Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 10:54 PM

525 posts, read 946,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Exactly !!!!!!!!

The only issue here is government intrusion into our lives.

Yup. The real issue is Govt. intrusion on people's basic rights.. Hopefully soon more people will see this and it will help them understand the bigger picture. Until then, we will ALL continue to suffer.. Whether it's being forced into black markets, taxed for bogus 'help' programs, being deprived of prosperity due to govt-backed big business, or thrown in jail and having your career, job, or personal life ruined for having a plant in your pocket.

And all your 'moral' self-righteous types that 'judge' others... prostitutes, drug users, etc., are the ignorant masses in this country who are the reason it is this way and why it is getting worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2011, 11:05 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,559,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
There is a heck of a lot of bartering in a marriage.
My honey do list would cost her big bucks in the free market.
Yep...! My BF and I were just talking about how many people date/marry for money & security instead of love. I know girls who wouldn't even date a guy unless he's in a certain financial bracket, and this IMO is no better than outright telling the dude he'll have to cough up some cash if he wants any action...same theory disguised as "dating", really, the only difference being one scenario is honest while the other is quite often devious. If we look at the tradition of marriage, the roots of it were actually not about money in the first place, it was about bloodlines, procreation, dowries, and social standing, among other things.

Old 03-17-2011, 11:46 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,391,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmycat View Post
Yep...! My BF and I were just talking about how many people date/marry for money & security instead of love. I know girls who wouldn't even date a guy unless he's in a certain financial bracket, and this IMO is no better than outright telling the dude he'll have to cough up some cash if he wants any action...same theory disguised as "dating", really, the only difference being one scenario is honest while the other is quite often devious. If we look at the tradition of marriage, the roots of it were actually not about money in the first place, it was about bloodlines, procreation, dowries, and social standing, among other things.

She owns ½ my stuff and controls all the *****!

That is a ¾ overrule of anything I want to do.
I pay top dollar and getting ripped off.

Old 03-18-2011, 12:18 AM

2,807 posts, read 7,559,888 times
Quote:

I think you have plenty of company in that position......LOL!

Old 03-18-2011, 11:58 AM

2,126 posts, read 2,375,545 times
Quote:
Correct. Most people don't know the real world. Not every prostitute is like the ones on TV. Many are just like your friends and neighbors.
Well, I am guessing you are talking about the stereotypical, down and out seedy streetwalker as often depicted on American tv and yeah, I would guess the majority (in America at least) are nothing like that.

Then again, there is the tv depiction that glamorizes sex work to some degree. But I actually love this series. Sexy, quirky and great production quality. Available thru netflix too:

Satisfaction- Australian production

Warning, if you don't even like the idea of hookers, whether upscale or streetwalking, don't even bother watching. Just stick with American big bang productions in which violence rules the day but a bo*bie is a big deal.

Old 03-18-2011, 03:08 PM

6,536 posts, read 7,257,157 times
Quote:
Every woman charges $$ for sex, unless it is rape.

There is a heck of a lot of bartering in a marriage.
My honey do list would cost her big bucks in the free market.
That's right. There is no such thing as free sex for men. Men have to put some effort, creativity, lines, and money to get sex. It will cost men dinners, wine, drinks, entertainment, vacations, flowers, jewelry, hotels, an engagement ring, a house, etc. Somehow, a prostitute is cheaper in the long run.

Why would the government decide when its acceptable/unnaceptable and how should women (prostitute, girlfriend, wife, hookup, etc.) get paid for sex?

Old 03-18-2011, 03:21 PM

31,288 posts, read 20,647,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Why would the government decide when its acceptable/unnaceptable and how should women (prostitute, girlfriend, wife, hookup, etc.) get paid for sex?
Because there are a lot of people in this world that want to tell everyone else how to live their lives. And we elect a lot of them. Both parties are full of politicians who want to tell us how to live as if they are smarter than the rest of us.

Old 03-18-2011, 04:12 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,671,842 times
Quote:

you are wrong, she doent own 1/2 your stuff, she owns ALL of it. the rule is that what is hers is hers, and what is yours is hers.

Old 03-21-2011, 10:40 AM

6,536 posts, read 7,257,157 times
Quote:
Because there are a lot of people in this world that want to tell everyone else how to live their lives. And we elect a lot of them. Both parties are full of politicians who want to tell us how to live as if they are smarter than the rest of us.
Even those who make the laws know they pay for sex in one way or the other (dinners, wine, entertainment, drinks, jewelry, vacations, engagement ring, a roof, etc.). What guy has sex for free or without effort?

Old 03-21-2011, 01:06 PM

33 posts, read 81,726 times
Well, I just want to know how this will ever get into my state's legislation. I personally find the laws on this to be a huge slap in the face of my personal freedom. I live in Texas though, I started this thread in the Texas forum and was moved by a moderator (who I hate to say it, but I think he wanted me hushed when it comes to people from my own state because there was a bit of nitpicking with the rules there). The fact is, when you live in the Bible belt, you are forced to deal with millions of brainwashed people who expect their moral values to be spewed on everyone else regardless. I think that is very sad considering their own religious beliefs would say otherwise, of course people choose to believe the same book in many completely different ways, usually to suit their own needs.

It makes you frustrated at religion, but with my background I know it isn't the religion I have to blame but ignorant people. So prostitution will most likely not be legalized in Texas for many many years. This entire generation will likely die off and the more people are formally educated about their rights, the disease risks, and so forth, the more likely it will be that they will stop pushing near muslim nation style theocratic values on the state level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies