Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 10:10 PM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
What does not paying your property taxes have to do with your assertion of "force" being used by the unions to threaten people of losing their homes?
Much of the public employee union members' salaries and benefits is paid for by property tax revenue. If you can't/don't pay your property tax, your property (home) is seized by the tax collector to pay for the delinquency. You lose your home.

Did you not know that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2011, 07:11 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Oh my. How tolerant the thug unions are of people with differing views. Seems they are continuing to threaten business to get in lock step with them.

This is what democracy looks like...to the union thugs and their supporters;

Union leaders threaten boycott of M&I Bank; pro-union consumers also boycott Sendik's - WITI (http://www.fox6now.com/news/politics/witi-20110314-union-extortions,0,4169337.story - broken link)

Quote:
Some union leaders demanding a Milwaukee company oppose Governor Walker's plan to eliminate collective bargaining or else.

For its part, M&I Bank issued a statement saying the bank has not contributed to any candidate, and did not contribute to Governor Walker or Mayor Tom Barrett in the last gubernatorial election.

It says its employees contributed to both candidates in the last election, and they have the right to contribute to whomever they choose.
I encourage the thugs to keep this kind of behavior up. Apparently, they have no idea how bad they look.

Old 03-15-2011, 11:43 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
Never in my 37 years as a union member did one penny of my union dues go to politicians.........more corporate propaganda
Yeah right. Where did they get the money to send to the politicians? YOUR DUES! Don't lie, I'm in a union too and I know how it works.

Old 03-15-2011, 11:54 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Yeah right. Where did they get the money to send to the politicians? YOUR DUES! Don't lie, I'm in a union too and I know how it works.
Union dues by law cannot be used for political donations in most state. Funds for political causes must be collected separately and is voluntary. Unions have their own PAC campaigns via these volunteer donations and that money can't even share the same bank account as union dues collected. It's been that way by law in most states for quite awhile now. If you are getting PAC money taken out of your check, you must have signed a pledge card at one point in time. You can revoke that pledge any time you want.

Old 03-15-2011, 01:38 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Union dues by law cannot be used for political donations in most state. Funds for political causes must be collected separately and is voluntary. Unions have their own PAC campaigns via these volunteer donations and that money can't even share the same bank account as union dues collected. It's been that way by law in most states for quite awhile now. If you are getting PAC money taken out of your check, you must have signed a pledge card at one point in time. You can revoke that pledge any time you want.
We don't have PAC cards in my union. The union leadership makes all of the donations with OUR dues.

Old 03-15-2011, 02:23 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
IMO, it's foolish to describe protests and boycotts as "temper tantrums" and is insulting to ALL the citizens of this country to do so. These types of PEACEFUL political actions are the ultimate in adult behavior. Name calling, not so much.

Again with the labelling and name calling in your post, "greedy selfish spoiled brats." IMO, that type of argument using such labelling is not in fact childish but rather a very specific type of propaganda to try to invalidate the serious peaceful demonstration of our rights in this country to resist what we see as an injustice........it's an effort to belittle people who disagree with the actions of goverment and therefore to undermine our right to do so. An interesting aspect of scapegoating.

Hallmarks of peaceful political actions:
nothing gets destroyed
no one gets death threats
people/businesses don’t get bullied….

In WI, the state capital has suffered multi-million dollar damage by the union protesters
The Governor has received multiple death threats. The rest of the republicans have received very scary death threats
Businesses have in fact been told they will be boycotted and protested for exercising their most fundamental first amendment right. That of freedom of political speech that is in keeping with their own convictions.

On every level, the Public Union protesters fail the “peaceful test”

Teachers should not fail tests.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies