Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is homophobia just as bad as racism?
Yes 93 55.69%
No 68 40.72%
Not sure 6 3.59%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 09:31 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,461,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
The environment never selected for roads and houses.
That's not true. animals have paths that they use every day. Birds migrate, the same way every year. Many elk, deer, Wildebeests, Bison migrate on the same paths, every year. Birds build nests, gopher turtles dig holes, Bears use caves, as do Bats.
Sorry let me clarify. The environment never selected for asphalt and concrete roads and houses. The materials we use to build infrastructure and shelter are directly harmful to the environment yet we don't seem to care. It's only when two men or women are getting it on that people seem to care about "natural".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2011, 09:31 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,851,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
To anyone who finds homosexuality unnatural in this thread, why do you find it unnatural?
Good lord, can you read? I've explained myself 3 or 4 times already and you're still making ignorant assumptions. How much more blunt do I need to be?

Old 03-17-2011, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Good lord, can you read? I've explained myself 3 or 4 times already and you're still making ignorant assumptions. How much more blunt do I need to be?
I have to ask if the people who keep saying no one is afraid of homosexuals have read the numerous posts that provide the definition of homophobia on this thread.

Old 03-17-2011, 09:36 AM

Quote:
I have to ask if the people who keep saying no one is afraid of homosexuals have read the numerous posts that provide the definition of homophobia on this thread.
I know exactly what homophobia means, I don't buy in to the definition that the homosexual community has tried their damnedest to create for the word.

Old 03-17-2011, 09:38 AM

You've explained you view homosexuality as wrong and unnatural, but haven't given a reason why as far as I can tell. If you have, I have missed it and it would be helpful if you could repeat it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace
Just because I view homosexuality negatively doesn't mean I hate anyone or want to take away anyone's rights. I don't have a problem with gay people, I just view homosexuality as unnatural which is based on common sense, not religion or anything like that.
Quote:
I don't view any of that as unnatural and I see where you're heading but you're wrong. A woman that doesn't want kids is perfectly natural and that's her choice. The female body was designed or evolved to give birth and the male body was designed or evolved to produce sperm which is needed to fertilize a female's egg. Basic biology and science dictates that homosexuality in humans is unnatural. A straight couple who don't want to have kids is no big deal, that's a choice and has nothing to do with biology. I don't care if people want to be in a relationship or not, that has nothing to do with this conversation. People who choose not to have sex also has nothing to do with this conversation.'

Using common sense and the most basic knowledge of biology and physiology it's pretty clear that homosexuality in humans is unnatural.
Unnatural based on what? How is that not viewing homosexuality as based on the inability to reproduce?

Old 03-17-2011, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I know exactly what homophobia means, I don't buy in to the definition that the homosexual community has tried their damnedest to create for the word.
Do you buy into the definition of xenophobia and ephebiphobia?

Old 03-17-2011, 09:46 AM

178 posts, read 268,032 times
in my mind. there are 2 forms of homosexuality. one that you choose to be homosexexual, and another which involves a hormone imbalance. i feel that their shouldnt be a fear towards either type. but fundamentaly homosexuality is unnatural, and if one is homosexual, that they should find help. be that through psychology or a medical doctor

Old 03-17-2011, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambogojo View Post
in my mind. there are 2 forms of homosexuality. one that you choose to be homosexexual, and another which involves a hormone imbalance. i feel that their shouldnt be a fear towards either type. but fundamentaly homosexuality is unnatural, and if one is homosexual, that they should find help. be that through psychology or a medical doctor
Should people who have a desire to shave and wear nailpolish also seek help? Shaving and nailpolish are unnatural. After all, our nails evolved to breathe, and we evolved to have body hair in order to keep warm.

Old 03-17-2011, 09:52 AM

178 posts, read 268,032 times
Quote:
Should people who have a desire to shave and wear nailpolish also seek help? Shaving and nailpolish are unnatural. After all, our nails evolved to breathe, and we evolved to have body hair in order to keep warm.
dont be childish. im pretty sure that people do not have a natural inclination that shaving is wrong. unlike homosexuality

Old 03-17-2011, 09:56 AM

Quote:
You've explained you view homosexuality as wrong and unnatural, but haven't given a reason why as far as I can tell. If you have, I have missed it and it would be helpful if you could repeat it again.

Unnatural based on what? How is that not viewing homosexuality as based on the inability to reproduce?
I view homosexuality as unnatural because it goes against the natural design or evolution of the human body. Whether a person reproduces or not doesn't matter to me, that's their choice. I'm simply talking about the physical aspects of the male and female body are designed in ways that compliment each other whereas a male and male or female and female body do not. Whether homosexuality is something that is chosen or something that a person is born with doesn't matter to me, I'm only talking about the physical design of the human species.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies