U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 12:04 AM

9,857 posts, read 6,780,137 times

Advertisements

Government employee union members instead of acting like public servants, now believe they are the publicís masters. They have become modern-day Frankensteins who want to control the government and force the taxpayer to do their bidding ó or else.

But unionization suddenly gave them power to become little dictators. Instead of serving the public, they expected the public to serve them by giving them benefits and pensions that no one in the private sector gets. And if the government or the taxpayers didnít give them what they wanted, they would desert their classrooms and fire stations and offices and create howling Third-World mobs in the state Capitol, threatening legislators, picketing their homes, and sending them death threats.

The New Frankenstein: Public Employee Unions (http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/opinion/sam-blumenfeld/6710-the-new-frankenstein-public-employee-unions - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2011, 12:05 AM

Amen!

Old 03-17-2011, 12:12 AM

5,219 posts, read 4,233,387 times
This has long been happening at the local level. One friend of my family's was on the Town Council locally not long ago. He said that one time he asked for discussion on the increases to the firefighter's and policemen's already-lucrative contracts. That night the firefighters went to his house and vandalized it. He called 911 and after half and hour no cops had showed up. He called again, and they didn't show up. The next day he went to the head of Police in the Town, and asked why the police had refused to respond. The guy told him that this was just a warning. Next time they'd burn down his house, and the firefighters and cops would all refuse to respond.

So he told us the Town Council had no choice but to continue to give firefighters and cops whatever they asked for. And my last 6-month tax bill went up another 10%, to $13,600.

I can't get out NH fast enough, but I despair of finding a place where an American citizen can live out their lives without being bankrupted and micro-managed by a corrupt and abusive government.

Old 03-17-2011, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
This has long been happening at the local level. One friend of my family's was on the Town Council locally not long ago. He said that one time he asked for discussion on the increases to the firefighter's and policemen's already-lucrative contracts. That night the firefighters went to his house and vandalized it. He called 911 and after half and hour no cops had showed up. He called again, and they didn't show up. The next day he went to the head of Police in the Town, and asked why the police had refused to respond. The guy told him that this was just a warning. Next time they'd burn down his house, and the firefighters and cops would all refuse to respond.

So he told us the Town Council had no choice but to continue to give firefighters and cops whatever they asked for. And my last 6-month tax bill went up another 10%, to $13,600.

I can't get out NH fast enough, but I despair of finding a place where an American citizen can live out their lives without being bankrupted and micro-managed by a corrupt and abusive government.
Unions need to be gone at least regarding government. Sorry about your problem, we in CA suffer as well.

Old 03-17-2011, 12:51 AM

44,924 posts, read 27,213,245 times
Quote:

I think you would be welcome in most parts of Kansas and wouldn't find local taxes anything like you keep saying they are in New Hampshire.

We have been a right-to-work state for many years and our governing agencies, local and state, may not be any more honest that others but they are not allowed to do the things you talk about.

You may not like the weather, etc. but you would find it much different as far as taxes are concerned.

Old 03-17-2011, 12:56 AM

334 posts, read 146,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Government employee union members instead of acting like public servants, now believe they are the publicís masters. They have become modern-day Frankensteins who want to control the government and force the taxpayer to do their bidding ó or else.

But unionization suddenly gave them power to become little dictators. Instead of serving the public, they expected the public to serve them by giving them benefits and pensions that no one in the private sector gets. And if the government or the taxpayers didnít give them what they wanted, they would desert their classrooms and fire stations and offices and create howling Third-World mobs in the state Capitol, threatening legislators, picketing their homes, and sending them death threats.

The New Frankenstein: Public Employee Unions (http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/opinion/sam-blumenfeld/6710-the-new-frankenstein-public-employee-unions - broken link)
I'll have to admit, when they didn't make as much as we in the pvt sector do, I didn't care. I just figured "Ehhh, it works for some people. Low pay in trade for security and good benefits."

Now these bastards make more than we do! On top of that, they still want the security and the benefits!!

Uhh, no. My taxes aren't funding it. At least not with my approval. It's time to clean house with a big ass mop that says "reality" on the side of it.

Old 03-17-2011, 01:00 AM

44,924 posts, read 27,213,245 times
Quote:

I got a charge out of what that man said about those public employee unions playing their game. I so well remember back when Jimmy Carter promised the NEA that he would get them a Cabinet position by creating the Dept. of Education. Well now, they kicked in $4.5 million for his campaign and he repaid them as he said he would. People think that they spending $40 million on Dems this last time around was bad but according to their officers they have 3.4 million members and back then we (NEA) had only 2.3 million and our dues were nothing compared to now. When the union was forced to return parts of the dues that they didn't ask us about they had to refund that amount. Well now, my share was a whole $4.65 but I demanded it. If you figure out how many dollars they would have had to repay if every member had spoken out like I did, it comes to over $8 million.

The best thing about that one was that I told them to stick my membership and dropped out of that union just as soon as they admitted that they were a union. My wife stayed in the union because they provided a very good insurance policy to protect members from people who might sue for anything some lawyer thought appeared like malpractice. $1 million coverage for that wasn't bad but the annual dues have been pretty high.

Old 08-09-2011, 01:39 PM

9,616 posts, read 17,785,619 times
Quote:

Thats discusting. What city or town in new hampshire did this happen in ?

Old 08-09-2011, 01:52 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,223 posts, read 1,539,670 times
Quote:

I read that bus drivers in Wisconsin make 6 figures.
If this is true it is despicable that they make such a ridiculous figure paid for by taxpayer money.

Old 08-09-2011, 02:38 PM

6,392 posts, read 4,257,436 times
Quote:

I would have been sitting there with my gun, and shot who ever showed up to vandalize my place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies