Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 08:15 PM

56 posts, read 28,597 times

Advertisements

I read an article that say wash your hands after hanhling your pets. IF older your inmune system could let you down and no kissing, you can get worms, ring worm, ticks and fleas. I always worry about my Rottie chowing down ....on me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2011, 08:22 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,301,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logeyewill View Post
I read an article that say wash your hands after hanhling your pets. IF older your inmune system could let you down and no kissing, you can get worms, ring worm, ticks and fleas. I always worry about my Rottie chowing down ....on me
What is the question?

Old 03-11-2011, 08:22 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,442,152 times
Quote:
I do not know where you got your information, but it is not accurate. Yes, dogs do carry germs. Just like humans. However, the overwhelming majority of those germs are species specific. Just like humans. Except in very rare circumstances, humans are not going to infect dogs, and dogs are not going to infect humans.

If your dog has worms, tics, or fleas then you are not taking proper care of your dog. If your dog is in good health, then you have nothing to fear. Fortunately, I live in the only state in the US that does not have worms, tics, or fleas. Alaska is a doggy paradise!

Old 03-11-2011, 08:32 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times
Quote:
Use Revolution.

Old 03-11-2011, 08:36 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
I don't think dog worms live long in humans, worms are adapted to different species as hosts. Fleas don't like humans much but you don't have to let your dog or cat have all those diseases and parasites, take better care of the pet.

When you think about it, you're better off around animals because you can get more diseases from humans.

Old 03-11-2011, 08:41 PM

7,786 posts, read 8,024,746 times
throw that article away and enjoy your pet. second hand smoke from a bar 200 miles away would have killed you by now if you believe everything you read

Old 03-11-2011, 08:49 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
Its like having kids except they are not as exposed as kids at school or you at work.Your proably more risk to them really.But their efect n being pack aniamal can be good for you also i that they accept you for what you are ;one of the pack and often the leader.

Old 03-11-2011, 08:56 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,810,585 times
Well, when you consider the stuff dogs and cats will find and eat, play with, or "gift" to you, it's a good idea to wash, whether it be your face or your bedding.

Old 03-11-2011, 08:57 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,572,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I don't think dog worms live long in humans, worms are adapted to different species as hosts. Fleas don't like humans much but you don't have to let your dog or cat have all those diseases and parasites, take better care of the pet.

When you think about it, you're better off around animals because you can get more diseases from humans.
Dog worms are a very real and serious problem if people get them. They can in a worst case kill you. That having been said, I don't worry about my dogs and worms because I make sure they don't have them. It's easy for them to get worms though since they are transmitted by dog poop and you know how dogs like checking that out. Gross critters!!!

Old 03-11-2011, 09:06 PM

56 posts, read 28,597 times
Default That is a good answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
I do not know where you got your information, but it is not accurate. Yes, dogs do carry germs. Just like humans. However, the overwhelming majority of those germs are species specific. Just like humans. Except in very rare circumstances, humans are not going to infect dogs, and dogs are not going to infect humans.

If your dog has worms, tics, or fleas then you are not taking proper care of your dog. If your dog is in good health, then you have nothing to fear. Fortunately, I live in the only state in the US that does not have worms, tics, or fleas. Alaska is a doggy paradise!
.............if the dog is in good health..OK thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies