U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2014, 06:23 AM

12,263 posts, read 8,986,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
lol.....OP will never live this one down.
Are you kidding? You all know full well the economy was Obama's last priority, despite all the lies he told us about focusing on it like a laser, and he most assuredly didn't care about the price of oil and the effect that had on the economy.

And guess what, people noticed. You Democrats were historically shellacked in 2010, then really blown out of the water in 2014. The American public doesn't want your policies and doesn't want you neglecting the economy and even party stalwarts like Schumer and Harkin are stepping up to the plate and admitting it.

You libs and Democrats are suffering from severe PTSD right now, to the point where you can't even bring yourselves to seriously discuss the changes going on in this country without getting hysterical. Worse, you nitwits have to resurrect two and a half year old threads to try to score pathetic talking points.

What a bunch of losers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2014, 06:27 AM

12,775 posts, read 7,376,282 times
I still have not read your post thanking Obama for the low gas prices.

Why can't you do it?

Since you blamed him for high gas prices in your OP, I would expect you to thank him for the low prices today. Either he controls the price of gasoline or he doesn't. Which is it?

Old 12-04-2014, 06:33 AM

9,852 posts, read 5,775,051 times
Last night on the news they were showing a sign for gas at $1.99. Can't recall where it was, possibly Kentucky? Anyhow, the one on my way to work hasn't budged at $2.89 in past week but we don't normally go to that station or even the one at our normal grocery store within our state unless we can get at least .20cents off per gallon [shopping reward points]. We usually opt for Virginia or even Maryland - Costco.

Old 12-04-2014, 06:40 AM

69,372 posts, read 53,591,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Who claimed the oil was released to drop the price? The WH specifically said it was probably not going to affect the gas prices.
Do you really have the inability to remember back just a few years ago?

Democrats to Obama: Now's the time to tap SPR - POLITICO.com

"Selling reserve oil on the open market is the one step that we know will reduce oil and gasoline prices in the immediate term,

Read more: Democrats to Obama: Now's the time to tap SPR - POLITICO.com

You dont even need to go back a few years

George Soros pushes Obama to release strategic oil reserves | The Daily Caller#!

We had thread after thread here with demcorats calling Obama smart for releasing it.. telling us to just wait, because the price is going to drop after he released the oil reserves. I dont even need to be bothered looking for it but I remember laughing my ass off at left wing kooks who proclaimed such ridiculous ****.

Old 12-04-2014, 07:07 AM

6,456 posts, read 5,904,678 times
Thanks, Obama for reducing the price of gas. If we can blame him for increasing the price, we can certainly give him credit for reducing it, right?

Old 12-04-2014, 07:09 AM

58,451 posts, read 31,853,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Do you really have the inability to remember back just a few years ago?

Democrats to Obama: Now's the time to tap SPR - POLITICO.com

"Selling reserve oil on the open market is the one step that we know will reduce oil and gasoline prices in the immediate term,”

You dont even need to go back a few years

George Soros pushes Obama to release strategic oil reserves | The Daily Caller#!

We had thread after thread here with demcorats calling Obama smart for releasing it.. telling us to just wait, because the price is going to drop after he released the oil reserves. I dont even need to be bothered looking for it but I remember laughing my ass off at left wing kooks who proclaimed such ridiculous ****.
The WH said it would not affect the prices. Your other link says Soros wanted to tap the reserves to ruin Russia. How does that support your claim? As for the argument for drop in the immediate term, I admit not recalling the arguments, but it seems they were right. They tapped the reserves, and the gas prices dropped from $3.93 to $3.30 in the immediate term.

Old 12-04-2014, 07:42 AM

11,355 posts, read 8,874,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Are you kidding? You all know full well the economy was Obama's last priority, despite all the lies he told us about focusing on it like a laser, and he most assuredly didn't care about the price of oil and the effect that had on the economy.

And guess what, people noticed. You Democrats were historically shellacked in 2010, then really blown out of the water in 2014. The American public doesn't want your policies and doesn't want you neglecting the economy and even party stalwarts like Schumer and Harkin are stepping up to the plate and admitting it.

You libs and Democrats are suffering from severe PTSD right now, to the point where you can't even bring yourselves to seriously discuss the changes going on in this country without getting hysterical. Worse, you nitwits have to resurrect two and a half year old threads to try to score pathetic talking points.

What a bunch of losers.
you sound angry...

thanks Obama?

Old 12-04-2014, 07:43 AM

12,263 posts, read 8,986,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I still have not read your post thanking Obama for the low gas prices.

Why can't you do it?

Since you blamed him for high gas prices in your OP, I would expect you to thank him for the low prices today. Either he controls the price of gasoline or he doesn't. Which is it?
Lol! Look at you silly people, ignoring the hot messy reality that slapped you in the face a couple weeks ago, gnawing over a two and a half year old post like it has some sort deep meaning. Those are some kind of nasty sour grapes you folks are sucking on right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post
Thanks, Obama for reducing the price of gas. If we can blame him for increasing the price, we can certainly give him credit for reducing it, right?
You're kidding, right?

What I do give Obama credit for is totally discrediting the whole concept of liberalism. It's been amazing watching him ignore the economy. Even the NYT is throwing in the towel on this fiasco. http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/03/op...arty.html?_r=2

I can just see after 2016 you libs and Dems are going to be mining 10 year old posts.

Old 12-04-2014, 07:46 AM

11,355 posts, read 8,874,828 times
Quote:
Lol! Look at you silly people, ignoring the hot messy reality that slapped you in the face a couple weeks ago, gnawing over a two and a half year old post like it has some sort deep meaning. Those are some kind of nasty sour grapes you folks are sucking on right now.

You're kidding, right?

What I do give Obama credit for is totally discrediting the whole concept of liberalism. It's been amazing watching him ignore the economy. Even the NYT is throwing in the towel on this fiasco. http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/03/op...arty.html?_r=2

I can just see after 2016 you libs and Dems are going to be mining 10 year old posts.
I thought this post was about Gas prices?

Does your back hurt from moving the goal post?

Old 12-04-2014, 07:55 AM

6,317 posts, read 4,437,543 times
Quote:

You're kidding, right?

Yeah.... ummm.... but seriously. ... why can you "thank Obama" when prices are low yet blame him when they're high?!

Enough dancing around it w all of your false rationalizations trying to save face.

Just admit it. You started this BS inflammatory post over 2 years ago. He wasn't the real cause of increasing prices then. Just like he's not part of the falling prices now. He was just a scapegoat for your anger and vitriol just like he will be if it rains today.

Now don't be a hypocrite. Here, I'll start you off:

"Thank you Obam- "

Now you try.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies