Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2011, 01:06 PM

15,046 posts, read 8,618,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
Ummm nice points but we have an ALL VOLUNTEER MILITARY FORCE! Young people don't have to sign up to support our imperialistic government and corporations. I didn't. Other young people don't have to. Once America is worth fighting for again they can. But right now no one should be joining the military and dying for a corrupt and tyrannical US government. Once our politicians and leaders realize no one wants to fight and die for them and their corporate cronies they might wake up and realize they need to change course. that is my point. And what about those Foxnews junkies pushing their sons and daughters into joining the "military" because they are fighting for Freedm and democracy? HUH? Don't be a hypocrite.
ME? I'm being a hypocrite?

You talk about who we should have bombed a long time ago ... and expect a bunch of brainwashed kids to use their moral compasses to steer your freaking arse through troubled waters?

And I'll tell you this pal ..... a hell of a lot of those kids joined the National Guard, and have NO BUSINESS being shipped over seas to get ground up like hamburger for EXXON-MOBILE and Haliburton's profit margins.

Everyday, kids are being LIED to by military recruiters ..... we've got these ghouls now in MIDDLE SCHOOLS with there Junior ROTC programs indoctrinating 12 year olds!!!

Are you now going to expect 12 year olds to reshape US foreign policy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2011, 01:07 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,912,220 times
Quote:
No one said invade Iran. I said overthrow their leadership. There is a difference. You wouldn't have to invade Iran. Where was the US last year during the riots and uprising? Sitting on their ass doing and supporting nothing! We don't even have a President that can come out and show support for the freedom loving Iranian people. You don't need wars and tanks to overthrow a regime like what exists in Iran.. Look at Libya. The US and the UN acted WAY too late. And they did that for a reason. Just like they are tip toeing around the whole Iranian issue. The Iranian people are hungry for change and hungry for a revolution. But they have gotten and will get no support from our corrrupt corporate government. It's not in the best interests of oil companies and the corporation to overthrow the Iranian regime. Just like it wasn't in the interest of the Iranian people to overthrow Mossadeq in the 50s.
Neither can you go around assassinating foreign leaders you don't like. First of all, it isn't as simple as just knocking of a few guys at the top and secondly, where do you draw the line? Would you have supported Bush and Rumsfeld killing the European leaders who refused to go along with the Iraq war for example?

Old 03-18-2011, 01:10 PM

13,648 posts, read 20,763,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Neither can you go around assassinating foreign leaders you don't like. First of all, it isn't as simple as just knocking of a few guys at the top and secondly, where do you draw the line? Would you have supported Bush and Rumsfeld killing the European leaders who refused to go along with the Iraq war for example?
Hmmm...well...maybe Chirac? Ooops, did I say that?

Seriously, nobody would have tolerated that and it was NEVER on the agenda.

Old 03-18-2011, 01:13 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,714,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Spain is quite a long way from Libya.
It is closer than Britain, and yet, Britain is taking the lead.

Quote:
Italy and Greece are the closest European neighbors and they don't want to know. I guess they made that judgement call.
Yup, and that's what I'm critical of.

They didn't totally turn a blind eye to the situation... they did have ONE thing they were concerned about:

Quote:
Italy: Press Gaddafi to Halt Violence Against Protesters | Human Rights Watch

Interior ministers from France, Spain, Greece, Malta, and Cyprus met on February 23 in Rome and called for a collective EU response in the event of a mass influx from North Africa. A meeting of EU interior ministers in Brussels on February 24 is expected to address the same issue. Over 5,500 Tunisians have reached the Italian island of Lampedusa in the past month.

Italy has demanded that the EU share the burden of any influx of migrants and asylum seekers from Libya and other countries.
---
In 2009, Italy implemented a "pushback" policy with Libya - part of wider cooperation on migration control that included joint naval patrols - intercepting and sending back more than 600 people to Libya between May and August 2009 without any screening to identify those in need of international protection.
"Oh, these oppressed political refugees, being killed by their own government? Send them back to Libya, we don't want them."

Real humanitarians over there.

This wouldn't aggravate me so much, if Italy, Spain, France & Co. , hadn't been so critical of the United States human rights issues over the past 10 years. Apparently the strategy for maintaining "moral high ground" in southern Europe means running your mouth and turning a blind eye at the same time.

Last edited by le roi; 03-18-2011 at 01:26 PM..

Old 03-18-2011, 01:15 PM

2,409 posts, read 3,039,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
ME? I'm being a hypocrite?

You talk about who we should have bombed a long time ago ... and expect a bunch of brainwashed kids to use their moral compasses to steer your freaking arse through troubled waters?

And I'll tell you this pal ..... a hell of a lot of those kids joined the National Guard, and have NO BUSINESS being shipped over seas to get ground up like hamburger for EXXON-MOBILE and Haliburton's profit margins.

Everyday, kids are being LIED to by military recruiters ..... we've got these ghouls now in MIDDLE SCHOOLS with there Junior ROTC programs indoctrinating 12 year olds!!!

Are you now going to expect 12 year olds to reshape US foreign policy?
I agree with everything you are saying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What the hell does 12 year olds have to do with anything? You have to be 18 years old to join the military. 17 with a parent's permission right? LOL........

They aren't just getting ground up for Exxon-Mobile buddy........they are getting ground up for Nike shoes, Pepsi Cola, Ford Trucks, Colt armament etc. The entire global corporate structure relies on our young boys and girls dying for government imperialists and corporate monopolists. You and I are on the same page..........but the minute this country revolts against our government is the minute we have said young people pointing M16's in our faces, and patrolling our neighborhoods with Predator drones. So we agree our young people are brainwashed into signing up for a corrupt government that gives two licks about them. So what do we do about it? Vote someone like Ron Paul into office? Yeah right....he's just one man and the office of President is just a puppet position with zero power. The real power doesn't even lie in the hands of politicians anymore. And if it does......the revolving door of government is so big nowadays it wouldn't matter. John Dulles was as corrupt as they came.....and they named an airport after him.

Old 03-18-2011, 01:15 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,802,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
It is closer than Britain, and yet, Britain is taking the lead.
And don't forget France (it is closer to Libya than Spain is). But, ultimately, Italy may be playing host.

Old 03-18-2011, 01:17 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,802,087 times
Quote:
I agree with everything you are saying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What the hell does 12 year olds have to do with anything? You have to be 18 years old to join the military. 17 with a parent's permission right? LOL........
Indoctrination: The earlier you start, the easier it is.

Old 03-18-2011, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Indoctrination: The earlier you start, the easier it is.

So WTF??????? I see some stupid Army commerical playing in movie theatres to the rock band 3 Doors Down! I stand up and ***** and moan what is this ****..............and people call me unpatriotic and unamerican? SCREW THEM! I'm sick of my idiot fellow brainwashed Americans. Tha's the problem............EVERYONE sees what's going on but no one understands or cares enough to do anything about it. When I was a kid and went to the movie theatre I sure as hell don't remember seeing military recruiting advertisements on the screen. So what do we do about it?

Old 03-18-2011, 01:24 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,172,017 times
Quote:
Haha so what you are saying is that the US is completely useless in facing any real threat in the world and we have been beating up on weaker countries for 50+ years? LOL...........
SoCal...you're too smart to be saying nonsense like this.

You're letting your patriotism get in the way of objectivity....a nation of 75 million people WILL NOT be subdued...period!! You can't just take out their leadership in Iran, because we don't even understand how it works. All we know is that they have a powerless clown as a president. The machinations behind that clown are a bunch of faceless mullahs who have sh*tloads of power. I don't know how many of these folks exists, but i'm sure there are plenty. Even if the Iranians don't like their leadership, they will not turn against their own people in favor of an American installed puppet. It will not happen.

Taking out Ahmadinejad would be a colossal waste of time because he's nothing more than the face of the government. He's powerless. You'd have to kill the hundreds...maybe even thousands of mullahs, and that's simply impossible.

Old 03-18-2011, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
SoCal...you're too smart to be saying nonsense like this.

You're letting your patriotism get in the way of objectivity....a nation of 75 million people WILL NOT be subdued...period!! You can't just take out their leadership in Iran, because we don't even understand how it works. All we know is that they have a powerless clown as a president. The machinations behind that clown are a bunch of faceless mullahs who have sh*tloads of power. I don't know how many of these folks exists, but i'm sure there are plenty. Even if the Iranians don't like their leadership, they will not turn against their own people in favor of an American installed puppet. It will not happen.

Taking out Ahmadinejad would be a colossal waste of time because he's nothing more than the face of the government. He's powerless. You'd have to kill the hundreds...maybe even thousands of mullahs, and that's simply impossible.
So what do we do? Let Iran have nuclear weapons? Maybe we should help them build one of the most powerful, most capable nuclear arsenals in the middle east? I'm not being sarcastic. Maybe we should help build up the entire nuclear arsenal of North Korea. They could be our next China.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies