Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2011, 06:12 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,483,207 times

Advertisements

Who the hell would "choose" such a thing? To think that people who are attracted to the opposite sex would "choose" at some point to engage in sex with people of the same sex is ludicrous.

Old 03-17-2011, 06:14 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,521,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
Who knew that people might get testy when you call them diseased and then vote to deny them basic civil rights?
ROFL.......He calls us alcoholics, drug addicts and crazy......then cries like a little baby when we tell him he's a homophobic bigot.....and according to the definitions.....it's a given.....

Homophobia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bigotry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BIGOTRY ALWAYS HAS ITS REASONS - Professor Wilkes - University of Georgia School of Law

Homophobia: The Fear Behind The Hatred

Last edited by PITTSTON2SARASOTA; 03-17-2011 at 06:24 PM..

Old 03-17-2011, 06:17 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,358,226 times
Because the armchair ultra-right ideologue idiots would rather push their beliefs down your throat than actually gather data to shatter their little worlds and minds.

Old 03-17-2011, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You've never heard of bisexuals then who decided to settle down with a partner of the same sex?
So you mean all males are bisexual then.....interesting thought since so many married men come on to me!!!!! Please educate yourself...it's embarassing...really.

Sexual orientation, homosexuality and bisexuality

Old 03-17-2011, 06:20 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,529,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekester View Post
A common fallacy. Sure homosexuals were pushing for equal rights back then as they do now. However, the reason that homosexuality was removed from the DSM is because psychiatry is a science and the experts of the day could not and still cannot find any scientific or empirical evidence to buttress the assertion that homosexuality is a mental disorder. They found it to be a normal variant of human sexual behavior. Notice I said "normal variant" rather than just normal.

In other words, science has spoken. All you backward thinking luddites and flat earthers need to educate yourselves. This battle was fought and won in the 70's. Time to move on.
Oh, so science has spoken now! LOL. All those years until 1973 they were wrong-they declared it a "mental illness" with, as you state no facts to support this and now changed their minds.
Ya can't have it both ways my friend, it can't be factual and scientific when it supports your claim but fallable when it doesn't.

Empiricals actually don't change.
But we do agree on one thing; homosexuality is a variant; that is an event that departs from expectations, so it is an aberration from the norm. It is not the norm. And it can happen in nature but it does not mean it is normal.

Old 03-17-2011, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Oh, so science has spoken now! LOL. All those years until 1973 they were wrong-they declared it a "mental illness" with, as you state no facts to support this and now changed their minds.
Ya can't have it both ways my friend, it can't be factual and scientific when it supports your claim but fallable when it doesn't.

Empiricals actually don't change.
But we do agree on one thing; homosexuality is a variant; that is an event that departs from expectations, so it is an aberration from the norm. It is not the norm. And it can happen in nature but it does not mean it is normal.
ROFL.....you crack me up.......blue eyes are not the norm for the human species either!!!! But guess what....I have blue eyes and I'm gay......WOW...just mind boggling.

Keep it coming....your posts are very entertaining in a childlike way.

Old 03-17-2011, 06:27 PM

4,085 posts, read 4,335,025 times
I see Frack has been alerted to this thread. I bet he is mad that some of his thunder has been stolen.

Old 03-17-2011, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetuna View Post
I see Frack has been alerted to this thread. I bet he is mad that some of his thunder has been stolen.
Whoo. . wait a second. who is frack??? do tell?
And does this mean that "Frick" is soon to follow?

Old 03-17-2011, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
ROFL.....you crack me up.......blue eyes are not the norm for the human species either!!!! But guess what....I have blue eyes and I'm gay......WOW...just mind boggling.

Keep it coming....your posts are very entertaining in a childlike way.
And you crack me up!

Blue eyes are not the norm you say? Wow. You must be a scientist.

Um I think it has to do with dominant and recessive traits. And yes, blue eyes are quite "normal" just like blonde hair. I can't believe you are equating eye color and homosexuality. This is getting good. . . Do share more of your "science" with us.
And your posts are very entertaining in a frenzied train-wreck way.

Old 03-17-2011, 06:36 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
I find it odd that there are millions of first hand sources out there that can answer the question, yet people still think there is no way to find out of being gay is a choice or not, yet I've met very few straight people who say that they chose to be straight. Also, why are gay people's views on this subject not taken seriously since they would be the primary sources to ASK? Why do many straight people feel that they know more about this than actual gay PEOPLE? I'm gay and know NOTHING about what it's like to be straight and would never CLAIM TOO, but the opposite is not true.
Straight is the norm.

Most people cannot relate.

To each his/her own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies