Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 08:55 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
At what point did it become by job to educate you? If you don't see the correlation then try reading a book or 2.
Maybe you should just admit that you cannot explain something that has no relationship to the other. I suppose I'd have to "educate" you on the lack of similarity between the two incidences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2011, 08:57 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,851,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Maybe you should just admit that you cannot explain something that has no relationship to the other. I suppose I'd have to "educate" you on the lack of similarity between the two incidences.
Both situations involve conversations that were recorded without one party knowing, both situations involve people claiming to be someone they aren't in order to get the conversation moving. Both situations involve one side saying things that can easily be seen as derogatory towards the other side which is the main reason people care about these recordings in the first place.

Do I need to school you more or is that enough for now?

Old 03-08-2011, 09:00 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
I think NPR is a good thing...as long as its not funded by the taxpayer

Old 03-08-2011, 09:02 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Unrealistic claims need to be challenged by journalists. If you claim something, why must you complain about having to back up your claims? I'd in fact enjoy being challenged for my opinions. Only those who are weak want to run and hide.
I think you misunderstood me. I said NPR's hosts did a good job when interviewing conservatives and republicans, but the same professional journalistic practices cease when the guest or caller is a liberal or a democrat.

Old 03-08-2011, 09:02 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Both situations involve conversations that were recorded without one party knowing, both situations involve people claiming to be someone they aren't in order to get the conversation moving. Both situations involve one side saying things that can easily be seen as derogatory towards the other side which is the main reason people care about these recordings in the first place.

Do I need to school you more or is that enough for now?
First of all who/what are the "sides?" Secondly, did the NPR reporter admit to consideration of planting "trouble makers" somewhere? Does the NPR reporter hold a public office? Does the NPR reporter talk about a scheme whereby he can trick a group of people to come together under false pretenses? Does the NPR reporter admit that he will not budge or compromise on his opinion?

Old 03-08-2011, 09:04 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Ever notice those that say NPR is biased are the ones who don't watch it?
how does one 'watch' radio programming?

Old 03-08-2011, 09:05 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
I think NPR is a good thing...as long as its not funded by the taxpayer
I am thinking that the release of this video will bring in enormous donations to NPR making funding by the government no longer needed. I agree, NPR should be the voice of the people, without government involvement.

Old 03-08-2011, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
First of all who/what are the "sides?" Secondly, did the NPR reporter admit to consideration of planting "trouble makers" somewhere? Does the NPR reporter hold a public office? Does the NPR reporter talk about a scheme whereby he can trick a group of people to come together under false pretenses? Does the NPR reporter admit that he will not budge or compromise on his opinion?
I didn't say the 2 situations were exactly the same, I figured you guys might be smart enough to comprehend what I said. I gave a number of clear correlations and you ignore them, I'm shocked.

Old 03-08-2011, 09:08 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Thanks for the video Sanrene!

After watching it, I am more than ever convinced that NPR is unbiased in their reporting. America is about diversity. Too bad the same cannot be said about Fox News.
ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, CNN, CNBC

and

FOX News

One stands alone, so go watch any of the other six left leaning networks, its a free country.

Old 03-08-2011, 09:08 AM

Quote:
I am thinking that the release of this video will bring in enormous donations to NPR making funding by the government no longer needed. I agree, NPR should be the voice of the people, without government involvement.
I couldn't agree more, defund NPR and let liberals fund their media outlet if they want to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies