Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 09:28 PM

79 posts, read 72,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Prostitution could never ever be made legal. It would become the biggest tax cheating profession. How does the IRS keep track of your income if you get paid cash?
Cyber prostitution is legal and rampant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2011, 09:34 PM

79 posts, read 72,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
It's dumb to make it illegal, it just makes people more likely to be harmed. Some guys just don't have the social skills to talk to women, so they go to prostitutes to feel the touch and feel of a beautiful woman, paying for the privilege.

Oh, what you say?! They should just stay home and jerk it? Yeah, right. OR they could learn some social skills and actually try to talk to girls? Easier said than done.
Or maybe some would just prefer to order a woman like pizza instead of playing games.

Old 04-07-2011, 11:22 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Maybe Obama could campaign for it in Hawaii & help a friend out.

Old 04-07-2011, 11:25 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,766,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by endprohibitions View Post
LEGALIZE PROSTITUTION IN THE STATE OF TEXAS, TAKE ACTION, STOP TALKING, MAKE IT HAPPEN.

That's right, I am on a soap box because well, I am an educated single male with a healthy fear of STDs! Yes that's right, STDs are my fear so I want a prostitute.

WHOA! but they carry disease right?

Perhaps you need to take 5 minutes one of these days to find out how the world works and how diseases are spread. I will start by saying that with a prostitute you can set the rules on what KIND of contact occurs.

If it were legal and regulated we could match like with like, have ID cards and regular testing. Nevada has had 0 cases of HIV since they began legal brothels from the act of engaging in their legal form of prostitution.

STDs and how they are spread

Mutual Masturbation:
Carries only the slightest risk for herpes, nothing else, and the herpes is called whitlow and is usually only on the hand not the genitals.

Oral Sex: Involves bodily fluids and therefore has a low risk of transmitting STDs like HIV and some forms of Hepatitis and HSV 1 (cold sore herpes that most people have, can spread to genitals but you probably have this already since childhood). Most of these are a risk when you kiss as well, so just consider the fact that almost all non prostitution related engagements that end in sexual encounters require a kiss and the exchange of saliva and therefore a risk, an unnecessary one.

Vaginal sex: Much higher risk of STDs both skin to skin like herpes and warts as well as those transmitted through secretions. This is usually expected from girls long before they will simply take care of a man through a hand job, also if you feel edgy about this a lot of girls worry YOU have something, thus endangering single men when they have a need that must be pursued immediately.

Anal Sex: Worst risk for HIV and some forms of Hepatitis. Not really a concern for the casual sex seeker however as women are less likely to ask for this, however if we are talking about homosexual encounters then of course this is probably mandatory as well.

Mammary Jobs: (lol how else do you nicely describe this) Well there is no really nice way to say it but they carry no risk.

So what if I am a single man, who doesn't want to marry the first girl who comes along, doesn't want to break girls hearts meaninglessly by playing them and I need sex regularly? What do I do? Risk my life?

Well I am that man, I know there are more like me too. I bet some women think this will reduce the control they have over men using sex, this is true. Well maybe, then again maybe not.

So other than the single guys like myself let's think of why this would be better for the entire world as a whole.

It depends on how we go about this, if we just legalize it and let pimps and hoes run about then sure we will have HIV galore, human trafficking, you name it. Let's regulate this! I am no fan of big government but we spend millions trying to stop people from getting a little action in asian massage parlors. Why can't we just tax them and use some of the money on testing them, licensing them by STD type or by those who have none, yes that means people WITH STDs have options too! Like stays with like and nothing spreads due to testing requirements and strong safe sex measures.

How would this save lives?

Guys would never need to sleep around spreading STDs, they would simply get what they need and live their lives in peace. This could be done for women as well, now I know women typically have different needs but its a start.

Whats the end result, seriously

Less STDs, more taxpayer money, more jobs, less prison space used, less heartache for single women as men don't need to play them, just good for everyone except the puritanical Judaic-Christian-Muslim moralists. Well guess what? We don't live in a theocratic nation, we live in a non-biased religiously free democratic republic, actually you can argue the technical label that we fall under all you want, I don't claim to be an expert but I know one thing, we MUST change this nonsensical ideology.

Why is sex so hated in the first place? Imagine ancient societies, they see promiscuity and they assume God is angry when they find growths and illness sprouting from people as a result. Scientifically it is just that these acts of intimacy are some of the most heavy chemical exchanges two humans will ever do. You have to understand that this was not God's rage, but simply the normal spread of disease which was misinterpreted by ignorant people.

I know I can't convince those of you who are religious, and I don't want to. I want to be left alone in my choice to freely practice my sexual lifestyle. I want to allow all Americans, especially Texans that right. If not, how do we live in a free country? I know that a lot of moralists will never understand and will literally hate my desire to see this come to fruition, but I think we are fortunate to live in an age where it is possible to rally support behind this change in legislation and I hope we can for the sake of many innocent lives and the personal happiness of many as well.

Something tells me you wouldn't be able to get laid in a whorehouse even if you had 2 hundred dollar bills taped to your forehead.

Old 04-07-2011, 11:40 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Prostitution could never ever be made legal. It would become the biggest tax cheating profession. How does the IRS keep track of your income if you get paid cash?
The same way they keep track of waiters' tips, lawn care workers, child care workers, babysitters, house sitters, and pet sitters: They rely on the honesty of the workers, and if they're ever audited, they'll need to have reasonable explanations for their reported income and expenses.

Old 04-08-2011, 01:22 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,870,736 times
If the Government legalized prostitution you would probably have a State Sex Worker's UNION represent them.

Which would mean Seniority rules and you would get stuck with the Oldest,Ugliest out of shape Hag to do business with, so be careful what you wish for.

Old 04-08-2011, 07:36 AM

8 posts, read 6,282 times
Have the state government do as Taiwan just did. The government there put forth a petition/survey and found that the majority of it's citizens were pro-red light district/areas in order to better monitor the sex trade and to protect the human rights of sex workers.

Ask the state legislature to do the same and find out what the majority of the state wants.

For those that are against prostitution for your own reasons, don't visit them. Disapprove of brothels? Don't go there. Stop telling your neighbors how you think they should live their lives.

A well regulated/managed brothel would be more beneficial and easier to deter the unwanted elements than what we have been doing. Obviously what we have been and are continuing to do is not working.

Old 04-09-2011, 12:42 AM

33 posts, read 82,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDevereaux View Post
Have the state government do as Taiwan just did. The government there put forth a petition/survey and found that the majority of it's citizens were pro-red light district/areas in order to better monitor the sex trade and to protect the human rights of sex workers.

Ask the state legislature to do the same and find out what the majority of the state wants.

For those that are against prostitution for your own reasons, don't visit them. Disapprove of brothels? Don't go there. Stop telling your neighbors how you think they should live their lives.

A well regulated/managed brothel would be more beneficial and easier to deter the unwanted elements than what we have been doing. Obviously what we have been and are continuing to do is not working.
Precisely, that is EXACTLY what I have been trying to say.

Old 06-01-2011, 01:44 PM

1 posts, read 657 times
Legalizing prostitution only takes away the consequences for Johns and pedophiles who rape women for profit. The brothels in Nevada are some of the worst in the world. The living conditions for the women being prostituted are horrendous. Most of the "panic" buttons don't work, pillows are murder weapons and when these women get STDs they are fired. Legalizing would protect the Johns and pedophiles and rapists, but who protects the women? Jail is a vacation for a survivor not a punishment. The average age of entry into prostitution in America is 12-14 years old. We don't really choose to be raped once we turn the age of consent. If we didn't have sex with you we would be beaten, starved, stabbed, burned. Some of us were killed. Some of us had babies kicked out of our stomachs. A lot of us were drugged, none of us liked it and most of the women that I help rehabilitate from the life feel hopeless, are suicidal, have PTSD, and STD's. Some of the girls come from brothels in NV, where it's legal. So in my opinion and experience, we should not legalize prostitution. We should treat women as victims of sexual exploitation and rape and penalize the buyers who are creating the demand for women and children to be raped and tortured worldwide. Prostitution is modern day slavery. And I'm an abolitionist.

Please, know that I understand the misconception that prostitution is the oldest profession in the world. It is the oldest oppression in the world. There are over 100,000 American CHILDREN being prostituted in the United States. These children become adults and then you think it's okay to pay a pimp or brothel owner to have sex with them. We're humans, not a product.

Old 06-01-2011, 04:05 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,602,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Survivor1 View Post
Legalizing prostitution only takes away the consequences for Johns and pedophiles who rape women for profit. The brothels in Nevada are some of the worst in the world. The living conditions for the women being prostituted are horrendous. Most of the "panic" buttons don't work, pillows are murder weapons and when these women get STDs they are fired. Legalizing would protect the Johns and pedophiles and rapists, but who protects the women?
Legalization would mean that they would be entitled to being subject to legal safety protections in the workplace which they are not right now.

Not to mention that if there were no brothels in rural Nevada than there would be no jobs for women in rural Nevada. Something to think about in this era of high unemployment.

Quote:
Jail is a vacation for a survivor not a punishment.
You know nothing about US jails and prisons.

Quote:
The average age of entry into prostitution in America is 12-14 years old.
Legalization would mean regulation, which would END the exploitation of young teens as prostitutes (and end the exploitation of illegal immigrants as prostitutes - and without illegals driving the wages down, more Americans would be willing to work those jobs, so illegal immigration would also be reduced - thus killing two birds with one stone)

Quote:
Some of us had babies kicked out of our stomachs.
So you want to prohibit abortion also?

Quote:
So in my opinion and experience, we should not legalize prostitution. We should treat women as victims of sexual exploitation and rape and penalize the buyers who are creating the demand for women and children to be raped and tortured worldwide.
Nice to see you think rape is OK as a punishment. Some humanitarian you are.

The solution is to legalize, regulate, and tax. It has worked to end exploitation of minors and human trafficking in New Zealand.

Quote:
Prostitution is modern day slavery. And I'm an abolitionist.
No one is arguing in favor of forced prostitution. The legalization of voluntary prostitution is what is being discussed. Legalized and taxed prostitution would be a tremendous help to millions of unemployed women in the US right now, and to their families, and to the economies of the places where they live, etc. And it would also end the exploitation and violence that prostitutes have to suffer through.

Quote:
Please, know that I understand the misconception that prostitution is the oldest profession in the world. It is the oldest oppression in the world.
Methinks you have prostitution and taxation confused

Quote:
There are over 100,000 American CHILDREN being prostituted in the United States.
Of whom about 90% are illegals (the remaining 10% are in areas of the US with few illegals). Human trafficking is a subset of the general illegal immigration problem in the US. Reduce that and you reduce human trafficking as well. (By the same token, those who want illegal immigration reduced in the US will have to realize that it can't happen without legalizing prostitution.)

Quote:
These children become adults and then you think it's okay to pay a pimp or brothel owner to have sex with them. We're humans, not a product.
So, should all degrading jobs be banned? It would be impossible to do that.
However, it would be possible to enforce violations of health and safety codes at the workplace to make sure that such jobs are safe.

Laws banning prostitution will never eliminate prostitution (other than Sharia Law, which is undesirable for other reasons). The only law that would eliminate prostitution (other than Sharia, which I am opposed to) would be a law that bans unemployment. We know that's never going to happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies