Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2014, 11:00 AM

6,512 posts, read 7,544,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post

You're kidding, right?

What I do give Obama credit for is totally discrediting the whole concept of liberalism. It's been amazing watching him ignore the economy. Even the NYT is throwing in the towel on this fiasco. http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/03/op...arty.html?_r=2

I can just see after 2016 you libs and Dems are going to be mining 10 year old posts.
I was hoping you were kidding. The title of this thread insinuates that Obama is responsible for $4.19/gallon gasoline. If one were to follow that premise, he should be just as responsible for $2.50/gallon gasoline.

Why thank Obama for higher prices, but not for lower prices?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2014, 11:07 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So obama is to blame for the prices doubling under his term and the OP was correct?

That is YOUR argument now...

You cant credit him for the drop without blaming him for the increase....
I do not credit him for the increase OR the decrease.

Other people blame him for the increase, but not credit him with the decrease.

Strange!

Actually, my post 'thank god for that' was in answer to your post which stated 'people voted for him anyways' (sic).

Old 12-04-2014, 11:37 AM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post

In short, FOX won't be happy either way. They are looking for something alarmist.

Old 12-04-2014, 12:00 PM

803 posts, read 1,667,361 times

Old 12-04-2014, 12:24 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
In short, FOX won't be happy either way. They are looking for something alarmist.
I just love that line: Stock Alert. Cheap gas hurts economy?

Which economy are they worried about?

The economy of the wealthy who actually have gas and oil stocks? Yeah, gee, their portfolios might drop in value by a half percent.

Or is it the lower and middle class economy that lower gas prices will hurt? I'd sure like them to explain how it will hurt the middle class economy!

Old 12-04-2014, 01:02 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post
Ha, that jerk, manipulating ALL the prices. He must think we're all rubes.

Really, though, I have zero reason believe that the President himself raises and lowers gas prices on a whim. This thread is strange.
then how do you respond to the comment Candidate Obama said that failed Presidential policies caused the price of gas to skyrocket under Bush?

Old 12-04-2014, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I do not credit him for the increase OR the decrease.

Other people blame him for the increase, but not credit him with the decrease.

Strange!

Actually, my post 'thank god for that' was in answer to your post which stated 'people voted for him anyways' (sic).
You are attributing one persons comments pushing blame and then attributing someone elses comments giving credit, without any coorlation to the fact that they often times are not only not the same individuals, but opposite of the political spectrum.

yes, many conservatives blamed Obama for the high price of gas, this is in response to OBAMA saying that failed energy policies cause the price of gas to go up..

So clearly, Obama knew what he was talking about as a candidate, according to liberals, because they did vote for him, so if thats true, and Presidents are responsible, then they are, which puts Obama to blame for the increase..

Old 12-04-2014, 01:07 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,546 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
then how do you respond to the comment Candidate Obama said that failed Presidential policies caused the price of gas to skyrocket under Bush?
Your comment doesnt make sense in response to that post because saying failed policies over years lead to higher gas prices is not the same as saying the president himself flips a switch and raises prices.

Old 12-04-2014, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Your comment doesnt make sense in response to that post because saying failed policies over years lead to higher gas prices is not the same as saying the president himself flips a switch and raises prices.
I didnt make the comment, OBAMA did..

S0 you agree Obama didnt know wtf he was talking about?

Either failed policies cause them to rise or they dont.. If they indeed do cause them to rise, then Obama is to blame for the rise.

You want him to have credit but no blame, despite Obama saying he deserves responsibility..

Old 12-04-2014, 01:18 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,546 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
I didnt make the comment, OBAMA did..

S0 you agree Obama didnt know wtf he was talking about?

Either failed policies cause them to rise or they dont.. If they indeed do cause them to rise, then Obama is to blame for the rise.

You want him to have credit but no blame, despite Obama saying he deserves responsibility..
President Obama was talking about policies over years creating an environment that causes higher or lower gas prices. Obama was right.

You however are claiming he was saying the president can just yell "raise/lower gas prices" and then it will happen. He never said that, and nor does a President Have that ability so you were wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies