U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2011, 11:12 PM

19,556 posts, read 18,746,173 times

Advertisements

To those who support attacking Libya,how many civilian deaths is okay?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2011, 11:14 PM

3,855 posts, read 3,164,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Iraq is the worse foreign policy tragedy in my lifetime. When i think about all those dead soldiers, it just ticks me off to no end. I nearly come to pieces with anger. I want to know why they're dead. What for? And no one has yet given me a good answer.
Ask Obama as he's continuing this farce that Bush started. And NO to your suggestions that Conservatives support wars only started by Conservative Presidents.

If Obama was honest during the campaign and stated that he would keep Gitmo open AND continue on in Iraq and Afghanistan he would have NEVER been elected.

Old 03-19-2011, 11:17 PM

9,897 posts, read 6,598,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
I would have respected W more if he had gotten involved to stop the genocied in Darfur. Who accussed him of not liking black people? Can't remember now.
Kanye West/rapper. He was on TV with Paul Simon. It was hysterical to see Simon's face when West said it. And imagine - Bush stated it was the worst moment of his presidency - go figure.

Old 03-19-2011, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Not to mention the Arab League wants our help in Libya, having voted 20 - 2 in favor of the No Fly Zone, which is exactly the opposite of their unanimous vote opposing our illegal invasion of Iraq. There are justifications beyond our own immediate threat to take military action. One is in support of our allies in the region who have asked for our help, many of whom gave their help to us when we asked for it in Afghanistan. Reasonable democrats will understand this. Republicans' mileage will vary
You really are clueless to bring up the SPINELESS Arab League ???

How many cowards are in this "Arab League" and why aren't they doing the fighting???

Quit trying to find LAME excuses YOU and everyone else knows the USA will do the bulk of the grunt work and bear the most costs.

Old 03-19-2011, 11:53 PM

9,326 posts, read 18,990,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Kanye West/rapper. He was on TV with Paul Simon. It was hysterical to see Simon's face when West said it. And imagine - Bush stated it was the worst moment of his presidency - go figure.
Thanks! It might be a future trivia night question.

Old 03-20-2011, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
where are the arab league forces they said woud be there?

did they bail out on us?
The Arab Nations are ALL talk and when things don't go their way they'll blame the US anyways, It is a JOKE for the Obama Administration to even mention the Arab League.

They'll only show up after it's over to parade around a secure area for Al Jazeera cameras.

Old 03-20-2011, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
where are the arab league forces they said woud be there?

did they bail out on us?
According to Al Arabiya, Qatar and the UAE will most likely get involved. Egypt is not but they have been helping the rebels already..

Old 03-20-2011, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Maybe the French should lead. After all, it is in their backyard.
They HAVE been taking the lead. They were th first to recognize the rebels and they pushed the UN resolution with Britain. they were also the first to send planes to attack.

Old 03-20-2011, 01:40 AM

7,294 posts, read 3,976,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
To those who support attacking Libya,how many civilian deaths is okay?
As few as possible.
We didn't cause this.

Old 03-20-2011, 03:28 AM

5,368 posts, read 4,872,412 times
I can't believe we went and started another war. This is not our fight! Let the people of Libya deal with their own crap!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or