U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-17-2011, 11:14 PM
 
Location: Texas
525 posts, read 808,482 times
Reputation: 310

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeWurkin View Post
Well I've come to realize something with age.

The better others around me are doing, the better I will do.

Good luck being a real estate investor in a market where no one can afford to buy.

Good luck keeping your property values up when too many folks in your neighborhood get foreclosed on.

Good luck getting a raise or even keeping your job when so many others have been offshored and are out of work.


It's all relative. If you care about others, it will pay you back. So I maintain that true selfishness is caring about the welfare of those around you. I consider myself selfish.

Not caring about the welfare of those around you? That's just contrary to self-preservation.
Sorry but you've got it exactly backwards. "Selfishness" is concerning your own welfare--not the welfare of others. If you are 'caring' for the others around you especially with your time, money, or other form of charity, -- you are being "selfless".

I think what you really are saying is that you 'empathize' with people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-18-2011, 05:24 AM
 
69 posts, read 52,585 times
Reputation: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Oh, they know. However, "Affirmative Action" is just fine if it means that their wives get to bring home more bacon.
absolutely. It's a facade to make others believe that blacks are "widening the gap" between the races, when in truth its the other way around. it's a white dominated society. always has been, and probably always will be in the future. Key word is probably, because nothing lasts forever. Ask the Ramses, Roman Empire, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2011, 06:04 AM
 
10,963 posts, read 7,759,687 times
Reputation: 3113
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
My opinion is people are racists because they know their own lives are miserable. Kinda like the lazy poor hating the successful.
It really says a lot about a person when their own sense of self worth is enhanced based on the need to feel they are better than somebody else based on the color of their skin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2011, 08:33 AM
 
2,096 posts, read 1,587,962 times
Reputation: 996
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesj View Post
No, they seem as more sympathetic because they're white. plain and simple.
Proof? Many people don't see Jews as white and have hate for them, including other whites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2011, 08:38 AM
 
Location: Metro DC area
4,541 posts, read 3,524,179 times
Reputation: 1286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom123 View Post
Proof? Many people don't see Jews as white and have hate for them, including other whites.
I disagree. And I think deep down inside, you do too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2011, 08:38 AM
 
2,096 posts, read 1,587,962 times
Reputation: 996
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesj View Post
absolutely. It's a facade to make others believe that blacks are "widening the gap" between the races, when in truth its the other way around. it's a white dominated society. always has been, and probably always will be in the future. Key word is probably, because nothing lasts forever. Ask the Ramses, Roman Empire, etc.
Good morning,

White women benefiting from Affirmative Action has nothing to do with this. Look at the 70s, and the political efforts of the women's rights movement. Blacks got the short end of the AA stick because feminists had a better lobby and forced in their inclusion.

If it was about white domination, why is it more beneficial for an employer to hire a Black woman (double minority)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2011, 08:48 AM
 
2,096 posts, read 1,587,962 times
Reputation: 996
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
I disagree. And I think deep down inside, you do too.
Good morning,

Your attempt to know how I feel inside is interesting. You can do some easy research on the internet and see how much hate is out there for Jews by whites and non-whites. Most of the whites with hate for Jews are the same folks who hate Blacks.

Jews have the public's sympathy because:
-They have major media and political power.
-They have the support of Christians because they are seen as "God's people".
-They don't have highly reported drug and gun crimes coming out of their neighborhoods.
-They don't have idiots claiming pulling the "Antisemitism card" for cases that don't apply.
-Jews enforce the memory of the Holocaust, but no fingers are pointed towards any groups in the U.S. since they weren't oppressed here.
-Jews don't say they are CURRENTLY being oppressed in America, or blame all white German American descendants for any personal failures.

None of this means Blacks have no public sympathy for the struggles, because it is out there, with "white guilt" and all, it's just not a major force as Jewish sympathy due to reasons like the ones I stated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top