Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2011, 08:05 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,481,555 times

Advertisements

Lol, another why does so-and-so hate such and such thread!

Careful, you might end up making the word "hate" as superflous as "racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2011, 08:09 PM

27 posts, read 55,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalie Brown View Post
Why?

With this child rape story going down in Houston, I can't help but wonder, what if the victim was a little black boy? Would people just shrug it off and say "oh, well he's just a little animal in training so it's okay if he's raped by other animals." We're never thought of us being victims, but rather the perpetrators. The fact of the matter is, brothers are being robbed and killed everyday, and many young black men were sexually abused as kids themselves. But no one cares about that. If a black man goes missing, you won't hear about it in the news. But when a little white girl goes missing...well, you know the rest. The media treats us like heartless, soulless dogs with no feelings.

No one cares about us.
Well I certainly don't know what you're talking about. But I rarely pay attention to the news much anymore since it's full of crime, and bad things, and misconstrued gossip.

However, I will say this. The question is "Who cares about hoodlums?" Not blacks, not good upstanding black folk, but the ghetto gangsters who are rude to people, racist, crime-ridden, raised with no manners that no good citizen wants to be around. Act like that, and nobody's gonna care about what happens to you sooner or later, irregardless of your race.

Old 03-16-2011, 08:13 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,296,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalie Brown View Post
I'm somewhat shy in real life. I try to love everyone. I've never done anything to anyone that didn't do anything to me first. And like I said, many whites are cool, but even more act like they'd rather not be around me. And because I'm black, I must not have feelings and don't care.
There is no human being that goes through life with EVERYBODY liking them.

I can't help but ask why is it so damn important that White Americans like you?

There are realities you need to face as a Black American man and one of them is there are going to be SOME White Americans that are not going like you simply because you happen to be a Black American.

Now you can decide to let that make you sad, resentful, hateful or unhappy. Or you can decide to go forward and live your life and try to be the happiest most successful person you can.

But why get emotionally invested in a group of people that obviously don't give a damn about you?

Old 03-16-2011, 08:18 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,883,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Why does America hate young black men? Why? Cause we don't give them money or extra privileges for being black? HOW does America hate this group? Cause we don't treat them more special than other people? Give me a break...
I hear what you're saying. But there was something so honest and so raw in the OP's post that it sort of grabbed me, and there has been some good discussion here.

Old 03-16-2011, 08:22 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,246,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
There is no human being that goes through life with EVERYBODY liking them.

I can't help but ask why is it so damn important that White Americans like you?

There are realities you need to face as a Black American man and one of them is there are going to be SOME White Americans that are not going like you simply because you happen to be a Black American.

Now you can decide to let that make you sad, resentful, hateful or unhappy. Or you can decide to go forward and live your life and try to be the happiest most successful person you can.

But why get emotionally invested in a group of people that obviously don't give a damn about you?
I don't necessarily disagree with your post since I am not racist, at all.
Two of the black young men I like most happen to be twin basketball players that play on my favorite basketball. They came along two years ago with bad attitudes and were still in trouble early this year but have become nothing more than outstanding citizens. Of course, most really good basketball players tend to be black but some of the better ones are whit.

Now let me ask you if you think this man is not liked generally because of his race. Two years very few people considered him anything but one of the better young black men in the world. Not many consider him that anymore and surely it is not racist.

Just 31% Hold Favorable Opinion of Tiger Woods - Rasmussen Reports™

Old 03-16-2011, 08:29 PM

2,028 posts, read 1,887,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot
Sorry, I'm confused by your post. Are you saying that women prefer bad boys and, as a result, young men play this role to get laid? If so, I'm not buying it...this goes much deeper than wanting to get some a$$.
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
It isn't for you to believe, because women are not supposed to understand how men operate, but sex is what makes the world go round. Men imitate what they see is successful, even subconsciously. This is not a race thing
+1 le roi! A lot of brothers I hang out with and discuss this topic on other online forums with say the same thing!

What's interesting is women always deny this, even though Black men (and men of other races) around the country have the same opinion.

Old 03-16-2011, 08:29 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,206,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I don't necessarily disagree with your post since I am not racist, at all.
Two of the black young men I like most happen to be twin basketball players that play on my favorite basketball. They came along two years ago with bad attitudes and were still in trouble early this year but have become nothing more than outstanding citizens. Of course, most really good basketball players tend to be black but some of the better ones are whit.

Now let me ask you if you think this man is not liked generally because of his race. Two years very few people considered him anything but one of the better young black men in the world. Not many consider him that anymore and surely it is not racist.

Just 31% Hold Favorable Opinion of Tiger Woods - Rasmussen Reports™
So now that Tiger's image is tarnished, he's black, huh? I would wager that before this, you would have called him half Black (just like some do with Obama).

Old 03-16-2011, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom123 View Post
+1 le roi! A lot of brothers I hang out with and discuss this topic on other online forums with say the same thing!

What's interesting is women always deny this, even though Black men (and men of other races) around the country have the same opinion.
I don't deny that some young boys follow the "get rich quick" path in order to impress the ladies with the clothes, car, etc, but to say that is the motivation for the ill of the young black man? I think that is a very narrow POV.

Old 03-16-2011, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady8506 View Post
Well I certainly don't know what you're talking about. But I rarely pay attention to the news much anymore since it's full of crime, and bad things, and misconstrued gossip.

However, I will say this. The question is "Who cares about hoodlums?" Not blacks, not good upstanding black folk, but the ghetto gangsters who are rude to people, racist, crime-ridden, raised with no manners that no good citizen wants to be around. Act like that, and nobody's gonna care about what happens to you sooner or later, irregardless of your race.
Let me ask this: what qualifies someone as a hoodlum? Is it by their actions alone or also based on how they dress? I ask this because many young black men dress in the fashionable way of Lil' Wayne. I think this style of dress is silly, but I also feel this way about the grounge/Emo style adopted by young whites. Why are black youths that dress in the hip-hop style considered or perceived to be thugs or hoodlums while goth/grounge/emo white kids considered weird and/or eccentric?

You say that these "ghetto gangsters" are rude and raised with no manners. First of all, if you're raised with no manners, wouldn't it serve that you don't learn to respect yourself, let alone others? Also, aren't lots of teens rude and rebellious until they mature and grow up?

No one is saying that criminal black youths should be respected....but I do believe that you shouldn't judge a book by its cover....For a young black man trying to figure out his place in this world, it's often disheartening to know that the world seems to be against you (whether that is the reality or not).

Old 03-16-2011, 08:40 PM

2,028 posts, read 1,887,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observation View Post
Topics like this where blacks continually paint these child rapists/molesters as victims and making excuses for them are making it very difficult for me to not hate black people.
I wish there was a negative rep button. It's absurd and makes you seem unintelligent to tie the opinions of some Blacks to everyone who shares the same skin color.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies