Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 08:51 PM

1,816 posts, read 3,390,639 times

Advertisements

All this talk about Obama, communism, being president of another country, etc. made me think of this poster I found.

Please forgive me Mr. President.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2011, 08:58 PM

4,156 posts, read 4,173,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
If you don't HATE Communism, then you're not an American. You're merely someone who lives in America.
What is your reason to hate communism? Did they kill your family or something? I doubt they did any harm to you.

For those of you who have studied history (not the BS that taught in public school), you know the reason is not because they are a dictators, it is because USSR is viewed as a threat. And USSR is a communism party.

The military–industrial complex did not want the profit to stop so they put on this war. Politicians from other countries who need the US help just mentions their enemy is communism, and US will be there.

Old 03-13-2011, 09:04 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
Excuse me?!?!? When did Americans hate communism? I'm an American and I don't hate communism. Is the "hate" you refer to like the Republicans "hate" the Democrats?
When haven't Americans hated communists?

We just had a 50 year cold war against the evils of communism.

Or didn't they teach you that?

Old 03-13-2011, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazoopilot View Post
The cold war was over 20 years ago.

I don't hate communism either, and I'm an American. I don't agree with everything it teaches, but I certainly don't "hate" it.
Of course you don't.

Old 03-13-2011, 09:10 PM

Quote:
What is your reason to hate communism? Did they kill your family or something? I doubt they did any harm to you.

For those of you who have studied history (not the BS that taught in public school), you know the reason is not because they are a dictators, it is because USSR is viewed as a threat. And USSR is a communism party.

The military–industrial complex did not want the profit to stop so they put on this war. Politicians from other countries who need the US help just mentions their enemy is communism, and US will be there.
Nah.

We Americans hate commies because they are evil.

Old 03-13-2011, 09:19 PM

5,984 posts, read 13,411,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
If you don't HATE Communism, then you're not an American. You're merely someone who lives in America.
I'm an American because I was born here. The Constitution gives me the right to believe what I want from a political standpoint.

There are very few things I HATE, and communism is not one of them.

Old 03-13-2011, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Nah.

We Americans hate commies because they are evil.

So, every person who believes in a communist economic system, is, in your words, evil. Wow. How do you know this? Unless you are God, you can't examine the hearts of everyone, so you can't make that statement.

I don't hate anyone. I can separate my dislike of an ideology from the person who holds it.

Old 03-13-2011, 09:22 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,256,089 times
Quote:
Here's mine: took all of my great-grandfather's land from him. Worth enough then and worth millions today. We'd like it back...they won't give it back. Even though the country is no longer communist.

Quote:
No, it's the entire premise of communism that is a threat.

Quote:
Which war would that be?

Old 03-13-2011, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
When haven't Americans hated communists?

We just had a 50 year cold war against the evils of communism.

Or didn't they teach you that?
We had a 50-year cold war with another superpower nation, the USSR. The USSR ≠ communism, anymore than Hong Kong = capitalism. How do you wage war on an ideology? You can't, at least not without some really repressive measures.

Old 03-13-2011, 09:25 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,256,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazoopilot View Post
So, every person who believes in a communist economic system, is, in your words, evil. Wow. How do you know this? Unless you are God, you can't examine the hearts of everyone, so you can't make that statement.
So what are they? Lazy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies