U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 05:57 PM

15,400 posts, read 19,047,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Almost every homosexual I know either proclaimed they were not gay at one point or were dating the opposite sex or married before they became a homosexual.

So how could they be born this way? One told me he couldn't "decide" at first but then decided he was gay. This is from the mouth of a homosexual male.

They made a choice IMO. Sexual choice. I personally have never met a gay child.
Great analogy....here's one for you....I know a straight man who molests little girls......so by your CONVOLUTED logic.......ALL straight men must molest little girls.

Old 03-17-2011, 06:00 PM

3,776 posts, read 3,775,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
Great analogy....here's one for you....I know a straight man who molests little girls......so by your CONVOLUTED logic.......ALL straight men must molest little girls.
No, actually that is your convoluted logic. And such emotion.
Can't debate without it I assume.

Old 03-17-2011, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
I dunno about that. Depression has always plauged homosexuals. The whole reason we're all supposed to be all accepting of gay individuals is because of this issue. While being gay here in the western world may still be not totally accepted it's much closer than the rest of the world which really does persecute homosexual behavior. Still, it hasn't helped the mental health issues of gays.

source
I just can't imagine, in this world of love and acceptance, why gay folks would sometimes get depressed. Now myself....I just GET EVEN!!!!!

Old 03-17-2011, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Amazing how fast homosexuals pull out name calling and derisive labeling against anyone who doesn't march to their "pride". Hypocritical much?
That's laughable after reading your previous posts!!!!!! Kettle meet pot!!!!

Old 03-17-2011, 06:03 PM

Quote:
I just can't imagine, in this world of love and acceptance, why gay folks would sometimes get depressed. Now myself....I just GET EVEN!!!!!
I can imagine and that is what scares me.

Old 03-17-2011, 06:04 PM

14,790 posts, read 13,484,970 times
Quote:
Almost every homosexual I know either proclaimed they were not gay at one point or were dating the opposite sex or married before they became a homosexual.

So how could they be born this way? One told me he couldn't "decide" at first but then decided he was gay. This is from the mouth of a homosexual male.

They made a choice IMO. Sexual choice. I personally have never met a gay child.
and how many children do you know talk about sexuality?

Old 03-17-2011, 06:04 PM

11,425 posts, read 16,665,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
Because many have the ulterior motive of getting put in a special civil rights class if they can convince everyone that like being black, they have no choice in their behavior because they were just "Born This Way" ala Lady Ga Ga. Then they can get all kinds of Civil Rights Discrimination privlages and pretty much silence any one who disagrees with them. This has been a brilliant plan in effect for quite a while. You can read about it in a book called, "After the Ball: How America Will Conquer its Fear and Hatred of Gays in the 90's" by Marshall Kirk ( a brilliant homosexual man). I think its the "bible" of how- to for the homosexual movement.

Here's another link that tells how the diagnosis of Homosexuality was removed from the DSM in 1973 mainly as a result of gay political activism.
Thought Reform And The Psychology of Homosexual Advocacy

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the link very informative.

Old 03-17-2011, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Uh yeah I have heard this argument ad nasuem. Surprise you are not the first (nor will you be the last) to drag out this tired old argument. Furthermore I was waiting for someone to address it.
And yes, I do "get it" lol. I just don't buy it.

My experience as I said, and one of my best friends son is homosexual, as well as quite a few co-workers, is that they are indeed, not "born that way." So you can make simplistic excuses like "sounds like you haven't met a lot of people" but the facts don't support what you are selling.

I don't doubt that some say they were attracted to the same sex from the beginning but there are plenty that this is not true.
A friend of mine, 28 years old who was completely "guy crazy" growing up, married several years, husband cheated and they divorced then at a party meet a woman and now is a homosexual. I know this is just one example. But there are many like this. This female did not have any religious reasons or family reasons not to "come out" She simply found an attraction to a female and decided to go with it.
I too call you out; your post is BS....I knew I was gay at 5 or 6 years old and every gay person I know....which is a few more than you, says the same.

Now I'll tell you the real reason people believe as you do. They are INSECURE in their own sexuality and feel the need to think they are superior to others. Also by thinking it's a choice you feel it gives you the right to be bigoted without remorse.

Let me ask you....WHY DO YOU CARE??????? Sexually secure males do not diss gay guys; they realize they now have less competition for female attention.....most of my male friends are straight.

Old 03-17-2011, 06:10 PM

Quote:
I too call you out; your post is BS....I knew I was gay at 5 or 6 years old and every gay person I know....which is a few more than you, says the same.
Coming from you I consider it a compliment actually.

Old 03-17-2011, 06:10 PM

1,374 posts, read 1,312,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
Because many have the ulterior motive of getting put in a special civil rights class if they can convince everyone that like being black, they have no choice in their behavior because they were just "Born This Way" ala Lady Ga Ga. Then they can get all kinds of Civil Rights Discrimination privlages and pretty much silence any one who disagrees with them. This has been a brilliant plan in effect for quite a while. You can read about it in a book called, "After the Ball: How America Will Conquer its Fear and Hatred of Gays in the 90's" by Marshall Kirk ( a brilliant homosexual man). I think its the "bible" of how- to for the homosexual movement.

Here's another link that tells how the diagnosis of Homosexuality was removed from the DSM in 1973 mainly as a result of gay political activism.
Thought Reform And The Psychology of Homosexual Advocacy

Hope this helps.
A common fallacy. Sure homosexuals were pushing for equal rights back then as they do now. However, the reason that homosexuality was removed from the DSM is because psychiatry is a science and the experts of the day could not and still cannot find any scientific or empirical evidence to buttress the assertion that homosexuality is a mental disorder. They found it to be a normal variant of human sexual behavior. Notice I said "normal variant" rather than just normal.

In other words, science has spoken. All you backward thinking luddites and flat earthers need to educate yourselves. This battle was fought and won in the 70's. Time to move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies