U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2014, 01:27 PM

19,237 posts, read 11,133,504 times

Advertisements

how old is this thread? I paid $2.69 here in FL the gas been going down all over- what's up in your neighborhood?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2014, 01:27 PM

12,775 posts, read 7,376,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You are attributing one persons comments pushing blame and then attributing someone elses comments giving credit, without any coorlation to the fact that they often times are not only not the same individuals, but opposite of the political spectrum.

yes, many conservatives blamed Obama for the high price of gas, this is in response to OBAMA saying that failed energy policies cause the price of gas to go up..

So clearly, Obama knew what he was talking about as a candidate, according to liberals, because they did vote for him, so if thats true, and Presidents are responsible, then they are, which puts Obama to blame for the increase..
The OP started a thread over two years ago, blaming Obama for high gas prices.
Now that gas prices are significantly lower, the same OP refuses to give credit to Obama for the decrease.

My position is clear: I do not give credit to Obama for the lower gas prices, nor do I blame him for the high gas prices.

Your last line...??
Are you saying that liberals voted for Obama because he promised to lower gas prices?

WOW

Old 12-04-2014, 01:57 PM

6,456 posts, read 5,904,678 times
Quote:
then how do you respond to the comment Candidate Obama said that failed Presidential policies caused the price of gas to skyrocket under Bush?
I don't put my political beliefs ahead of what the truth is, so I don't entirely agree with his statement. There is much more to it. However, more distinction needs to be made between presidential policies and the president waving a magic wand to raise/lower gas prices. You may say that it is implied when someone says, 'thanks, Obama' they are referencing Obama's policies and not solely Obama, but it seems that many believe he is some omnipotent commander who changes the direction of the country on a whim.

Candidate Obama was referencing policies, people in this thread appear to reference the president and him alone.

Old 12-04-2014, 03:38 PM

1,641 posts, read 2,804,287 times
It's $2.39 here in Austin, and we drive a lot-- like an immediate tax break for Christmas...

Old 12-04-2014, 06:29 PM

5,583 posts, read 5,509,245 times
Why Obama is just trying to ruin the domestic oil industry with these here low oil prices.

Old 12-04-2014, 09:23 PM

3,843 posts, read 3,667,340 times
Still over $3 a gallon in Alaska. Thanks Obama.

Old 12-04-2014, 09:32 PM

69,372 posts, read 53,591,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
President Obama was talking about policies over years creating an environment that causes higher or lower gas prices. Obama was right.

You however are claiming he was saying the president can just yell "raise/lower gas prices" and then it will happen. He never said that, and nor does a President Have that ability so you were wrong.
So is Obama responsible for the climb in the price of gas, and thus the fall, or is he not?

As usual, you seem to want to have it both ways..

Old 12-04-2014, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
The OP started a thread over two years ago, blaming Obama for high gas prices.
Now that gas prices are significantly lower, the same OP refuses to give credit to Obama for the decrease.

My position is clear: I do not give credit to Obama for the lower gas prices, nor do I blame him for the high gas prices.

Your last line...??
Are you saying that liberals voted for Obama because he promised to lower gas prices?

WOW
They clearly voted for him based upon his promises.

ACA saving $2500 per family
Cutting the deficit
going through the budget, line by line.
Insuring every american.

Are you really suggesting they didnt listen to anything he said?

Old 12-04-2014, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Why Obama is just trying to ruin the domestic oil industry with these here low oil prices.
It wasnt that long ago Democrats were telling us that high oil prices were good for the economy..

yeah, this was after they spent years bitching about high oil prices under Bush..

Old 12-05-2014, 12:41 AM

21,729 posts, read 10,593,592 times
Quote:
So is Obama responsible for the climb in the price of gas, and thus the fall, or is he not?

As usual, you seem to want to have it both ways..
What do you mean as usual,can you give an actual example of when i wanted to have it both ways ?????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies