Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 11:02 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times

Advertisements

Commodities rise, as more dollar bills are fraudulently printed, to back something we don't have.

Commodities still cost the same amount of gold, they did 150 years ago.

What's up with that if you say there is no inflation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2011, 11:10 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Cant find your glasses to read the link?
I read the link, it included known information already..

Florida often has problems like this. One year its greens, the next year its oranges.. You dont see a 4% increase in one month nationwide from losing $273M in produce. The agriculture business in america in $100B+ a year business.

Inflation of 4% in one month isnt due to a loss of .002% of the nations industry.. Sorry the math just doesnt work.

Old 03-17-2011, 11:14 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,590,027 times
I can't believe that there are millions of easily manipulated lower class folks out there (TS is a poster child for the disorder) taking this Obama evil marxist BS seriously. Clinton, Bush, Obama, .... are just front men, they decided little or nothing. Common, GW was way too inept to run a gas station not speaking of masterminding world affairs. Obama is little bit brighter but nevertheless he's a puppet doing the bidding of Wall Street who's got him elected.

Things to consider:

1) US agriculture is extremely monopolized & specialized especially food processing, a few top dogs control entire seed to plate chain. They got a few remaining farmers by their balls, they got your wallet. You don't get big in order to feed you for less. Same with grocery chains. I can't find a freaking apple tree or potato bush in 100 miles radius of my house. Specialization & monopolization went insane

2) US agriculture is heavily industrialized and energy consuming, 10 calories of energy per 1 calory of food you eat, roughly 100 gallons of fuel per acre of crops, all things considered. You are sitting ducks in a death trap. If our ancestors spent 10 calories per every calory of food they grew, mankind would extinct 10,000 years ago. The future is very bleak, playing with GMO monsters don't make it any brighter.

3) Speculations, futures, speculations. In the past nothing excited grain trader more than famine. Nothing changed since then. "Investors worry" remember this magic phrase news anchors spout each time prices spike. Investors worry - you eat less/pay more, simple. Investors worry a lot recently.

Old 03-17-2011, 11:16 PM

2,023 posts, read 5,312,708 times
Zero percent interest rate policy and quantitative easing from the Federal Reserve is the culprit here. Hot money flowing into commodities like oil, cotton, corn, gold and silver and more, its the central bankers responsible for this and there is no reason as to why the American people cannot take after those in Egypt and put a stop to this once and for all. Max Keiser calls it a "global insurrection against banker occupation".

Old 03-17-2011, 11:17 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,605,751 times
Quote:
Cant find your glasses to read the link?
reading comprehension is also lacking

Old 03-17-2011, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
So your another one who blames the predicted inflation which has been taking place over the last few years in the commodities market on a one month .002% destruction in crops?

Why dont you share your "comprehension" with me.. Maybe you can tell me how the commodities have been going up for the last 2 years, because Florida had a crop failure in December?

Old 03-17-2011, 11:24 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
Guess he didnt eat his veggies, or drink that glass of delicious, nutritious Florida OJ. (before all the trees froze.)
My own trees....

Old 03-17-2011, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Guess he didnt eat his veggies, or drink that glass of delicious, nutritious Florida OJ. (before all the trees froze.)
My own trees....
You havent answered my question.

How does losing .002% of the nations yearly economic produce in December.. Equate to predicted rising food costs in the commodity market FOR THE LAST TWO YEARS?

And how does losing .002% of the nations yearly economic produce in December equate to a 4% growth in inflation for one month?

Florida has lost lots of crops before, it NEVER equated to a 4% national inflation in one month, even when the devistation was 4 times as large it didnt turn into anywhere near this type of an increase 1990 for example Florida lost $1 BIllion in produce and this only resulted in a 4% increase FOR THE YEAR.. not 4% for the month like we are seeing now.
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...op-crop-damage
http://fpc.state.gov/documents/organization/104281.pdf

Stop personally attacking me and answer the questions. I can do math and your explination lacks substance.

Old 03-17-2011, 11:29 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You havent answered my question.

How does losing .002% of the nations yearly economic produce in December.. Equate to predicted rising food costs in the commodity market FOR THE LAST TWO YEARS?

And how does losing .002% of the nations yearly economic produce in December equate to a 4% growth in inflation?

Stop personally attacking me and answer the questions. I can do math and your explination lacks substance.
I suppose you also didnt notice that produce and juice shot through the roof after the freeze, and the prices still have not gone down.
There was a great deal of tree damage, which will result in long term higher prices for juice oranges, which, correct me if I'm wrong, is a commodity.

Old 03-17-2011, 11:30 PM

525 posts, read 948,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73-79 ford fan View Post
Zero percent interest rate policy and quantitative easing from the Federal Reserve is the culprit here. Hot money flowing into commodities like oil, cotton, corn, gold and silver and more, its the central bankers responsible for this and there is no reason as to why the American people cannot take after those in Egypt and put a stop to this once and for all. Max Keiser calls it a "global insurrection against banker occupation".

I agree with you and Remember.. But guys try to say this stuff in more basic terms.. geez just think of who it is trying to understand this stuff... yea... great clarity here but I want to see the people 'get this!'

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies