U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is homophobia just as bad as racism?
Yes 93 55.69%
No 68 40.72%
Not sure 6 3.59%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 05:52 PM

3,776 posts, read 3,783,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Words are important, if we can't agree on meanings of specific words ,how can we truly communicate.

I say, I don't like homosexual acts, not the person. I am accused of 'hating'.

I may disagree with your reasons, but I don't feel I should call you a liar,
or accuse you of hating. Hate is a really strong word. I don't hate anyone.

BTW, we don't often agree, but you are civil, and try to understand others. I appreciate that.
The poster is also incorrect as phobia does mean "fear of" as exemplified by agoraphobia-fear of open spaces
claustrophobia-fear of enclosed spaces
Arachnophobia-fear of spiders
Ophidiophobia -fear of snakes
Acrophobia-fear of heights. etc etc etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2011, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
You're mixing up a person's personal intentions or desires with basic biological design, unless you can keep these 2 separate in your head we can't talk about this sort of stuff.
Seriously! Too funny.
But I think you are right-we can't.

Old 03-16-2011, 05:57 PM

2,735 posts, read 2,087,060 times
Quote:
You're mixing up a person's personal intentions or desires with basic biological design, unless you can keep these 2 separate in your head we can't talk about this sort of stuff.
Nice deflection. You have no "natural" answer to all the millions of women that don't want to have babies even though by nature they were made to have babies. And you ignore the portion of men that have no interest in sex even though they should spread their sperm as nature tells them.

Old 03-16-2011, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Seriously! Too funny.
But I think you are right-we can't.
Do you actually have anything to contribute other than belittling other posters and chearleading the ones that share your opinion?

Old 03-16-2011, 05:58 PM

5,201 posts, read 4,118,681 times
Quote:
I don't view any of that as unnatural and I see where you're heading but you're wrong. A woman that doesn't want kids is perfectly natural and that's her choice. The female body was designed or evolved to give birth and the male body was designed or evolved to produce sperm which is needed to fertilize a female's egg. Basic biology and science dictates that homosexuality in humans is unnatural. A straight couple who don't want to have kids is no big deal, that's a choice and has nothing to do with biology. I don't care if people want to be in a relationship or not, that has nothing to do with this conversation. People who choose not to have sex also has nothing to do with this conversation.'

Using common sense and the most basic knowledge of biology and physiology it's pretty clear that homosexuality in humans is unnatural.
That's very close to how I feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Shouldn't gays who want to marry (the same sex) be able to pursue happiness too, then?
I can see why they would want to marry, but I think it's wrong. I believe marraige is a holy covenant between God, a man, and a woman. I believe most Americans believe that way, but many are afraid to voice their opinions because of PC. Time after time, 'the people' choose marriage for only a man and woman.

Old 03-16-2011, 06:02 PM

Quote:
I can see why they would want to marry, but I think it's wrong. I believe marraige is a holy covenant between God, a man, and a woman. I believe most Americans believe that way, but many are afraid to voice their opinions because of PC. Time after time, 'the people' choose marriage for only a man and woman.
Thats why americans are so crazy about divorces.
You fight gay marriage, but you dont fight divorces.

And you like hot lesbians. And you don't consider yourself a hypocrite.

Old 03-16-2011, 06:04 PM

1,684 posts, read 1,431,563 times
Quote:

See, my God thinks marriage is between any two people who are devoted to each other. So the question now becomes, Whose god wins? On the other hand, maybe God should be left out of the equation entirely and equal rights for all be the single consideration. I mean, isn't there suppose to be a separation of church and state?

Old 03-16-2011, 06:09 PM

1,190 posts, read 1,392,306 times
Quote:
I get what you're saying but you're not listening to me at all. I don't hate gay people in any way at all, I just don't agree that homosexuality is right. I don't expect you to turn straight, I don't think you have a choice in the matter and I don't expect you to do anything to make me happy. I support your right to marry along with all rights that straight people enjoy, I just don't see homosexuality in a positive light. That's my OPINION, that doesn't mean I don't have a lot of homosexual friends because frankly I like homosexuals a lot more than alcoholics and I have a lot of drunkard friends too. I'm not doing anything or passing any laws that take away or block your rights and I sure as hell don't hate you nor am I fearful of you.
I never said you hated gay people at all. Your opinion is your opinion, if you dont see homosexuality in a positive light, then so be it. I don't agree with you, me being gay and all, but if you respect me, then I will respect you. What you say about me behind closed doors doesn't really matter as long as the respect is there.

Old 03-16-2011, 06:13 PM

5,660 posts, read 6,595,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
Thats why americans are so crazy about divorces.
You fight gay marriage, but you dont fight divorces.

And you like hot lesbians. And you don't consider yourself a hypocrite.
Not this man. I don't find lesbians appealing at all. Besides, lesbians are very anti-heterosexual.

Old 03-16-2011, 07:08 PM

Quote:

Well said. Pretty basic. I don't think people are necessarily fearful to voice their opinion. I believe they have been hood-winked by the left wing media and actually believe the propaganda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies