the camera. Instead, they chase publicity through lawsuits. Very Westboro of them.
I expect nothing less from christers; what would their Jesus have done?
Certainly not insult those of another religion.
Hypocrisy, nothing but.

Old 03-08-2011, 11:28 AM

Quote:
and next time you want to ASSume something about someone, remember those first three letters..
so you saying there isn't a muslim problem in Dearborn? Seriously? Are you legally blind or have some other handicap? honest question, because I don't want to be as ignorant as you by ASSuming there is no handicap involved here.
Way to go RD...ignore the questions and start slathering the name-calling.

And no...there ISN'T a muslim problem in Dearborn.

In fact, why don't you tell us all what YOUR PROBLEM is with muslims in Dearborn? I've got to assume it's a really big issue, what with you being as close as 2000 miles to the city.

Old 03-08-2011, 11:38 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,387,646 times
name calling? Afraid not, but nice try.. I called you out for ASSuming something. Don't like it? Stop doing it then.

as far as me having a problem with muslims? Last I checked, San Antonio was still in the US and still had full Consitutional protection, so I don't care for that particular cult. I really don't care what you or anyone else think of my opinion either. I just don't like seeing bad things happen to a state I love and unions and the muslims are seriously hurting Michigan. Anyone with half a brain in the state knows that.

Old 03-08-2011, 12:17 PM

Quote:
name calling? Afraid not, but nice try.. I called you out for ASSuming something. Don't like it? Stop doing it then.

as far as me having a problem with muslims? Last I checked, San Antonio was still in the US and still had full Consitutional protection, so I don't care for that particular cult. I really don't care what you or anyone else think of my opinion either. I just don't like seeing bad things happen to a state I love and unions and the muslims are seriously hurting Michigan. Anyone with half a brain in the state knows that.
AAAANNNNDDD, there's RD's problem with Dearborn...Muslims exist there!

Yes, your bigotry is constitutionally protected...Congratulations, big guy!

But maybe someday you'll pull your head out of your ASSumption and get a clearer view of the situation (see how I didn't call you a name there?).

Old 03-08-2011, 01:27 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,387,646 times
so you support cults? I can believe that one.. islam is no different from any of the other crazy cults out there and yes, I consider all other religions cults. But I'm sure you're ASSumptions of me already had me labeled as an inbred redneck that attended church every day of the week...

Old 03-08-2011, 01:58 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,074,302 times
Quote:
so you support cults?
I do. But only the polytheistic ones.

Old 03-08-2011, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
I do. But only the polytheistic ones.
Really?

I'm looking for a new cult to support. Have you found any good ones that you'd like to share with us?

Old 03-08-2011, 03:48 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,844,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The Thomas More Law Center (TMLC) announced today that the City of Dearborn, its Mayor, John B. O’Reilly, its Chief of Police, Ronald Haddad, 17 City police officers, and two executives of the American Arab Chamber of Commerce were named as defendants in a ninety-six page federal civil rights lawsuit filed in the Federal District Court in Detroit this morning.

Thomas More Law Center - News (http://www.thomasmore.org/qry/page.taf?id=19 - broken link)

After dumping all over the rights of these innocent missionaries, I can't wait to see what these Bozos have to say for themselves.

From the linked article:

Richard Thompson, TMLC President and Chief Counsel, commented, “Muslims dominate the political and law enforcement process in Dearborn. It seems that police were more interested in placating the Mayor and Muslims than obeying our Constitution. Sharia law makes it a crime to preach the Gospel to Muslims. This is a classic example of stealth Jihad being waged right here in America. And it should be a wake-up call for all patriotic Americans.”

And yet every year there are Christian groups and ministers participating in the Arab (not Muslim) festival without any problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies