Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 11:02 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,207,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
Why am I so concerned?? Hmmm maybe the section 8 welfare leeches I have living next to me, driving their new car, and using their food stamps to buy food might have me a little teed off.
I have had to call the cops on these a-holes on more than one occasion. One time their kids wouldn't get out of my yard after I asked them nicely....so I called the cops and they accused me of only calling because they are black....Uh NO...it's because their disrespectful kids were in my yard.
A co-worker of mine was flaunting in everyones face last week her income tax check (that Obama "gave" her), of course the stupid b*tch has 3 kids, don't know who the fathers are, on section 8 and food stamps and still works (her excuse is so they think I am trying).....
I encounter more and more black people like this everyday....a sense that they are owed something. So my question is, what has Obama done to repay these poor blacks what is owed them?
Something that non-Blacks folks seem to fail to get out of their heads is this: WE DON'T CONTROL WHAT ALL BLACK PEOPLE DO. WE DON'T ALL THINK THE SAME. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE BEHAVIOR FOR OTHER BLACKS; IT IS NOT A REFLECTION OF WHO I AM. THERE IS NO "BLACK COMMUNITY".

So, your Section 8 neighbors are driving their new car (Does Section 8 make it illegal to purchase a vehicle? Does being on Section 8 require one to walk everywhere?) and "using their food stamps to buy food" (what else are they supposed to use them for...how do you know they get food stamps? And don't say they told you...from your tone and attitude, they probably can't stand you either.)

And your coworker was "flaunting" her tax refund. I know a lot of folks that talk about their refund, their plans for it, etc. Also, where do you work that makes it possible for someone to earn a wage and still qualify for Section 8 & food stamps (that is assuming you even know she gets either of those things)? Based on your housing and job description, it sounds like you have made some poor choices and have more in common with these low-income folks than you think.

I've lived in my black skin for over 30 years; I don't know many Black people who feel they are owed anything. I know a lot of violent ones, a lot of lazy ones, a lot of smart ones and a lot of determined and driven ones...I can't help but think you're just spouting off nonsense all because you were not tough enough to get some teen off your lawn. Either get over it or become a success and move to an area where you can avoid the unsavory crowd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2011, 11:09 PM

3,127 posts, read 7,627,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Something that non-Blacks folks seem to fail to get out of their heads is this: WE DON'T CONTROL WHAT ALL BLACK PEOPLE DO. WE DON'T ALL THINK THE SAME. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE BEHAVIOR FOR OTHER BLACKS; IT IS NOT A REFLECTION OF WHO I AM. THERE IS NO "BLACK COMMUNITY".

So, your Section 8 neighbors are driving their new car (Does Section 8 make it illegal to purchase a vehicle? Does being on Section 8 require one to walk everywhere?) and "using their food stamps to buy food" (what else are they supposed to use them for...how do you know they get food stamps? And don't say they told you...from your tone and attitude, they probably can't stand you either.)

And your coworker was "flaunting" her tax refund. I know a lot of folks that talk about their refund, their plans for it, etc. Also, where do you work that makes it possible for someone to earn a wage and still qualify for Section 8 & food stamps (that is assuming you even know she gets either of those things)? Based on your housing and job description, it sounds like you have made some poor choices and have more in common with these low-income folks than you think.

I've lived in my black skin for over 30 years; I don't know many Black people who feel they are owed anything. I know a lot of violent ones, a lot of lazy ones, a lot of smart ones and a lot of determined and driven ones...I can't help but think you're just spouting off nonsense all because you were not tough enough to get some teen off your lawn. Either get over it or become a success and move to an area where you can avoid the unsavory crowd.

That is the TYPICAL ATTITUDE I was referring to. I guess you would classify as one of those "uppity ******s" huh?

Old 03-14-2011, 11:13 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bright_future View Post
he's gave all the black executives in the health insurance business 40 million new customers

he's gave all the black executives at our nations biggest banks extra operating money to give themselves bonuses

he's gave all the black celebrities tax cuts

he's gave all the black middle class people the finger

he's gave all the black inner city people his cold shoulder
All in keeping with a long Executive tradition, except for the first example.

Old 03-14-2011, 11:15 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,191,140 times
Obama has shown blacks that having a black president will not solve any of their problems.

Old 03-14-2011, 11:16 PM

968 posts, read 2,061,874 times
Quote:
I keep hearing from my black friends that he has done so much for black people in the 2 years he has been in office, yet when I ask them "what has he done", they all seem to draw a blank.
Maybe you intelligent folks here on CD can enlighten me as to what exactly has he done for black people.
You have black friends?

Old 03-14-2011, 11:17 PM

4,593 posts, read 9,191,907 times
Quote:
TXTwizter;18281221] I just think they should do like everyone else..... work hard
I work hard 5 days a week

Quote:
quit playing the race card, and quit blaming everyone else for THEIR problems.
I pull the "race card" when the shoes fit. That doesn't mean I see every situation as racist.

Old 03-14-2011, 11:23 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,207,927 times
Quote:
That is the TYPICAL ATTITUDE I was referring to. I guess you would classify as one of those "uppity ******s" huh?
THAT'S your response? You say my response is typical yet you say you often deal with Blacks who feel they are owed something...where do I indicate that in my post?................Exactly.

BTW, I'm not uppity and definitey not a n-i-g-g-e-r. But I am successful...maybe when you grow up and stop playing the victim card you too can move out of the hood.

Old 03-14-2011, 11:31 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,828,610 times
Quote:
I don't hold contempt for blacks (at least some of them), I just think they should do like everyone else..... work hard, quit playing the race card, and quit blaming everyone else for THEIR problems.
Obama is running this country further into the ground than Bush ever thought of doing, yet the blacks continue to treat him like a saint. Why? Especially since he hasn't done a damn thing for them.
I knew this was a bash Obama/Blacks thread.

The questions you have can be answered here. It would probably take a book, and this is just his campaign promises, not including the other humanitarian work he's accomplished before.

PolitiFact | The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises

Old 03-14-2011, 11:34 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,746,084 times
Quote:
Why am I so concerned?? Hmmm maybe the section 8 welfare leeches I have living next to me, driving their new car, and using their food stamps to buy food might have me a little teed off.
I have had to call the cops on these a-holes on more than one occasion. One time their kids wouldn't get out of my yard after I asked them nicely....so I called the cops and they accused me of only calling because they are black....Uh NO...it's because their disrespectful kids were in my yard.
A co-worker of mine was flaunting in everyones face last week her income tax check (that Obama "gave" her), of course the stupid b*tch has 3 kids, don't know who the fathers are, on section 8 and food stamps and still works (her excuse is so they think I am trying).....
I encounter more and more black people like this everyday....a sense that they are owed something. So my question is, what has Obama done to repay these poor blacks what is owed them?

You called the cops on a bunch of kids without bothering to talk to the parents? And you think food-stamps are used for something other than buying food? And you know they're on section 8 because...

Old 03-14-2011, 11:36 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,746,084 times
Quote:
I don't hold contempt for blacks (at least some of them), I just think they should do like everyone else..... work hard, quit playing the race card, and quit blaming everyone else for THEIR problems.

And somehow you're able to tell yourself you don't hold contempt for blacks

Why do stupid threads like this NEVER get closed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies