Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 07:12 AM

334 posts, read 188,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I'm going with the response of "I'm just a regular guy" desired public image with males especially after that embarrassing "throws like a girl" baseball first pitch. When he starts showing up at NASCAR events, let me know.

My message to Obama is.........

"Don't show me that you can have a beer and watch the game like the rest of us. Show me what you'll do to make it more affordable for me to do it regularly."

...because right now, I couldn't afford to take my family of 4 to a football game. With the expenses I have coming up, I surely couldn't afford a $7 beer if I got there either.

Old 03-17-2011, 07:15 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,351,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeWurkin View Post

"Don't show me that you can have a beer and watch the game like the rest of us. Show me what you'll do to make it more affordable for me to do it regularly."

...because right now, I couldn't afford to take my family of 4 to a football game. With the expenses I have coming up, I surely couldn't afford a $7 beer if I got there either.

Couldn't rep you again HomeWurkin, but

Old 03-17-2011, 07:37 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeWurkin View Post

Your wages have been stagnating for 20-30 years and you want Obama to give you a handout?

Are you sure you're Republican? Afterall , Repugs believe all you have to do is work harder, get another job, pull YOURSELF up by your bootstraps....and then you can be ripped off with over-priced sports tickets and $7 beer...neither a wise financial investment.

Old 03-17-2011, 07:46 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,408,773 times
The fact that Obama likes sports may frustrate many here, but it makes him more likable to others. Like it or not, sports are important to a very large segment of American society. To ignore it is like ignoring a holiday or some other tradition. Even in combat, we found time to ask "How the Yankees are doing". I didn't vote for Obama (I'm Libertarian), but don't see a big deal here.

Old 03-17-2011, 07:50 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Every time I come across a thread or a post like this, full of bickering and overflowing with emotions, the one word that stands out is that a faction of the populace is into taking immaturity as an ideal.

Old 03-17-2011, 08:11 AM

6,940 posts, read 9,679,931 times
It's all PR for him.

Old 03-17-2011, 08:16 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,729,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Today he is on ESPN selecting the teams in the NCAA Tournament because he just loves to be seen on camera with all his teeth showing. Isn't this something he can do OFF CAMERA? Why should we care what teams he thinks are going to win in the Tournament? Doesn't he have more important things to be focusing on right now?

The man goes out of his way to be a "Celebrity President"

He is jealous that is wife is being considered for the next "Godzilla" movie that is sure to be released because of all the hysteria in Japan because of the Sunami and radiation myths.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies