U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2011, 05:25 PM

5,037 posts, read 4,182,541 times

Advertisements

Video: Political leader who couldn’t pass a budget lectures on fiscal responsibility « Hot Air

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOWoQfeoP0I&

Quote:
If you had to pick the poster child for budgetary irresponsibility over the last few years — and certainly for 2010 — it would have to be former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. Not only did Democrats under her Speakership raise discretionary spending 18% in three years, not only did she pass a Pay-Go law and then fail to adhere to it even once, Pelosi became the first Speaker since Watergate to fail to pass a budget resolution for a fiscal year. In 2010, despite having a 77-seat majority in the House, a Senate which her party held by 18 seats, and a Democrat in the White House, Pelosi failed — or refused — to pass a budget for FY2011. Instead, she pushed continuing resolutions in order to hide spending until after the midterms, and failed even then to pass a budget.

As much as I hear how Bush did this and Bush did that from liberals over and over and over, it seems most of you wont even acknowledge the misdeeds and incompetence on your side. If you truly disliked Bush for the "right" reasons, certainly you would have plenty to say against people like Pelosi, Reid, Frank, and Waters. But you dont say peep. You ignore their faults or desperately try to defend them.

For this clown to dare even think of speaking about fiscal matters...it's just shameful and like some cruel joke. But go on, detract from all of this like usual. Heck, go ahead and try and prop her and her friends up for "all the good" they did and all the wrong "they didnt do", according to you anyways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2011, 05:48 PM

17,850 posts, read 19,592,282 times
It was not just for FY11 that she failed to pass a budget, but ever since she became Speaker in 2007 there has been no federal budget. For the last four years the federal government has been funded exclusively on Continuing Resolutions, Omnibus, and Supplimental bills.

Source:
Status of Appropriations Legislation for Fiscal Year 2008 - THOMAS (Library of Congress)
Status of Appropriations Legislation for Fiscal Year 2009 - THOMAS (Library of Congress)
Status of Appropriations Legislation for Fiscal Year 2010 - THOMAS (Library of Congress)
Status of Appropriations Legislation for Fiscal Year 2011 - THOMAS (Library of Congress)

Old 03-16-2011, 05:59 PM

561 posts, read 421,212 times
Pelosi is a dispicable shrew. She did as much to damage this country as any politician since Nixon. I was tempted to watch the video, but she triggers my gag relfex and I just finished dinner.

Reid, Frank, Kerry, Dodd and many other D's are not much better.

On the R side, you've got to admit that Bush 43 was an embarassing, ignorant clown. So too for Kyle, Cheney, Shelby, Bachman, etc.

No wonder this country is in such a mess.

Old 03-16-2011, 06:00 PM

And the Left says...... nothing, as usual.

Old 03-16-2011, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recovering Democrat View Post
Pelosi is a dispicable shrew. She did as much to damage this country as any politician since Nixon. I was tempted to watch the video, but she triggers my gag relfex and I just finished dinner.

Reid, Frank, Kerry, Dodd and many other D's are not much better.

On the R side, you've got to admit that Bush 43 was an embarassing, ignorant clown. So too for Kyle, Cheney, Shelby, Bachman, etc.

No wonder this country is in such a mess.

Thing is, if a Republican screws up, youll know about it. The media and others will take them to task. But you cant say the same thing for the left. They get pass after pass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies