U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2011, 10:55 PM

9,326 posts, read 19,010,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
umm as a canadian neither left or right I supported military action in Afghanistan since it was in response to 9/11 and we went to take out osama and his supporters.

I mean who was not for going to Afghanistan after the attacks to get those responsible I am glad Canada went there ASAP to assit US forces in it
How do you feel about Canada getting involved in Libya?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2011, 10:55 PM

19,556 posts, read 18,762,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
No, it's not because you're refusing to face reality.

We never used the killings as the reason to invade. We invaded because he allegedly had WMDs that threatened us.

Do you see the difference?
It seems you do not know the facts regarding the Iraq resolution....
Look at number three on the list:
Iraq Resolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here you can read the whole thing.
Iraqi War Resolution - Text of Iraq Resolution and Roll Call Vote Authorizing War In Iraq

Old 03-19-2011, 10:58 PM

3,911 posts, read 4,740,593 times
Perpetual war. It started in the 30's and continues to redistribute our resources today.

They LOL at getting us to vote on social issues neither party really gives a **** about.

Say hello to our Plutocracy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Wrong. I have explained that the reasons for invading one country and not another are a complex web of political, economic, military, and risk assessment.
In other words,the civilians being killed in Libya a few weeks back are just a good excuse.

Quote:
Libya is far more strategic at this point than the Ivory Coast. No country does anything without expecting to get something out of it.
Thanks for at least admitting that civilians being killed aren't really important.

Quote:
I never thought I'd see the day the extreme right opposed any military action. I suspect it's just because of who's in charge of it rather than anything rational.
You don't know much about conservatism then.

I am unsurprised by the leftists here supporting unprovoked attacks on other nations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Well.... Charlie Sheen is free.... WINNING.
LOL.. there was a picture of Sheen on a roof top waving a machete.. very Ghaddafiesque.. and he can tell the BBC, CNN that is he.. WINNING!

Google Image Result for http://www.hawtmag.com/iwave/images/22/o-charlie-sheen-wields-machete-on-live-nation-s-roof-just-because.jpg

Old 03-19-2011, 11:00 PM

10,715 posts, read 22,379,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
How do you feel about Canada getting involved in Libya?
fine since it was 10-0 U.N. vote to use force. to be honest we are still in engaged afghanistan and war weary like US, british and aussie forces after 10 years of fighting. I thought the EU was going to just go no matter what france, italy and the british were the ones that pushed for action and as long as we stay to airstrikes and no ground troops then it seems we won't be there long.

Old 03-19-2011, 11:01 PM

11,145 posts, read 13,551,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
In other words,the civilians being killed in Libya a few weeks back are just a good excuse.

Thanks for at least admitting that civilians being killed aren't really important.

You don't know much about conservatism then.

I am unsurprised by the leftists here supporting unprovoked attacks on other nations.
You made up your mind before you even engaged in this conversation. There's really no reason for me to continue explaining a perfectly rational position. You disagree with it. Fine. At least try to be mature about it in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Seems so....it is an amazing coincidence that the left supports such wars when their party is in power but not when their party is not....
Many of my left leaning friends supported the war in Afghanistan, under Bush. Especially my friends in NY. But were oppossed to Iraq.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
fine since it was 10-0 U.N. vote to use force. to be honest we are still in engaged afghanistan and war weary like US, british and aussie forces after 10 years of fighting. I thought the EU was going to just go no matter what france, italy and the british were the ones that pushed for action and as long as we stay to airstrikes and no ground troops then it seems we won't be there long.
What right does the UN have to authorise attacking another nation?

Old 03-19-2011, 11:02 PM

9,897 posts, read 6,605,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Really? Iraq ring a bell.
I know - but at the time the administration made up the story about weapons of mass destruction - that was the initial reason they stated they were going there. It was
later proven to be a lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or