Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 07:42 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,591,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Hmm, anyone who write such frankly anti-social would have to be a single person with no kids and little family. If so, kudos for being out on that radical edge, prepared to defend yourself and pay for all your own needs.

But if you have kids and care about their and America's future... you need to realize how they would be F'd.
lol or maybe rcccb has a crazy rich uncle or simply doesn't know s--t from shinola. if he wants ss cut, i guess all those ss taxes he paid over the years is simply charity and therefore never to be claimed if God forbid he finds himself disabled. ss and disability are administered by the same government entity - the ssa! i think it's really stupid to shout for cuts to ss. if rcccb ever finds himself unable to work, trust me his tune will be verrrry different (unless he's got eccentric rich kinfolk with a heart of gold)

Last edited by grimace8; 03-10-2011 at 07:52 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2011, 07:47 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,629,228 times
Democrat leaders admit they are concerned about losing campaign money, the only real reason they support unions anyway.

Old 03-10-2011, 07:50 PM

513 posts, read 580,863 times
If Democrats had their way in this country, they would make it illegal to vote against them. We'd still have elections, but the only choice on the ballot would be D. Basically like Cuba.

Old 03-10-2011, 08:37 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,438,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post

Democrat leaders admit they are concerned about losing campaign money, the only real reason they support unions anyway.
We're not worried in the least about losing campaign money. Trust us, we will out fund-raise you. And we will beat you. Handily. Take it to the bank.

Old 03-10-2011, 08:41 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,946,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
O-M-G! I didn't know about the state parks! I had heard that he steeply increased his budget.
Pretty sick right?? Check out the thread on the Fl forum I started to discuss this issue:State Parks to become Jack Nicklaus Golf Courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Yes, Rick Scott, the guy that got rich on Medicare fraud.

Albert Matheny, a professor of political science at UF, said in an e-mail interview that cutting education spending takes away residents’ abilities to think and work their way out of the country’s economic crisis.

“It’s very clear to me that defunding education is all about attempting to create a docile and desperate workforce, willing to work harder and harder for less and less,†he said. “What Gov. Scott is seeking, in the end, is to turn Florida into a Third World state with a desperately poor, frightened and undereducated working population and a wealthy elite.â€

Scott cuts education budget $3.3 billion - The Independent Florida Alligator: Campus
Yeah the states budget gap will be filled by the cuts to education alone if RS gets his way, makes me wanna throw something.

Old 03-10-2011, 08:41 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,947,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
We're not worried in the least about losing campaign money. Trust us, we will out fund-raise you. And we will beat you. Handily. Take it to the bank.
Internet Millionaires UNITE!!!

Old 03-10-2011, 09:23 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,591,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Internet Millionaires UNITE!!!
on-paper millionaires?

Old 03-10-2011, 09:31 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,438,931 times
I love the Fark headline: "Wisconsin Assembly passes "Democrat Get Out The Vote Act" of 2011"

Old 03-10-2011, 10:08 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,661,538 times
This is the pure tea party politics we should have expected as Democrats. Never mind the wonks in DC, it's the one's who have regional control like the Governors that will change the face of the nation. We have alot of it in Arizona right now. If there's any good with it hitting the midwest and perhaps the east is this will galvanize the people to take notice and become involved. Right now, the far right, fascist contingent has the momentum. We centrists and democrats need to wake up to what's happening. One of the tenents of fascism is to create divisions within the society. Well there's plenty of division. For example here are some enemies that are looting the system.

Food stamp recipients
SSI recipients
Welfare recipients
Unions
Unemployed
Single mothers
Education
Medicaid Recipients
Medicare recipients
To name a few. And the logic is.........."It's all about the money. ********* all, you've just dropped down to the second page on the priority list." But I'm confident that as long as the constitution and our institutions remain intact, the people and justice will prevail. The Scott/Walker crowd has overplayed their hand.

Last edited by mohawkx; 03-10-2011 at 10:17 PM..

Old 03-10-2011, 10:17 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
This is too funny! Even the Wisconsin farmers support collective bargaining!

After Tumultuous Day, Wisconsin Farmers Plan A Tractorcade : The Two-Way : NPR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies