U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 08:16 AM

24,639 posts, read 24,072,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
Wow - the only real hate message I see is this one. With all the other messages about WBC, with not one supporting their actions, why pick this one to respond to. There's no contradiction. The message to which you responded is right, and many, many other messages herein are saying the same thing. WBC may claim to be christians, but their actions don't show it--they show quite the opposite.

I suspect you despise God so much that you just had enough reading this thread and jumped in to unload on anyone who appeared to be a follower. It's okay. God knows you hate Him. But your gripe is with Him, not the one who posted the message to which you responded.
Where did I support their actions.
I'm saying that some of the hatred spewed by christers on this forum are no different.
Despise something I don't believe in, doubtful.
Call hypocrisy on practitioners, no problem.

You don't get to decide who is a christer or not.
You're all self-identified although there's absolutely no proof that a sky-daddy exists.

Basically, you're all delusional.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2011, 08:43 AM

3,075 posts, read 3,337,998 times
I didn't say we did "get to decide" who is a "christer" or not, and neither did the person to whom you responded. You are making that leap. If you do not despise God, then what's all the brew-ha-ha about--why attack people you deem delusional? When you see someone on the street you think is obviously not all there because of their actions or words, you decide they are not all there and just walk past that person, right? You may even feel pity for that person. And you make judgments on a daily basis about people's actions. Why does that not make you a hypocrit. You have some dog in this fight, and while I'm not sure why, and could care less why, your many messages just show you do. You just need to admit it to yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Where did I support their actions.
I'm saying that some of the hatred spewed by christers on this forum are no different.
Despise something I don't believe in, doubtful.
Call hypocrisy on practitioners, no problem.

You don't get to decide who is a christer or not.
You're all self-identified although there's absolutely no proof that a sky-daddy exists.

Basically, you're all delusional.

Old 03-20-2011, 08:52 AM

24,639 posts, read 24,072,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
I didn't say we did "get to decide" who is a "christer" or not, and neither did the person to whom you responded. You are making that leap. If you do not despise God, then what's all the brew-ha-ha about--why attack people you deem delusional? When you see someone on the street you think is obviously not all there because of their actions or words, you decide they are not all there and just walk past that person, right? You may even feel pity for that person. And you make judgments on a daily basis about people's actions. Why does that not make you a hypocrit. You have some dog in this fight, and while I'm not sure why, and could care less why, your many messages just show you do. You just need to admit it to yourself.
How can I despise something I don't believe? How silly.
I see people on-line calling themselves christers and wishing ill and spewing hatred day in and day out.
Are they not christers?

The dog I have in this fight is that lots of christers are filled with hatred and enjoy spewing it.
If you could care less, why comment? Hmmmm, did I hit a nerve?

Admit what?
That you're hypocrites?

Old 03-20-2011, 08:59 AM

3,007 posts, read 3,255,515 times
They are evil and inane, but I guess, unfortunately, we have to allow them to express themselves.

Actually, what would be fun is if we could bring back the Roman gladiator events, and put groups like the Westboro Church in the ring with the Black Panthers and just watch the show. That would be a win-win for everyone.

Old 03-20-2011, 09:47 AM

1,770 posts, read 2,535,475 times
These people are so insane I don't even have an opinion. What needs to be done to make them legally go away:
IGNORE THEM AT ALL COSTS. Stay off their web pages, don't give their youtubes any views, don't create topics of them in forums, don't invite them to your talk show/news show for interviews, just don't even THINK of them.

These people thrive for attention. We give them attention and for that they are going to stick around.

Old 03-20-2011, 11:50 AM

1,811 posts, read 926,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latina7 View Post
Tonight HLN had a program about WBC. What is your stance on their rhetoric? If I wrap myself on the American Flag, would I be able to go to Times Square and insult everyone under the First Amendment, and not get arrested? Just wondering.......

Westboro Baptist Church - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
They are sick and disgusting people. Anybody got a watter-cannon??? I would like to "express" my feelings towards them - in fact "towards", as in "in their face".

Old 03-20-2011, 12:08 PM

14,920 posts, read 10,729,255 times
They're good, upstanding Christians. You can't preach the Bible without preaching the hatred of God.

Old 03-21-2011, 11:39 AM

422 posts, read 555,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
They're good, upstanding Christians. You can't preach the Bible without preaching the hatred of God.
That is a complete falsehood. God is Love. PERIOD. I can love my children without loving their actions. People understand that perfectly well and then forget the concept when it is convenient.

Old 03-21-2011, 11:46 AM

54,204 posts, read 38,266,831 times
I believe they're a perfect example of why any church making political statements should pay the same taxes any indivudual pays to enjoy that privilege.

Old 03-21-2011, 11:59 AM

18,341 posts, read 11,627,700 times
They asked: What Would Jesus Do? Then did the exact opposite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies