Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 11:37 AM

717 posts, read 898,765 times

Advertisements

Why?

With this child rape story going down in Houston, I can't help but wonder, what if the victim was a little black boy? Would people just shrug it off and say "oh, well he's just a little animal in training so it's okay if he's raped by other animals." We're never thought of us being victims, but rather the perpetrators. The fact of the matter is, brothers are being robbed and killed everyday, and many young black men were sexually abused as kids themselves. But no one cares about that. If a black man goes missing, you won't hear about it in the news. But when a little white girl goes missing...well, you know the rest. The media treats us like heartless, soulless dogs with no feelings.

No one cares about us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2011, 11:50 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,407,894 times
More specifically, why do young black men hate young black men? They kill each other at a rate that is on par with the Mexican gang wars. As for your example of black children that go missing are unnoticed . . . I have seen plenty of those Amber alerts in the St. Louis area (I obviously cannot speak for other parts of the country).

Old 03-16-2011, 11:50 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
As general rule, I don't discuss family business out side of the kitchen but with every rule their are exceptions and this is one of those exceptions.

The problems that you expressed in your post ain't about who white folks hate, or who white folks don't care about. The question needs to asked is, why do young brothers hate other young brothers and sisters. Now we can discuss the conditions that a centuries of white racism have created, but the fact of the matter is, just because white folks have done this or that, the bottom line is black folk don't have to go along with the program. Just because white gangsters flood our streets with drugs don't mean we have to sell them. Just because white manufactures flood our streets with guns, don't mean that we have to use them and damn we have to use them against each other. So, my brother, perhaps you should be asking your questions in another venue, like the kitchen. You feel me?

Old 03-16-2011, 11:56 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,681,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalie Brown View Post
Why?

With this child rape story going down in Houston, I can't help but wonder, what if the victim was a little black boy? Would people just shrug it off and say "oh, well he's just a little animal in training so it's okay if he's raped by other animals." We're never thought of us being victims, but rather the perpetrators. The fact of the matter is, brothers are being robbed and killed everyday, and many young black men were sexually abused as kids themselves. But no one cares about that. If a black man goes missing, you won't hear about it in the news. But when a little white girl goes missing...well, you know the rest. The media treats us like heartless, soulless dogs with no feelings.

No one cares about us.

I dont know why dont you ask the liberal media they run the media anyway :-)
Maybe they don't want to point out what really happens all day in the inner cities. News stories of murders and black on black crime, domestic violence, drugs, and robbery might make the white people prove what they have already been thinking for years.
Of course liberals do their best not to stereo type anything and like to continue with the agenda that race and crime don't matter when the statistics and facts say something else. The media doesn't think adding the stereo type of what happens and in a fact its actually censorship. Now I find it odd you used black boys as a "little animal" in training to prove a point and I assume this idea you believe is something white people hold of blackboys. Hmmm sounds racist of black people to me to even suggest the idea.

Old 03-16-2011, 11:59 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,850,595 times
Quote:
Why?

No one cares about us.
If you're talking about the situation in Houston it's a little hard to think about the rapists as victims. I have no sympathy for rapists, no matter what their skin color is.

Old 03-16-2011, 12:01 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,839,560 times
Quote:
Why does America hate young black men?
Sorry, can't answer as your premise is flawed.

Old 03-16-2011, 12:06 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
1. Gross generalizations like "Americans hate young black men" are part of the problem. You should adjust your posting to "why do some people seem to hate young black men" or something to that effect. Generalizing that all Americans hate young black men only serves to continue the feeling of despair and lack of self esteem that is present in the young black community

2. No, I don't think most people do feel that young black men are animals in training.

We can't deny that African Americans are more involved in crime and have a general lack of family values. Now I'm not arguing that centuries of abuse, hate, and slavery didn't lead to that problem, but how we got here isn't part of the solution. African Americans of the 60's had a pride in their race, they fought hard to learn as much, set the best examples, and show the rest of the world and pre-civil rights south that they were just as capable as everyone else of exceeding expectations and contributions to society.

What happened to that spirit? When did it become ok to just want to be a rap star or a basketball player? I had a black family move in next to me when I was young. Their son became my best friend. We went and did everything together. But his cousins from the hood started visiting more as he got older. Mainly because their parents didn't want them and couldn't control them, so the one good family had to help raise all of the kids. The got him listening to music that belittled women, told him to drop out of school, and that killing the police was an ok thing to do. He had great grades in school, was part of the honor roll every 6 weeks, and went to church regularly. His cousins influenced him to change all of that.

Now as he got older he realized that this path was stupid, and he straightened himself back out. We remain friends to this day. But two cousins are in jail, one had a kid at 16, and the other is dead from a od.

Thats whats wrong with the black community, pride. They need to get it back.

Old 03-16-2011, 12:09 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,727,592 times
Quote:
No one cares about us.
join the club. i'm white, and nobody has my back, either.

maybe if you quit referring to gang rapists in the first-person plural tense, things would go more smoothly for you.

Old 03-16-2011, 12:10 PM

1,382 posts, read 2,385,387 times
Quote:
Why?

No one cares about us.
Dog bites man is not news.
Man bites dog sells papers.
Common occurance is, well, common.

Old 03-16-2011, 12:41 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,536,673 times
Quote:
Why?

No one cares about us.

You can't be serious with this post...I'm sure your not....I'm just going to leave it to the fact that you had no idea what else to address in order to add to your post totals.

Here's an assignment...Look up the term "Personal Responsibility". The Houston story was a dispicable act against another, worst of all a child. A cruel act perpetrated by 11 animals. I refuse to address them as Men, because they are far from it.

A similar act against a young child occured here in NJ only 8 months ago and like those perpetrators I wish they never see the outside of prison walls again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies