Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 04:39 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,907,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
just think of all the radioactive fish that will come out of japans coastal waters..glowing sushi on a restaurant menu near you,, personally i would rather have some of the corexit gulf shrimp, i'm not a sushi kind guy you know..plus i'm allergic to plutoniun

Add that to the china 140,000 metric tons of mercury in the sea each year and we are in deeper kimshee.. Makes driving cars look pretty innocent if you ask me.

I think man kind has stressed out to the point of global instanity. I am no bible thumper, but it looks a lot like Revelations to me, something I find mildly curios.

Another way I look at it is rats in a cage. They go nuts even if there is food, water and toys enough, just in a cage that is over populated. Is this that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2011, 10:06 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,800,689 times
Fukushima: Radiation Found in Milk, Spinach - TIME (http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,2060389,00.html - broken link)

Old 03-19-2011, 12:15 PM

8,274 posts, read 12,829,781 times
Put this in perspective.... chernobly left a dead zone they admit to of 1600 sq miles. or 1 % of the land mass.

Wales has farms that are radioactive. Germany recently had wild boards that ewre radioactive.... me thinkst the area deemed un fit is actually larger.

Those plants are next to the ocean.... not good.

planes returning from japan are making the Geiger counters go nuts....

This is a really bad situation.

Old 03-19-2011, 03:01 PM

2,514 posts, read 1,982,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Entomb it in concrete and go forward.

Look at the carbon footprint it eliminated over the decades.
Melt down you need cooling for the next several hundred years.

Old 03-19-2011, 06:47 PM

13,620 posts, read 12,702,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newonecoming2 View Post
Melt down you need cooling for the next several hundred years.

i think japan is trying to save that nuke power plant it's one of the biggest in the world.. and the biggest one Kashiwazaki Kariwa is down the coast..

Old 03-19-2011, 07:13 PM

20,831 posts, read 17,026,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Please consider the anti-nuclear opposition has been successfully frightening the general public since the 1950's with "duck and cover" drills in grade school. Then these frightened people were convinced that nuclear reactors are a "bomb in a bottle" (or a evil genie) that could not be understood. Nuclear power reactors, even the Russian Chernobyl design, can and have been operated safely for decades with only a couple of exceptions. The exceptions were all operator error. Despite that the opponents are so frightened that they cannot accept even a miniscule threat. Yet these same people fly in airplanes, take busses and drive cars. All of these activities are far more dangerous. The reason these are acceptable and nuclear power is not is simply the fear of nuclear power overwhelms their rational processes.

Fear is, indeed, the Mind Killer. The only way to overcome this fear is to learn all you can about what is frightening you then make a rational decision. I have done this and concluded that nuclear power, particularly in its most recent designs, is far safer and environmentally benign, than any of the alternatives.
perfectly rational. except it won't make any difference. the earth is a living thing and mankind has made some horrifying mistakes recently. the earth is fighting back. did the Japanese plan correctly for a 9.0 quake and tsunami next to their nuclear plants....obviously the best prepared nation is not a match for the earth and the environment which has successfully surpassed it's residents for millions of years. There is a price to pay for our arrogance and stupidity. Katrina, storms beyond count in the East this year and now a quake, a wave and a nuke slamdown. Just take a moment from your rational thought to see what is actually going on here. Your certainty will vanish in the order of magnitude of which the earth is capable.

Those are the facts and ask anyone in Japan if they dispute them.

Old 04-13-2011, 02:28 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,800,689 times
NYT: Delay on radiation report troubles Japan - World news - The New York Times - msnbc.com

Old 04-13-2011, 02:38 AM

2,409 posts, read 3,035,910 times
If Japan goes Chernobyl there isn't a damn thing you, the Japanese or god can do about it. The world is f'k'd and most people are just too stupid or too lazy to realize it. Look at how many nuclear power stations dot the landscape of America.........look how many are on the east coast, along the new madrid fault line in the midwest. LOL...........if a major earthquake ever hit the midwest or a tsunami hit the east coast what's happening in Japan will pale in comparison to what we would experience in the USA. It will make Katrina look like a fat chick at a pie eating contest.

Human beings have and continue to destroy the only home they have in order to consume consume consume and "grow" their economies so the rich get richer while the rest of us work ourselves into a 9-5 60 hour work week heart attack.......our arrogance and false hope of technology reversing the environmental degradation we inflict on mother nature only adds to the hypocrisy and hilarity of the situation. We had a country full of idiot leaders and scientists back in the 1940's lobbing off nuclear weapons like a schoolkid on the 4th of July.........rendering hundreds of square miles unfit for human habitation and causing untold damage and unseen health effects on the US population and other worldy people..........and idiots want to place their faith in science, government, technology again? LMAO!

Old 04-13-2011, 03:06 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,328,415 times
Default Great post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Are you Tightwads brother spreading doom and gloom all over C-D?

I am so sick of posters using that famous phrase: "don't say I didn't warn you" "if xyx happens" "sooner or later xyz is going to occur unless we abc"

Care to clue us in on Obama's collusion with the oil industry?

Care to fill us in on all the nuclear accidents in America these past 60 years?

Care to give us facts about our corrupt leaders like who they are and the types of corruption they are being accused of? What businesses have what politicians in their pocket? and facts please not some nut job article from some doom & gloom website or conspiracy website...

Geez, now you have me scared, one person pushes the green and orange buttons at the same time OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But what happens when they turn the red and blue wheels counterclockwise at the same time when the moon is full and snow is falling from the southwest????
I too am sick to death of the small-minded, doom-and-gloom narrative by the clueless just because the president is not a Republican.

Old 04-13-2011, 03:12 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,863,519 times
It's already a Chernobyl.
It might be a "three mile island" too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
GHOST TOWN - KiddofSpeed - Chernobyl Pictures - Kidofspeed - Elena

Haunting photos and explanation of the disaster.
The roads might open in ...a few centuries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies