Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 09:05 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,535,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Funk View Post
sanrene !!! ... Three Thumbs Up For You !

As usual you are spot on in your commentary regarding "The Pitiful ONE"... and the incredible lack of any apparent logic or leadership forthcoming from this little ole cabbage WH inhabitant !!! ARRRRRRGH !

The American folks deserve so bloody much better than this blighter !!!

Ta / Not So Old Sgt. Lamar

Maybe both you and the OP should volunteer to travel to the Middle East to liberate these people. . Contribute a couple pints of YOUR BLOOD. Sale your home, cash out your 401K and any other investments you own and contribute it to the cause. The U.S is BROKE . U.S Military is stretched
What part of that do you two not get?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2011, 09:05 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,126,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
The Italians don't want to know. Its the French and the Brits who are making the most noise but they don't have the carriers and their land bases are probably too far away to be really effective.
Are you telling me it is harder for them to conduct operations in their own back yard than it is for us to do it from across the planet?

Pffft.

Who cares, let them handle it. I don't care if it is inconvenient for them.

Old 03-11-2011, 09:07 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,388,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
We have no leadership. The UN is a useless waste of taxpayer money. What good are they? Genocides, democracy protesters slaughtered in the streets and this "world body" does nothing.

Barack Obama's Libya straitjacket

Yes, talk, talk, talk, empty words, meaningless blather from the fearless one.

Disgusting, shameful.

He makes his declarations and then...nothing, as France and the UK take the leadership on this crisis.

Gaddafi takes key towns as Nato squabbles over Libya action | World news | The Guardian

U.S. sends mixed signals on U.N. backing for Libya no-fly zone - CNN.com

A timid American response | Philadelphia Inquirer | 03/08/2011 (http://www.philly.com/philly/opinion/117567613.html - broken link)

That is his usual SOP - wait and see, then try and get on the winning side so it helps him politically. After all, it's always all about obama.
What's this. A Republican arguing that we should go into yet another underdeveloped Muslim country...I guess the definition of madness is indeed trying the same thing over and over again expecting a different result.

Old 03-11-2011, 09:10 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,914,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Are you telling me it is harder for them to conduct operations in their own back yard than it is for us to do it from across the planet?

Pffft.

Who cares, let them handle it. I don't care if it is inconvenient for them.
Actually, their nearest air bases are too far away to be really effective. Only the Italians are close and they don't want to know. Truth is, the Brits and the French want us to do it because we have the carriers and, that way, we do the hard work, our people get killed and they can then reap the commercial advantage. Its very transparent. I am surprised the OP doesn't get it.

Old 03-11-2011, 09:29 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
You keep going on about what it LOOKS like - to you - as if that is some kind of objective criteria.

Let's see some legitimate, pointed criticism of what he is doing and why it is wrong.

Saying it "looks bad to you" isn't much of an argument, and smells more like a mere inclination to bash Obama.
It's not up to me, it's up to the president to tell us what his foreign policy is. Does he insert himself in the politics of foreign governments, or is he hands off, choosing instead to allow the government and people to decide for themselves?

In Iran, 0bama was silent when protesters objected to the election results, even when they were being shot and killed. In Honduras, 0bama jumped in with both feet the very next day, making demands on how that the government must conduct itself.

Since there is no clear policy with 0bama, i have to assume what I think is going on

Old 03-11-2011, 09:29 AM

3,857 posts, read 6,954,972 times
The silence is deafening. What do the Obama bashers propose the US do?

Old 03-11-2011, 09:30 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
The silence is deafening. What do the Obama bashers propose the US do?

Old 03-11-2011, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
It's not up to me, it's up to the president to tell us what his foreign policy is. Does he insert himself in the politics of foreign governments, or is he hands off, choosing instead to allow the government and people to decide for themselves?

In Iran, 0bama was silent when protesters objected to the election results, even when they were being shot and killed. In Honduras, 0bama jumped in with both feet the very next day, making demands on how that the government must conduct itself.

Since there is no clear policy with 0bama, i have to assume what I think is going on
AGAIN, please do tell us what you think Obama should be doing right now.

As for your second sentence above, don't you think it would depend on the specific facts and circumstances? As others have pointed out in this thread already, Libya is not Egypt.

I'm glad we have a President that seems to make decisions based on facts and logic and the current circumstances in a country, rather than under some vague ideological agenda.

Old 03-11-2011, 09:33 AM

And the policy is perfectly clear to me.

Don't intervene and inflame the situation unless we absolutely have to.

What so hard to understand about that?

Do you have some access to intelligence that Obama doesn't?

Old 03-11-2011, 09:33 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Again I ask, where the hell will the money come from?
Thats like someone who is unemployed and bankrupt deciding they want to jump in their car and ride from New Jersey to Las Vegas on a empty gas tank, no money in the bank and maxed out credit cards.

Borrow it from China, I suppose. Jeez. The cost in blood is much more expensive than money, and people want us to put "boots on the ground" in yet another futile attempt at a regime change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies