U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 09:09 AM

8,950 posts, read 9,810,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Because a state-sponsored media outlet is bad.

(In before "the world will look like Limbaugh without NPR")
Why? The state has no control over the programming. The programming is not dictated by the government in any way.

Would you say that private enterprise that receives no indirect government funding has brought us better programming? TMZ, Judge Judy, Maury Povitch are all fine examples of what non-PBS stations have brought to the table.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2011, 09:09 AM

26,700 posts, read 14,954,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Because a state-sponsored media outlet is bad.

(In before "the world will look like Limbaugh without NPR")
Shirley you exaggerate

Old 03-16-2011, 09:13 AM

16,553 posts, read 11,051,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Why? The state has no control over the programming. The programming is not dictated by the government in any way.

Would you say that private enterprise that receives no indirect government funding has brought us better programming? TMZ, Judge Judy, Maury Povitch are all fine examples of what non-PBS stations have brought to the table.
LOL @ your attempt to provide the lamest examples. That's really hilarious. You actually think that if a station or broadcasting company recieves federal funds to operate that they won't push the WH agenda? You REALLY believe that? Look at NPR and PBS now spewing all the WH propaganda.

Old 03-16-2011, 09:16 AM

8,950 posts, read 9,810,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Look at NPR and PBS now spewing all the WH propaganda.
Examples? Links? This thread is about the factual.

I can source everything I have posted so far.

I simply want people to understand:

(1) NPR is a private non-profit corporation and can't be defunded by congress.
(2) CPB is the actual entity that receives funds and defunding it would have consequences besides eliminating a small percentage of NPR's funding.

No propaganda. No opinion. No hyperbole.

Old 03-16-2011, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Examples? Links? This thread is about the factual.

I can source everything I have posted so far.

I simply want people to understand:

(1) NPR is a private non-profit corporation and can't be defunded by congress.
(2) CPB is the actual entity that receives funds and defunding it would have consequences besides eliminating a small percentage of NPR's funding.

No propaganda. No opinion. No hyperbole.
CPB will be defunded. Sesame Street can stand on it's own and anything else that is worthy can too. If they can't stand on their own, then it is junk and needs to go away.

Old 03-16-2011, 09:39 AM

3,681 posts, read 5,379,713 times
Take Sesame Street. PLEASE!

Big Hollywood » Blog Archive » ‘Sesame Street’ Trashes Fox News

"Sesame Street Trashes Fox News"

"If Mom and Dad watch cable news, it’s better than 50/50 they watch “POX News.” So what gives? PBS — a network partially funded with my tax dollars — has the right to tell my kids that their parents watch “trashy” news? The message is clear, I can’t even sit my kids in front of “Sesame Street” without having to worry about the Left attempting to undermine my authority"

No bias? No indoctrination? No propaganda? Puhlease...only the worst kind. That which involves the brainwashing of our children.

Last edited by maja; 03-16-2011 at 09:58 AM.. Reason: quotation marks added

Old 03-16-2011, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
Take Sesame Street. PLEASE!

Big Hollywood » Blog Archive » ‘Sesame Street’ Trashes Fox News

"Sesame Street Trashes Fox News"

If Mom and Dad watch cable news, it’s better than 50/50 they watch “POX News.” So what gives? PBS — a network partially funded with my tax dollars — has the right to tell my kids that their parents watch “trashy” news? The message is clear, I can’t even sit my kids in front of “Sesame Street” without having to worry about the Left attempting to undermine my authority

No bias? No indoctrination? No propaganda? Puhlease...only the worst kind. That which involves the brainwashing of our children.
They don't see it that way. Useful idiots are not bright enough to know that they have been had and are being used in the worst most vile ways. They will actually be brainwashed into thinking propaganda is truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies