Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 11:14 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
ROFL...........Oh really then why is "Your" divorce rate at 50% and so many children born out of wedlock? The thread is about Republicans wasting tax dollars. So you say let's go deeper into debt so that you and yours can tell the rest of us how to live. Typical rhetoric from the far right. Live as I tell you to live while I can cheat on my spouse etc.
Oh Christ....you'll just get her started on the same old tired party line.
You know, "gays have the same right to marry as heteros, just as long as they marry the opposite sex".
That one.

Old 03-15-2011, 11:15 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,523,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
DOMA is the current law and as such must be defended. If it is to be changed then do so in the proper manner and that is not by abandonment. Maybe Obama should decide not to defend abortion.

NEWSFLASH.......Federal judge(A NIXON APPOINTEE) declares DOMA unconstitutional and hence undefendable! DUH!

Last edited by PITTSTON2SARASOTA; 03-15-2011 at 11:51 PM..

Old 03-15-2011, 11:24 PM

Hey....I got a new slogan for Boehner and company>>>>>>

Perpetuate the hate and increase government waste!!!!! Sounds like a plan>>>>>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-C3G8Snkfw

Is he drunk or a Drama Queen>>>>>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDyt_qCCiTo

Somebody get the "man" a hanky!!!! Maybe I can get my "twisted panties"(because MO said so) for him to cry in..

Last edited by PITTSTON2SARASOTA; 03-15-2011 at 11:54 PM..

Old 03-15-2011, 11:57 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:
Hey....I got a new slogan for Boehner and company>>>>>>

Perpetuate the hate and increase government waste!!!!! Sounds like a plan>>>>>

Is he drunk or a Drama Queen>>>>>

Somebody get the "man" a hanky!!!! Maybe I can get my "twisted panties"(because MO said so) for him to cry in..
Here's another GOP slogan...
"Defend the Indefensible"

Old 03-16-2011, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I hope DOMA does get defended and hope that Schwarzenegger wins in Schwarzenegger v Perry
ROFLMFAO.......another "deep" and mind boggling post.......I'll be back!

Old 03-16-2011, 01:39 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
ROFLMFAO.......another "deep" and mind boggling post.......I'll be back!
With lots and lots of links I hope

Old 03-16-2011, 02:55 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
I wouldn't worry to much about the little bit of money it may cost for them to do this. Obama is more than happy to throw billions into the wind every chance he gets.
Hypocrisy much?
IOKIYAR (It's OK if you're a republican).

Old 03-16-2011, 05:52 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
NEWSFLASH.......Federal judge(A NIXON APPOINTEE) declares DOMA unconstitutional and hence undefendable! DUH!
Well then, we can apply the same to obamacare, right?

Just because ONE judge rules this way does not make it unconstitutional, right?

Old 03-16-2011, 06:04 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
The sanctimonious hypocrisy of some Republicans and far right wing politicians NEVER ceases to amaze me.......mainly, let's get the government out of the "bedroom"......and stop wasting money and time.

In an era when Republicans are supposedly only interested in cutting the budget deficit; they seem more than willing to spend tens of Millions of taxpayer dollars and government time defending the obviously unconstitutional "Defense" Of Marriage Act.

IMHO.......it just more agenda rhetoric....the "law" has been deemed unconstitutional by a federal judge, but since some Republicans feel they must force their viewpoint on others; they will challenge that court ruling. Once again...it's all about them; forget the budget or what's constitutionally correct.

Like kids in the schoolyard......I'll hold my breath until I turn blue......or my aptly........Do it my way or hit the highway. How can we ever work together to make our country better with this type of mentality and inane stubborness.

Let D.O.M.A. pass on into history as the bigoted law it was and save taxpayer monies and government time; we need to move forward and stop dwelling on "old" issues which the courts have already settled, same thing is true of abortion laws.

Bigotry Watch: House Repubs to defend DOMA? Bring it on! | News Blog from 365gay.com

As House GOP Fights to Defend DOMA, Democrats Start Push for Repeal Measure - Poliglot

House GOP moves to defend DOMA - Political Hotsheet - CBS News)

House Republicans Plan to Defend DOMA - News

House GOP leaders vote to defend DOMA - UPI.com

Urging House Republican Leaders Not to Defend DOMA - Rep. Baldwin

Task Force denounces vote by House Republicans to defend DOMA in court « National Gay and Lesbian Task Force Blog

House GOP moves to defend DOMA - Jake Sherman - POLITICO.com

Why don't you keep your bedroom out of the military and elementary school classroom?

You're all too happy to drag your sexuality out when you think you have something to gain.

"Let D.O.M.A. pass on into history as the bigoted law it was and save taxpayer monies and government time; we need to move forward and stop dwelling on "old" issues which the courts have already settled, same thing is true of abortion laws"

OK, just elect Representatives, Seantors and a President willing to do that. Until then, DOMA is the law of the land.

Old 03-16-2011, 06:08 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Well, DOMA IS the law of the land, whether obama wants to obfuscate his duty to defend the law or not.

See, he doesn't get to decide which laws are constitutional and which aren't.

Thank goodness the GOP is now taking up the DUTY to defend this.
Until 2012 when they will be on their little ways out again. I cant wait to not have to see boner with that stupid tan. He better be careful and not get to dark.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies