Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is homophobia just as bad as racism?
Yes 93 55.69%
No 68 40.72%
Not sure 6 3.59%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 11:25 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,850,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
You're confusing logic with your gut reaction and opinion. Most "well educated and logical" people do not consider homosexuality to be unnatural because there's a consensus among researchers that says homosexuality is completely natural.
Wrong, I'm not confusing anything whatsoever and it's possible to find a consensus among researchers to back up any position or opinion that any human has ever come up with.

Let's be honest, any researcher who had the balls to admit that they believe that homosexuality is unnatural or not normal would be attacked by the same attack dog homos that are attacking everyone in this thread who doesn't agree with them. Look at how the gay community attacks ANYTHING or ANYONE who doesn't openly promote or accept their agenda. The difference between those people and myself is my job doesn't depend on my opinion of homosexuality nor would a homosexual boycott/attack affect my daily life at all. The gay community has gone into complete retard mode attacking Chik-Fil-A and that hasn't stopped me in the least bit from enjoying a good chicken sandwich when I want one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2011, 11:27 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,850,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
If you are looking at it as unnatural, it is a big deal to us. You are not 100% in support of gays then, you are indeed biased based on your own conjecture. It is not based on evidence wrought by long research or studies, it is based on your feelings. It is all throughout nature and has been since forever, how much more natural do you want. Do you practice oral sex, because that is not natural, yet it is not condemned. I too am well educated and very logical, does that not matter because I am gay? It is also unnatural to eat cooked food, or wear clothing, you are not up in arms about those. So when you tell me that my relationship of 32 years is unnatural, I take offense and probably so do many other gays and lesbians. If you do not teach your children that homosexuality is normal, you are promoting your agenda that it is not normal and is unnatural. If one of your kids turns out to be gay, they will not tell you and will be afraid to for fear of rejection and admonishment for something that they cannot control. That is why gay kids suffer from depression and suicidal thoughts, all they want is the love, respect and support of a loving parent.
While I respect your opinions but don't agree with any of them, I'm not concerned with anyone I offend when stating my opinions because that's not my problem. I support gay rights, that's the extent of my support.

Old 03-20-2011, 01:14 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,490,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
While I respect your opinions but don't agree with any of them, I'm not concerned with anyone I offend when stating my opinions because that's not my problem. I support gay rights, that's the extent of my support.
I do not give a dang if you agree or not. I know I am normal. I do not think I am unnatural in the least. You do not believe that gay kids commit suicide because of a lack of familial support? People used to think it was unnatural for blacks to marry whites or asians etc. They would say that god separated the races for a reason and that they were not meant to mix. There were many things that were not considered normal or natural, but we progress forward in our search for knowledge and new information is reviewed against old and antiquated information based on feelings or the bible even.

Would you support your child if they were by a small chance happen to be gay? What would you do? Support them, or abandon them? I know that when I came out to my Mom when I was 18, and she was the first person I told, I was afraid of rejection, even being disowned. But she accepted me and said it did not affect her love for me, but wanted me to know that it was not going to be easy. For the most part, being out of the closet has been easier than being in it and afraid of being discovered.

Old 03-20-2011, 01:27 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,640,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
A lot of people seem to compare homophobia to racism. Explain why some would think so.

Do you think homophobia is bad as racism or worse?
I'm wondering where you find "A lot of people" who compare the two...? I've never heard anyone do such a comparison.
If you're black, racism is the worst. If your gay, then homophobia is the worst. If your black and gay, you would have to flip a coin..
"Let's see, what is going to **** me off the most today..??"
Where do these threads come from....?

Old 03-20-2011, 02:56 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,302,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
If any of your children or grandchildren were gay, do you think they would tell you?

If they did, I would not change what I believe to be right. My beliefs of right and wrong, are Bible-based, and I do not change views for convenience.

The main reason it is not normal is, Humans need a Male and Female to reproduce. There is a reason the organs are made and shaped the way are.

Old 03-20-2011, 03:06 PM

1,770 posts, read 2,896,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
The main reason it is not normal is, Humans need a Male and Female to reproduce. There is a reason the organs are made and shaped the way are.
So.. what happens if something happened to one of your children or their spouses and they weren't able to reproduce naturally. Then what?

Oh wait! Just proved you wrong. Do the christian thing and turn it around with another sentence or question or rant. AVOID ANSWER AT ALL COSTS!!

Old 03-20-2011, 03:09 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,770,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
If they did, I would not change what I believe to be right. My beliefs of right and wrong, are Bible-based, and I do not change views for convenience.

Does that mean you believe polygamy and pedophilia are acceptable since they were supported in the Bible? The problem with most people who claim their views are Biblically based and that's why they oppose gays, is that they never have any idea what the Bible actually says.

Old 03-20-2011, 04:00 PM

27,130 posts, read 15,308,615 times
Not agreeing with something is not hate.

Not accepting something as OK is not hate.

Are there those that do?
Yes, but that does not describe the disagreement itself only some peoples actions.

Homosexuality has always existed and always will but individuals nor society have to accept it into mainstream.

I also do believe that it is a conjured up phrase.

Old 03-20-2011, 04:51 PM

1,770 posts, read 2,896,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Not agreeing with something is not hate.

Not accepting something as OK is not hate.

Are there those that do?
Yes, but that does not describe the disagreement itself only some peoples actions.

Homosexuality has always existed and always will but individuals nor society have to accept it into mainstream.

I also do believe that it is a conjured up phrase.
I agree. Disagreeing with anything is fine! "Hate" is when you choose to go further than have an opinion. Back then, telling blacks to sit in the back of bus was pure hate. It's "OK" if you FEEL that maybe you are superior to blacks, BUT, it's hateful when you start treating them a certain way. Everyone has and should have an opinion on practically everything. It's how we react to them, is when it can be considered hatred.

Homophobia and racism are both forms of hate and both are used for one set of people to feel better and superior than others.

Old 03-20-2011, 05:41 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,302,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tmess View Post
So.. what happens if something happened to one of your children or their spouses and they weren't able to reproduce naturally. Then what?

Oh wait! Just proved you wrong. Do the christian thing and turn it around with another sentence or question or rant. AVOID ANSWER AT ALL COSTS!!

They won't have babies.

I express my opinion. You insult my religion, yet you think I am a hater? Your name says it all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies