Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2011, 10:12 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Hmmmm.......my definition of a heartless person.....someone who lacks the empathy to even try to understand what a woman who has been raped has been through.
Is she waiting into her fourth month to get an abortion? Or did you edit out that part, like the way you seem to rewrite all the posts before you respond to them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2011, 10:14 AM

1,759 posts, read 2,029,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
At a certain point in a pregnancy, a transvaginal ultrasound must be done instead of the external, "jelly on the belly" type.
Completely untrue.
This does not happen in the vast majority of pregnancies.
In fact, the only time I had that during my 3 pregnancies was after one miscarried.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:17 AM

13,422 posts, read 9,950,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
You are ignoring the possibility that the child WILL be loved and cared for. I had an unplanned pregnancy when I was 20. Twenty years later, that birth was the greatest event of my life. I didn't plan it, the whole thing terrified me. But, it caused me to quit drinking, quit drugs, quit smoking and get a job and basically, a life. And I didn't get pregnant again until I was ready, 8 yrs later.

I know, I know...mine is not a typical situation, but there is a man going to college right now who is very happy I made that decision. I guarantee you there are other girls out there right now that would make the same decision if they do hear that heartbeat, or see a picture of fingers and toes and that silly little nub of a nose. Girls that will make wonderful mothers even in the worst of circumstances.

My point is this: not ALL unplanned pregnancies result in an unloved child.
I applaud you, and sure there will be some instances like yours. If they were all to turn out that way, then there wouldn't be an issue. (Apart from the whole government intrusion thing).

As for the bold - I didn't say unplanned pregnancy, I said unwanted fetuses - not all unplanned pregnancies are unwanted.

But until the people who want to push this on pregnant women can guarantee that these kids will not have a life of abuse and neglect, then I still say stay out of it.

Unless you are willing to put your money and your time where your mouth is and not only save fetuses from extinction but also the resulting child from misery, then stay out of it.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:18 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,228,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Actually it is sucking in amniotic fluid. Last time I checked, there is no "air" in the womb.

So you don't believe brain waves and a functional circulatory system equate to life? Hmmm. I'd hate to see how you'd treat one of your dying parents in the hospital after a catastrophic incident.
Last I checked a full grown adult in a hospital under Intensive Care =/= a fetus inside a females body. So...what was the point of your question, again? However, I'll entertain your thought process and answer your question.

Simple. I'd pull the plug. Did so to my dad after he was put into a coma after being hit by a drunk driver saving the life of someone else.

Again, take your right-wing, closeminded, republican, conservative agenda elsewhere.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:20 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
That is a bit much.
Really, are you uncomfortable just hearing about it? How would you feel if you were forced to have it done to you unnecessarily....and then to add insult to unjury....forced to PAY for it too?....just because some stranger thought you should?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defective14 View Post
Again, take your right-wing, closeminded, republican, conservative agenda elsewhere.
We could say the same about your closed-minded liberal agenda.
It's a discussion board. Discussions have two sides.

4,373 posts, read 3,228,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
It's a freakin' human if it has human DNA! You cannot sit there on your high horse and tell me this baby growing inside me is not a human! What would you prefer to call it?
A fetus. An embryo. A parasite, if you would, since it lives off another being. It's not breathing therefore it isn't life. Nice try, no cigar.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Really, are you uncomfortable just hearing about it? How would you feel if you were forced to have it done to you unnecessarily....and then to add insult to unjury....forced to PAY for it too?....just because some stranger thought you should?
Again, this is not customary in pregnancies at all.
But putting that kind of fear/lie out there sure is a good idea, I suppose.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:23 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Is she waiting into her fourth month to get an abortion? Or did you edit out that part, like the way you seem to rewrite all the posts before you respond to them?
I am responding to the cavalier attitude you have towards the topic of rape. It is right there in your posts, in black and white.....I didn't rewrite anything.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:26 AM

3,393 posts, read 4,011,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
I applaud you, and sure there will be some instances like yours. If they were all to turn out that way, then there wouldn't be an issue. (Apart from the whole government intrusion thing).

As for the bold - I didn't say unplanned pregnancy, I said unwanted fetuses - not all unplanned pregnancies are unwanted.

But until the people who want to push this on pregnant women can guarantee that these kids will not have a life of abuse and neglect, then I still say stay out of it.

Unless you are willing to put your money and your time where your mouth is and not only save fetuses from extinction but also the resulting child from misery, then stay out of it.
I understand your point of view, but you can't take all the risk out of life. This is like saying, "Until you can guarantee that no person will ever engage in drunk driving, destroy all automobiles." It isn't practical.

Life is all about risk, it's messy and scary and unpredictable. You can't predict whether a pregnant woman will develop an attachment to the growing child in her womb. You can't predict if that child will become a serial killer or Ghandi. You CAN arm her with all of the information needed to make an informed choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies