U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 09:16 AM

1,123 posts, read 261,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
No, I'm not deflecting. The US does everything that we condemn others for. I just point it out. You did say that kids were killed, as if they were more important than anyone else. I will always dispute that claim. BTW, that the children are more important is exactly what you said. When the US stops committing atrocities, then we get to complain about the horrors of others doing it as if they're somehow worse.Recently, the US/NATO forces killed kids in Afghanistan.Didn't hear you chime in then about the horrors.
I am prevented from personal statements, so I cannot describe what you are in proper terms, but I will put it this way: are facts, context and history of any relevance to you, or do you just prefer to stick to an agenda of complete idiocy, without consideration of any of those 3?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2011, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Don't let the thread hit you on the way out.
Don't worry, there's plenty of us remaining happy enough to educate the clueless as necessary.

Old 03-13-2011, 12:57 PM

10,009 posts, read 5,010,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterpetron View Post
This statement is totally inaccurate.
BBC NEWS | Middle East | Guide: Christians in the Middle East

As I said you should read more.

Old 03-13-2011, 01:03 PM

6,521 posts, read 4,425,319 times
I don't understand why we let the tribal battles of people thousands of miles away become left/right political fodder in the US?

Old 03-13-2011, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricGold View Post
Link

If your reaction is anything but pure outrage and sickness then you need help.

The op called them the "worse then animals".....and then you responded by saying that "mindset" of thinking your enemies are "worse then animals" leads to stuff like this....are you suggesting that the op is in the same category as these child killing monsters...no, lower then that...waste of matter?....

they are worse then animals for this....deal with it and stop trying to be all pseudo-intellectual about it with this half-ass analysis of yours..

"have the mindset that your enemies are 'worse then animals' this is what you get"

and why are you trying to find something "rational" about this?...again the Link, there was no "mindset"...this was mindless...it takes a special kind of "thinking" to see anything "mindful" about this and for that I feel for you....

RandomStudent....take your ass back to school...like, right now..
Let me spell it out for you, there are those in Palestine that think the Israelis are worse then animals, so they do that. There are those in Israel that feel like you do and they commit attrocities in Lebanon and Palestine which you can find ample evidence of in a google image search.

Simply put if you think your enemies are worse then animals then its easier to to inhuman things to them.\

Oh and doing ad hominim attacks based on a user's handle essentially means you have no good response and are admitting defeat.

Last edited by Randomstudent; 03-13-2011 at 01:18 PM..

Old 03-13-2011, 01:28 PM

155 posts, read 38,127 times
This is wrong and sick but something tells me some conservatives around here are gonna use this to justify the IDF killing children.

Both sides are nothing more than sick thugs in a power struggle.

I say we keep our tax dollars out of Israel.

Old 03-13-2011, 01:32 PM

8,567 posts, read 5,213,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
And what did the palestinians do? Why, they celebrated by handing out candy and sweets!

These people are worse than animals.

Gaza celebrates; Fayyad condemns terror attack - Israel News, Ynetnews
I don't know if any of the other pages in the thread have a link to the video of the carnage so I'll give one I found from Pajamas Media...

Video of Friday’s slaying of Jews by Palestinians banned by YouTube and Facebook

Old 03-13-2011, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Relations between Palestinian Christians and Muslims have historically been reasonably peaceful they still are. There is definitely persecution, but Christians are not being routinely exterminated.
As I said, this statement is nonsense, and my experience with this situation predates your lifespan, by a wide margin in all liklihood:

Palestinian Christian activist stabbed to death in Gaza - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News

Palestinian Christian activist stabbed to death in Gaza

The Beleaguered Christians in Bethlehem :: Hudson New York

"Christian families have long been complaining of intimidation and land theft by Muslims, especially those working for the Palestinian Authority.Many Christians in Bethlehem and the nearby [Christian] towns of Bet Sahour and Bet Jalla have repeatedly complained that Muslims have been seizing their lands either by force or through forged documents.Moreover, several Christian women living in these areas have complained about verbal and sexual assaults by Muslim men.Over the past few years, a number of Christian businessmen told me that they were forced to shut down their businesses because they could no longer afford to pay "protection" money to local Muslim gangs.

Gaza Christians Face Hamas Threats - Inside Israel - CBN News - Christian News 24-7 - CBN.com

Gaza Christians Face Hamas Threats

By Julie Stahl
CBN News Jerusalem Bureau
Friday, January 01, 2010

"The tiny Palestinian Christian community in the Gaza Strip remains under intense persecution, according to a Canadian human rights group."

======================================

Next time you suggest someone else should conduct research, look in the mirror.

Old 03-13-2011, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Perhaps you should read your own link:

"But Christian communities across the region are declining in numbers because of a combination of low birth rates, emigration and, in some places, persecution."

====================

Interesting how the numbers of christians within greenline israel are growing, but are shrinking in every arab muslim nation...wow....

Old 03-13-2011, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterpetron View Post
As I said, this statement is nonsense, and my experience with this situation predates your lifespan, by a wide margin in all liklihood:

Palestinian Christian activist stabbed to death in Gaza - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News

Palestinian Christian activist stabbed to death in Gaza

The Beleaguered Christians in Bethlehem :: Hudson New York

"Christian families have long been complaining of intimidation and land theft by Muslims, especially those working for the Palestinian Authority.Many Christians in Bethlehem and the nearby [Christian] towns of Bet Sahour and Bet Jalla have repeatedly complained that Muslims have been seizing their lands either by force or through forged documents.Moreover, several Christian women living in these areas have complained about verbal and sexual assaults by Muslim men.Over the past few years, a number of Christian businessmen told me that they were forced to shut down their businesses because they could no longer afford to pay "protection" money to local Muslim gangs.

Gaza Christians Face Hamas Threats - Inside Israel - CBN News - Christian News 24-7 - CBN.com

Gaza Christians Face Hamas Threats

By Julie Stahl
CBN News Jerusalem Bureau
Friday, January 01, 2010

"The tiny Palestinian Christian community in the Gaza Strip remains under intense persecution, according to a Canadian human rights group."

======================================

Next time you suggest someone else should conduct research, look in the mirror.
Next time you should read my post. Historically relations have been peaceful that is changing now in Gaza, but not as much in the West Bank. As I said there is discrimination, but there is no organized extermination of Palestinian Christians by Palestinian Muslims.

You are cutting out parts of my quotes out and creating strawmen to argue against.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies