Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2011, 04:59 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,341,612 times

Advertisements

Big deal! These people get lots of death threats. CFOS is running rampant!

Old 03-10-2011, 05:01 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,311,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Yea...cause repubs never jump to conclusions...like obama..saying "the cop acted stupid.".....ah man...nope he is a dem....

Or how about...."no lets not jump to conclusions", because a guy guy yelled Alh Akbar and killed several Soldiers and wounded more....Nope the obama is still the pres....and this was a person in the military....

Yea...the repubs are really doing what the dems are doing....
If only this post made sense I might be able to respond to it in full. All I can say is, the military guy who killed the soldiers was mentally ill. Which illustrates why you can only *speculate* that somebody is Muslim extremist based on his usage of "Allah Akbar", but you still have to investigate the situation to get to the final truth.

Old 03-10-2011, 05:07 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Ugh. I don't even have a response. I think I had you on ignore before, let me go ahead and add you back to my list.

Wonderful....while your at it, make sure you get that information you've added up by using your math 2 and 2, to the local authorities, they should be able to locate the email author in no time.

Old 03-10-2011, 05:12 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,207,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
If only this post made sense I might be able to respond to it in full. All I can say is, the military guy who killed the soldiers was mentally ill. Which illustrates why you can only *speculate* that somebody is Muslim extremist based on his usage of "Allah Akbar", but you still have to investigate the situation to get to the final truth.
As far as I'm concerned ANYONE who kills in cold blood (or sends death threats) is "mentally ill" but that doesn't mean they have a diagnosable psychosis. If Col. Hassan has been diagnosed as psychotic, I haven't heard about it.

Old 03-10-2011, 05:12 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
‘YOU WILL DIE!!!!’: Read the Shocking E-Mail Sent to Wis. GOP Senators | The Blaze

Oh boy, the left is about to start going on a rampage and start killing people. This thread should get intersting.
Sounds like Alec Baldwin to me:

"I am thinking to myself in other countries they are laughing at us twenty four hours a day and I’m thinking to myself if we were in other countries, we would all right now, all of us together, [starts to shout] all of us together would go down to Washington and we would stone Henry Hyde to death! We would stone him to death! [crowd cheers] Wait! Shut up! Shut up! No shut up! I’m not finished. We would stone Henry Hyde to death and we would go to their homes and we’d kill their wives and their children. We would kill their families. [stands up screaming] What is happening in this country? What is happening? UGHHH UGHHH!!!!"

Old 03-10-2011, 05:18 PM

5,984 posts, read 13,415,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightAttendant View Post
Oh for heavens sakes, people. It doesn't matter to me WHO sent those death threats. Whoever it was is despicable. Does everything have to boil down to politics?

Fact of the matter is, to me..no matter how infuriating it is for the majority party to pass something you don't like(and it happens on BOTH sides of the political parties), it does not give anyone the right to threaten the lives of others and their families. Stop behaving like lunatics.
Finally a reasonable post.

Old 03-10-2011, 05:26 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,207,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
No.

I see a nonrandom selection of partial anecdotes designed to make a certain political point. The official name for that is "propaganda."

In every one of your cited instances there were people cautioning others to not leap to conclusions. And in every one of them, people were leaping to conclusions anyway.

Often the conclusions are correct. Sometimes they are not.

That's why you shouldn't make "hasty conclusions."

THIS was my point:

Quote:
Now when WI Republican legislators are sent DEATH THREATS, the President is silent, the national news is silent
In those other instances I cited, both local and national figures were out there immediately, cautioning the public "not to jump to conclusions".

Who, in a national office, is telling us in this instance not to "jump to any conclusions"? No one. There isn't even any mention of it anywhere except on Fox News and then only briefly. The silence is deafening.

Old 03-10-2011, 05:30 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEzxR...eature=related

Don't jump....

Old 03-10-2011, 07:28 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Actually... the weird thing there is it was actually months before the shooting. Gabriel Gifford's herself complained about Sarah Palin's graphic potentially inciting violence before she was ever even shot.

Go figure?
You should answer the question I was quoting...

If you would do that you would get the entire scope of what I was saying..

Not what you want people to believe....But I guess you get that from your obama buddy....

You really went with a spelling mistake....this is how low you will go....

O.K., I underlined your mistake in your own post....you have FAILED....

Old 03-10-2011, 07:56 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,456,964 times
Oh geez, this is just another one of those "tempests in a teapot" (appropriately enough) from the same 'ol bunch of right wing "morans" (gotta luv that tea bagger word)! They got stung by the Gifford shootings, even from their own side, and now they're desperately seeking to shift the blame, every way they can. Any sane person would reject the violence, regardless whether it's Right or Left. And if these wackos were sincere, all they gotta do is say the same. But no-o-o-o, they'd rather milk this to serve their own childish agenda.

BTW, speaking just personally, I live in an extremely conservative rural area (lotsa Fundamentalism, "Nobama" and Palin stickers, etc.). And I used to think that the Tea Baggers were just a small but still substantial number. Recently I was surprised to discover that even around here, their gatherings actually have a pathetically small turnout, with most of those being the "usual suspects", "characters", and local "odd fellows". And ironically, nearly all of them are well-known around this relatively small town for being on the "dole" in some way (Disability, Unemployment, SSI, Food Stamps, Social Security, etc.).... so that's how they find the time for all this nonsense!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies