U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2014, 07:25 PM

12,775 posts, read 7,380,841 times

Advertisements

I'm waiting for Dockside to thank Obama for the drop in gas prices.

Since he blamed Obama for the high prices, he should thank him for the lower prices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2014, 07:32 PM

1,202 posts, read 636,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I'm waiting for Dockside to thank Obama for the drop in gas prices.

Since he blamed Obama for the high prices, he should thank him for the lower prices.

k:

Do ya think he will though and of course the economy was tanking again.

Old 12-02-2014, 07:34 PM

1,202 posts, read 636,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
So Obama is only responsible if the price goes up, but not down?

And the majority of Fracking is NOT for crude.

If you'd like to thank something, then thank a strengthening US economy while other economies are stagnating and/or weakening. Thank less demand for crude as alternative fuels (including fracked natural gas) are filling some of the US and global energy demand. Thank everyone with a level head for slowing down (or containing) the volatility in the middle east. Hell, thank Vladimir Putin for being a complete whack-job, which has led to the Saudi's rejecting production reductions.

I don't credit Obama for our prices now, and I don't blame him for our prices then. It's a global market.

(If the new pipeline is approved (it will be), then the prices in the US will actually go up, as we use our own refining capacity to process Canadian oil which will be shipped off to overseas clients, it will have the net effect of straining our own supply and slightly nudging prices up (with zero demand increase for US product. I'm not against it, but I don't fool myself either. It won't do the US economy any net-good.)

Great post. Hadn't thought about the refinery utilization aspect.

Old 12-02-2014, 10:15 PM

19,360 posts, read 13,021,568 times
Just goes to show old gripes are the best gripes in this joint.

I guess we have a lot of old men here who like to dwell in the past and re-chew old bitternesses forever.

Much away. I want no part of this one.

Old 12-02-2014, 10:31 PM

2,008 posts, read 1,800,469 times
Paid $2.79 a gallon this morning ... Thanks Obama!

Old 12-03-2014, 11:33 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,473 posts, read 13,413,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Really, is there any doubt this guy is trying to make good on his past comments and promises? Like, driving up energy costs....reducing our oil consumption....hoping to see gas @ $4+/gallon?

The $4-Per-Gallon President | Facebook

Exhibit A-C - his illegal moratorium, his 2012 budget and his anti-business, anti-drilling regulatory policies (trying to get through the backdoor, what he can't through the front - Congress).

Sarah Palin Rips Obama on Drilling: ’2012 Can’t Come Soon Enough’ - ABC News

Even before the meltdown in the ME, we saw an unprecedented attack on our domestic energy interests from this president. The 30 year obstruction by the Left/dems is paying off in spades finally.
Yeah, looks like he's making good on his promise to drive up.. wait he's totally failing now.

Old 12-03-2014, 12:18 PM

44,582 posts, read 43,115,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fumbling View Post
Paid $2.79 a gallon this morning ... Thanks Obama!
Gas is $2.64 where I live. Part of me likes to think the drilling is helping. Part of me considers that we are going into winter petroleum supplies. However, I do hope the prices keep dropping, at least back to $2/gallon or lower.

Old 12-03-2014, 01:41 PM

10,013 posts, read 5,744,793 times
I've been paying $2.50; there is a Costco in Dallas that was selling it for $2.20 yesterday (according to the radio).

Back during the OPEC embargo I read how some people purchased 500+ gallon steel gas containers to put in their yard so they could have extra gasoline. I doubt our zoning laws would allow a 500 gallon gas tank in the neighborhood, but I wish I had one. I would stock up.

Anyway, I didn't blame President Obama when gas prices rose, and I do not give him credit for them going down. It is the way of the world since the mid-1970s (prior to that the prices were rather steady, with many stations even having 'sales' on the weekends; the cheapest I paid was 18 cents a gallon during one such sale).

Old 12-03-2014, 02:53 PM

588 posts, read 1,041,178 times
1.99 gas in OKC

Old 12-03-2014, 05:56 PM

27,824 posts, read 37,862,795 times
Why hasn't Obama done a order to lower diesel prices too like what is going on with gas prices? Diesel is still very high.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies