U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2011, 02:13 PM

47,316 posts, read 24,619,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
So what do we do? Let Iran have nuclear weapons? Maybe we should help them build one of the most powerful, most capable nuclear arsenals in the middle east? I'm not being sarcastic. Maybe we should help build up the entire nuclear arsenal of North Korea. They could be our next China.
Believe it or not, we can live with a nuclear Iran. I know that's hard to fathom, but it's true. Pakistan is far more fanatical than Iran is, and we don't seem to be too worried about them. The Israeli's will always try to convince us otherwise, but they're wrong. It's in their interest to have complete nuclear hegemony in that region, and i'm not mad at them for wanting it to be that way. But they're wrong when they say that we can't live with a nuclear Iran.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2011, 02:16 PM

509 posts, read 608,520 times
How about instead of wasting our resources in Libya, we let the Europeans handle it entirely. And with those resources freed up we send troops over to Mexico and sort out the drug war there [and try and slow the flood of illegals at the same time].

But Mexico does not have alot of $$ to gain from it though, afterall Mexico has no oil. I guess that's why our own backyard doesnt matter. It only has poor people that our big businesses want to continue moving here [illegally] for cheap labor so that they can stuff their own pockets with money.

Old 03-18-2011, 02:49 PM

19,445 posts, read 13,188,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
Unless there is a direct threat to US security, then yes.

Like myself and others have said though, it depends on the nature of the situation. It isn't a black and white issue.
There is no threat to US security if Qaddafi remains in power.

Last edited by Wapasha; 03-18-2011 at 03:31 PM..

Old 03-18-2011, 02:55 PM

19,445 posts, read 13,188,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Instead of ALWAYS trying to figure someone else out, how about occasionally sharing your personal view on what would be the most satisfactory solution to the situation to you? What do you think should be done?
As far as taking military action goes, we do nothing. We tell the Arab League to take of it if they want to.

Instead, 0bama said Qaddafi must go. Go where, exactly, and who should make him go??

If the Libyan people are supposed to make him go, then what happens when they are unable to do so, and they die trying? Then what?

Old 03-18-2011, 02:59 PM

8,797 posts, read 5,337,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
I agree with everything you are saying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What the hell does 12 year olds have to do with anything? You have to be 18 years old to join the military. 17 with a parent's permission right? LOL........

They aren't just getting ground up for Exxon-Mobile buddy........they are getting ground up for Nike shoes, Pepsi Cola, Ford Trucks, Colt armament etc. The entire global corporate structure relies on our young boys and girls dying for government imperialists and corporate monopolists. You and I are on the same page..........but the minute this country revolts against our government is the minute we have said young people pointing M16's in our faces, and patrolling our neighborhoods with Predator drones. So we agree our young people are brainwashed into signing up for a corrupt government that gives two licks about them. So what do we do about it? Vote someone like Ron Paul into office? Yeah right....he's just one man and the office of President is just a puppet position with zero power. The real power doesn't even lie in the hands of politicians anymore. And if it does......the revolving door of government is so big nowadays it wouldn't matter. John Dulles was as corrupt as they came.....and they named an airport after him.
You're absolutely correct .... I couldn't agree more with those points ... except ... our perceived inability to control this out of control government doesn't give license to blame the brainwashed kids being scooped up, flown to foreign lands and dropped off in a war zone in which an angry mob of armed people are sick of being blown up. WE have to stand up for them, not the other way around.

I'll tell you what .... those kids who become the most psychologically damaged over there are going to come back over here and be "our" police force when Marshall Law is imposed. And it won't take much to convince them that there is little difference between Iraqi and American civilians. If you can shoot unarmed women and children, or drop a bomb on them from 30,000 feet ... that switch has already been thrown.

Cause and effect, my friend. Whether it is by action or inaction, we're going to reap what we've sown.

The real issue here is that the American people first need to wake up to reality ... something only a minority have done thus far.

We've got men allowing TSA thugs to molest their wives and children in airports for crying out loud .... submit ... submit ... submit ... we have no backbone. If that isn't enough to summon indignation, I'm not sure we can expect any.

Old 03-18-2011, 03:02 PM

5,346 posts, read 3,220,751 times
They killed Saddam because he wouldn't join the Globalist New World Order... Looks like Ghaddafi is next...

Old 03-18-2011, 03:02 PM

9,897 posts, read 6,595,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Obama amps it up with sabre rattling rhetoric:

Obama to Gadhafi: Stop or face military action (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110318/ap_on_re_us/us_us_libya - broken link)

It's as if Cheney and Rumsfeld are back in the White House.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonaos View Post
First off, dont forget this. [b]The Media and "World leaders" make no distinction between a armed Rebel [wielding a AK-47] who is actively attacking Libyan officials and Army personal, and a normal Civilian who is not involved in the fighting at all. And from most reports from Libya, Rebels are being attacked almost exclusively. But that does not matter, our media will still say Civilians are under attack despite being armed Rebels.

Obviously there is alot more going on in Libya than we [the little people] are being told by World "leaders". I dont trust our US leaders or the Europeans to be honest and here is why...

The wording of the No Fly Zone resolution is shady, and the way the media has been reporting the events in Libya is shady as well. We went from imposing ONLY a No-Fly zone to it now including bombing Tanks and Artillery. That is quite a leap from only keeping Gaddafi's airforce grounded - we are now actively involved with attacking another nation's army. We were misled again, similar to the WMD lie with Iraq.

Considering the lies we have been told so far from our Government regarding Libya, and why Rebels are being called Civilians...It begs the question of why ? Is it oil that we are after ? Are we trying to get a pro-West puppet installed in Libya, what is it.

And for those of you who dont care and say Rebels should not be attacked...Ask yourself this. Do you think Obama, or ANY European nation would tolerate a Armed rebellion ? No way. If say there was a large uprising in Texas [with hundreds of deaths in the state due to Rebels] do you think Obama would just step down ? No. He would send in the Army. Gaddafi is not a great guy sure, but his response is not a bad one.
I was thinking the same thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9VusKPecpc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=q1TUxCCr0p4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xoe_Jqqezf4

Old 03-18-2011, 03:12 PM

40,057 posts, read 29,713,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonaos View Post
How about instead of wasting our resources in Libya, we let the Europeans handle it entirely. And with those resources freed up we send troops over to Mexico and sort out the drug war there...
Here's a really radical suggestion: suppose we didn't get involved in either of those places, and with the money freed up, we started fixing things right here in the United States?

Who would have imagined...more than two centuries ago, when there weren't even any computers, George Washington was right when he counseled against "foreign entanglements."

Old 03-18-2011, 03:17 PM

5,990 posts, read 11,198,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I was thinking the same thing.
So true.

Old 03-18-2011, 03:20 PM

3,756 posts, read 8,207,972 times
What I would like to know is where is the US getting the money to support this next war? And, why are we sticking our necks out again?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or