Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 11:54 PM

16,433 posts, read 22,113,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Can you be moral if you support abortion?

Yes. Supporting choice or having an abortion is not immoral. Period.
Abortion is murder. Period.

Old 03-14-2011, 11:55 PM

1,759 posts, read 2,021,463 times
Only a matter of time before someone brought up religion. The interesting thing being, the abortion crowd brought it up. Not the pro-life crowd.

I am pro-life because it is wrong to murder an unborn child. If I somehow mentioned religion at some point, please cite the page and quote me on it. Or any other pro-lifers on this thread, for that matter. Because as far as I remember, it has simply been a matter of "convenience is selfish, murder is wrong."

However, it is often easier for opponents of life to trot religion out for their own benefit. As you wish, I suppose, but next time try to work with what we're giving you.

Old 03-15-2011, 12:03 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,780,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Being a liberal means you can read!

in-fant

noun \ˈin-fənt\

Definition of INFANT

1 : a child in the first period of life

2 : a person who is not of full age : minor
ROFL, he just got PWND.

If you don't believe in killing children, then you don't believe God is a moral being. It's fine with him.

Isaiah 13:15-18 (New International Version, ©2011)

15 Whoever is captured will be thrust through; all who are caught will fall by the sword.
16 Their infants will be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses will be looted and their wives violated.
17 See, I will stir up against them the Medes, who do not care for silver and have no delight in gold.
18 Their bows will strike down the young men; they will have no mercy on infants, nor will they look with compassion on children.

So, if a woman has an abortion and kills an unborn child, it's horribly wrong. If you do it on God's behalf, it's fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffington View Post
You certainly do, and if there is a Hell, you will reside there for quite some time, perhaps permanently.

Do you think GoD is in Hell? After all, he ordered the death of children.

Last edited by 70Ford; 03-15-2011 at 12:17 AM..

Old 03-15-2011, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
And old senile people.
If you choose to murder your unborn child because it is inconvenient, then you should have little difficulty choosing to murder your mother or father when they have become burdensome and "inconvenient".

Last edited by Bideshi; 03-15-2011 at 01:57 AM..

Old 03-15-2011, 01:50 AM

8,797 posts, read 6,068,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
When I ask this question, people never give me a clear answer.

Don't get the wrong idea and misinterpret what I'm saying/asking.

I'm not saying I'm moral because I support abortion. I'm saying I'm moral in other ways, and it just so happens I support abortion.

As far as I'm concerned, you can support abortion but still be moral if you're moral in other ways.

There are more factors than just abortion to determine your morality.
No. No moral human being can possibly be okay with taking a human life. Especially not an innocent one that has not even had a chance at life.

Old 03-15-2011, 01:53 AM

8,797 posts, read 6,068,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I do not think abortion is immoral

1. Parents who are not prepared to have children should not have children. Those children will often suffer by having poor parenting which can negatively impact society and the individual.

2. Abortion has much to do with one's personal and spiritual beliefs. Many faiths do not believe life starts at conception therefore these people do not see abortion as killing a child. So claims that it is "murder" is entirely dependent on one's religious and spiritual beliefs. Thus far, there is no medical evidence conclusively proving that a fetus is conscious and self aware.

3. I think it is more immoral to raise a child when one is not prepared to do so and subject them to a difficult life or even subject them to foster parenting throughout their life.

Not only do I think abortion is not immoral. I think having children when one is not ready is immoral.
You're right in that people who are not prepared to have children should not have them. You're wrong in that those children HAVE to suffer by poor parenting. There is always adoption, people fail to realize this b/c they are too selfish to put the child's needs first. THAT is also immoral.

Old 03-15-2011, 01:59 AM

956 posts, read 1,110,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
If you choose to murder your unborn child because it is inconvenient, then you should have little difficulty choosing to murder your mother or father when they have become burdensome and "inconvenient".
Or maybe you could formulate your own opinions, and let others do the same...

Old 03-15-2011, 02:06 AM

2,526 posts, read 2,994,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
No. No moral human being can possibly be okay with taking a human life. Especially not an innocent one that has not even had a chance at life.
Interestingly, you talk about a "human life" ..."that has not even had a chance at life." If it hasn't had a chance "at life" than it cannot possibly be a life...

If it's immoral to take a human life, why would an innocent life be special? Wouldn't it simply warrant the same moral judgment as all other human life and therefor have no need for special consideration?

Just sayin'...

Old 03-15-2011, 02:43 AM

37,048 posts, read 41,983,791 times
You've had plenty of "clear answers" but it's a little like asking people what the best tasting food in the world is...you aren't going to get 100% agreement.

Old 03-15-2011, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by africanboy View Post
Or maybe you could formulate your own opinions, and let others do the same...
My opinion is that you probably support the murder of unborn children. I just formulated that on my own, based on your post...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies